HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fairly revealing stat

Old
04-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Jigglyfly was beat his keyboard earlier in the season talking about how Tangradi needs to be given real time on the NHL roster, and just kept there to figure things out. I didn't agree with him. I do agree with him now. I don't think the AHL does Tangradi any good whatsoever. He needs to be on the NHL roster in some capacity. He's one of those guys, who I have felt, will be a better NHL player, than AHL player.

We actually have no idea what Tangradi was as far as the depth chart because of the contract situations. He definitely fell victim to numbers with us having guys that couldn't be sent down due to the fact that they had to pass through waivers.
He's in a tough spot with us because we are a team that is trying to win now. That makes it tough to play a project player like Tangradi if he isn't one of the 12 best forwards on the roster. I get the idea that the development would be good for him. But I also watched Dustin Jeffrey, Chris Connor and Joe Vitale look like better NHL players than him this year.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
JTG

See, I don't think they looked that much better. Statistically, yeah, a guy like Dustin Jeffrey **** on Tangradi.

Before Tangradi got hurt, I saw the guy using his body very, very well. He's strong on the puck, he is physical, and he's tough to handle. I consider that being effective. Some wouldn't because we have quite a few "STATZZ!11!!" guys here that only deem a player effective if he put up points.

Watching Tangradi, I have no doubt he's an NHL talent. What kind of NHL talent he will be is still VERY much up in the air. I'd like to see him get time on the 3rd line, and be given more responsibility as he gains confidence.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
See, I don't think they looked that much better. Statistically, yeah, a guy like Dustin Jeffrey **** on Tangradi.

Before Tangradi got hurt, I saw the guy using his body very, very well. He's strong on the puck, he is physical, and he's tough to handle. I consider that being effective. Some wouldn't because we have quite a few "STATZZ!11!!" guys here that only deem a player effective if he put up points.

Watching Tangradi, I have no doubt he's an NHL talent. What kind of NHL talent he will be is still VERY much up in the air. I'd like to see him get time on the 3rd line, and be given more responsibility as he gains confidence.
I agree mostly. I think he should be put in a 3rd line capacity next year and left there to develop. I am just not a fan of a Tangradi-Malkin-Kovy line next year. Sounds great on paper based on their roles, but Tangradi has not proven he deserves that opportunity. I think that is the other issue. Guys like Letestu and Jeffrey have earned their spots this year. I'm still not convinced Tangradi has. I get that contracts are a part of it, but knowing the type of players Bylsma likes, I would imagine Tangradi would be given every opportunity they felt he deserved. I hope he gets that chance next season.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:26 AM
JTG

I don't particularly like that 2nd line either. The lineup I want to see is,

Neal-Crosby-Kennedy
Kunitz-Staal-Malkin
Jeffrey-Letestu-Tangradi
Cooke-Vitale-Asham/Adams/Maybe even Talbot if we can find the cap room and he doesn't want the moon(?)

Split ES evenly between 3 and 4

Old
04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:

Neal-Crosby-Kennedy
Kunitz-Staal-Malkin
Jeffrey-Letestu-Tangradi
Cooke-Vitale-Asham/Adams/Maybe even Talbot if we can find the cap room and he doesn't want the moon(?)

I am actually quite down with that. The 3rd line is definitely different but I think those guys may catch fire together. Definitely a solid top 6 and that 4th line is just nasty. Plus that gives us the cap space to sign a scoring winger or solid veteran D at the deadline if we are missing some pieces.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
JTG

I like Engelland and Lovejoy, but I'd like to see a stay-at-home, veteran #5 brought in if we have the money. I think Lovejoy might have some trade value, so I'd trade him, and let Engelland be either the 13th forward or 7th defenseman nights we need a pugilist.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
I like Engelland and Lovejoy, but I'd like to see a stay-at-home, veteran #5 brought in if we have the money. I think Lovejoy might have some trade value, so I'd trade him, and let Engelland be either the 13th forward or 7th defenseman nights we need a pugilist.
That sounds perfect to me. I agree Lovejoy may have some trade value as well.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:

Neal-Crosby-Kennedy
Kunitz-Staal-Malkin
Jeffrey-Letestu-Tangradi

I like this lineup. As much as I think ET. needs to stay in WBS for at least another half season, being with familiar company on a 3rd line could be beneficial for him.

Only note: No Fa pickup. I'd give Kovalev another run with the centers at 100%. You can't teach puck poise that he has. Yes turn overs but a lot of it has to do with him leaving pucks for north south players who don't think outside of the box. I don't think he'll have that problem with Crosby or Malkin.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

If you want to give him a third line role I am much more open to the idea. And I do agree that he looked better at the end of the year. I just think it's still a bit early to pencil him into the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
I like this lineup. As much as I think ET. needs to stay in WBS for at least another half season, being with familiar company on a 3rd line could be beneficial for him.

Only note: No Fa pickup. I'd give Kovalev another run with the centers at 100%. You can't teach puck poise that he has. Yes turn overs but a lot of it has to do with him leaving pucks for north south players who don't think outside of the box. I don't think he'll have that problem with Crosby or Malkin.
I agree with the point that we can still bring in a FA, but I wouldn't make it Kovalev.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote