HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

We're 8th in the league in ROW

Old
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Yea the only reason the Ruins have so many more points then we do is because they ALWAYS got into OT thus getting a point. Something that we did not do.
You do realize that they are 3rd on the list ?

...it's an argument against the Penguins and the Rangers... but not the Bruins.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:34 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I still don't think Laich is a true top-6 player. Yes, he's better than Moen, Darche and current Pouliot, but to me, he's a great 3rd line centre who can fill in the 2nd line temporarily.
He'll probably command $4m+ as well. In a Habs defensive system, he'd struggle to get 50 points like he is this year.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I still don't think Laich is a true top-6 player. Yes, he's better than Moen, Darche and current Pouliot, but to me, he's a great 3rd line centre who can fill in the 2nd line temporarily.
Yea but who is a real 2nd line winger that we can sign ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 12:42 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If only that meant anything.

The REALITY: we are 14th in the league, 6th in the East, and 5pts out of a PO spot with 3games remaining..
on the other hand, in playoffs, if u lose in OT, you still lose. Having top-tier pure win is a good stat to behold at the moment.

Also, little care if we score lots of goals or not. Winning by 1 goal is as rewarding as winning by 5. Actually, I feel that in the playoffs, better to win by 1 goal, or your opponent will change it's formula, wake up, etc...

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
on the other hand, in playoffs, if u lose in OT, you still lose. Having top-tier pure win is a good stat to behold at the moment.
and if you win in OT, its still a win.

Having a top tier pure win stat doesn't make us a better team, it just means we either play really good or really bad. It doesn't make us a power house. Our recent thrashing of the Wild and getting thrashed by the Bruins are perfect examples.

It only means, that we don't play a lot of tie games, it doesn't mean we are a better team.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM
haburger

with markov and gorges we d be first in the div.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:30 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
with markov and gorges we d be first in the div.
And Pittsburg would have double the wins... a 100 wins season... YESSSS !

As great a player Markov is... I doubt having Gorges and him would equal to more wins.

I'm really tired of these simple equations of "more guys back = wins".

We've been better all season long with a depleted lineup then with a healthy lineup... explain this.

... also, how much better our opponents would be if they didn't have any injuries ?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Yea but who is a real 2nd line winger that we can sign ?
Erik Cole, Scottie Upshall, Simon Gagne, Michael Ryder (lol), Hejduk, Vrbata, Frolov, Knuble, Fleischmann, Prospal, Brunette, Samsonov(), Miettinen, Dr. Recchi, Zherdev, Tanguay, Jokinen, Glencross, Kopecky + alot of fringe second liner/good third liner.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post

As great a player Markov is... I doubt having Gorges and him would equal to more wins.

We've been better all season long with a depleted lineup then with a healthy lineup... explain this.

... also, how much better our opponents would be if they didn't have any injuries ?
rofl.. Gorges is arguably our best defensive defense man and Markov when he's healthy he's one of the better defense men in the league... Markov and Gorges on the ice = a few less goals going in (especially at critical points in the game) and Markov = a lethal PP. I don't understand why this wouldn't translate into more wins, not t to mention the fact that our transition game would be a lot better.

It's not a simple matter of more guys = better team it's better players = better team lol... I think any team would take Markov and Gorges over Wiz and Mara any day.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
JuJu Mobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Erik Cole, Scottie Upshall, Simon Gagne, Michael Ryder (lol), Hejduk, Vrbata, Frolov, Knuble, Fleischmann, Prospal, Brunette, Samsonov(), Miettinen, Dr. Recchi, Zherdev, Tanguay, Jokinen, Glencross, Kopecky + alot of fringe second liner/good third liner.
I'd take Glencross.

JuJu Mobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I think the team has played much better than it did last year. They played better than I thought they would. Yes, Price has carried us for stretches but the team has been better than the GF has shown.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post

wich one of them lost their best player for the whole season ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
At least half of them are not better than Kostitsyn...
Just for the fun.

I think that Gagne, Hejduk, Fleischmann and Frolov are the only players that are possibly good fits.
The only problem is that they all have dealt with injuries this season or in 09-10. Fleischmann is very likely to stay in Colorado, and so does Hejduk.

Tanguay, Ryder, i dont think i need to explain.
Prospal, Zherdev, Vrbata are exactly like Kostitsyn. Very good when they're on, but when they're not...ugh. And they are barely more effective...

Brunette and Recchi are clearly too old for us (Cole possibly fit here too), and not fast enough, we could add Knuble to this category.

Jokinen is not exactly playing for a successful team...he actually never did.

Glencross and Upshall are complimentary players, but you cant expect a lot from guys barely able to have more than 40 points per season. Just think about that number with our system...

Miettinen sucks, and Kopecky reached the 30-point plateau for the first time in his career...

So, basically, i hope that Pacioretty will be ready in October, because the options are...uninteresting.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 06:09 AM
E = CH²

Wish the NHL had never started giving one point to losers or instituted the SO... you can't tell me that makes more sense than ties.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote