HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Screw you refs! Sabres win!!

Old
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
sabresandcanucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
Yea, I am not beyond convincing ... I guess Stafford overall was productive. I just remember a big chunk of the game where I was yelling at his play. But you can't argue against productivity. My other Bad player was Nieds, Stafford just stuck out more to me. But I can agree with your points
I agree....but I do think that when the game was on the line Stafford took his play to the next level.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

I didn't get to see the game. From the highlights it looked like Enroth was fantastic.

Thanks Ron Barr for making Sabres fans look like whiny *****es on the main board.

I really hope some of our injured guys get back in time for the playoffs...

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Just finishing watching the game, had it on delay.
This is an impressive win when you think about it objectively. We haven't had our #1 scorer in months, we lost Hecht, Kaleta, Grier. We win the game with a stellar performance from our AHL goalie replacing our marquee star. Top it off with the winning goal being scored by a d-man called up from the AHL to replace the guy who was our top scoring d-man before get injured.
That's bloody lucky or this team really has some depth and knows how to dig in when it counts.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Agreed. It's bad enough that there is a thread full of crap on the main board about tonight's game. Trolling another team's board after a win? Expect infractions.
Exactly. It's idiotic to go into another teams GDT and start ish. I know some canes' fans say some dumbass things, but so do we. Every fanbase that has a rivalry like us does. It's their GDT.

I get annoyed when rival leaf fans come talking crap. Even if they are being logical and well-mannered; their presence annoys the hell out of me....especially after a tough Overtime loss.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

vCash: 446
Good game, guys. Enjoy the win.

Chicago Made Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Good game, guys. Enjoy the win.
I thought it was a tight, defensive, playoff-type battle. Neither team played great, but it was entertaining in its own right.

This was huge. Great to take 2 points.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Endless

Enroth Saves the Day!

The officiating was terrible , not a great game , but to be expected after we played last night and are missing 6-7 starters , awesome 2 points , GJ buffalo

Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:41 PM
CrankyJay

My brother is a Sabres fan living in Raleigh. He went to the game and called me afterward telling me how boring he thought it was. I thought the game was really exciting...I guess TV adds some dramatic flare?

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
My brother is a Sabres fan living in Raleigh. He went to the game and called me afterward telling me how boring he thought it was. I thought the game was really exciting...I guess TV adds some dramatic flare?
It was exciting being there. The section I was in was about 75% Canes fans and 25% Sabres fans. Let me tell you, it was INTENSE. It felt like a game 7, and I was at both game 7s from our Cup run in 06.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
barcs

Just a great post from the Canes board:

"Why is nobody asking the obvious question? Why was Marc-André Gragnani even ON THE ICE at that point in the game? The guy is a 24-year-old marginal defense prospect playing in his 12th career NHL game with 11 career NHL *shots on goal* to his credit. He's not even considered an "offensive" defenseman, but more of an all-around guy."

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post

"Why is nobody asking the obvious question? Why was Marc-André Gragnani even ON THE ICE at that point in the game? The guy is a 24-year-old marginal defense prospect playing in his 12th career NHL game with 11 career NHL *shots on goal* to his credit. He's not even considered an "offensive" defenseman, but more of an all-around guy."
You should have read the rest of the post, where he went on to say that Ruff was smart for taking a chance that paid off when he probably had what would seem like better options sitting on his bench.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:50 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
You should have read the rest of the post, where he went on to say that Ruff was smart for taking a chance that paid off when he probably had what would seem like better options sitting on his bench.
I think the point was that MAG's weakness as a prospect coming up through the system has 100% been his defensive game, and that he has been considered an offensive defenseman and a defensive liability prior to this year as a prospect.

But, regardless, bringing posts over from the other teams board is not kosher, barcs. Leave what they say there, what we say here, and everyone's happier for it.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:50 PM
barcs

Quote:
Absolutely agree with that point. Ruff has his finger on the pulse of his guys better than most coaches in the league.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
I think the point was that MAG's weakness as a prospect coming up through the system has 100% been his defensive game, and that he has been considered an offensive defenseman and a defensive liability prior to this year as a prospect.
Ah, understood.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
boring because there weren't many goals???

This was one of the most exciting games the Sabres have been in all season.

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
It was exciting being there. The section I was in was about 75% Canes fans and 25% Sabres fans. Let me tell you, it was INTENSE. It felt like a game 7, and I was at both game 7s from our Cup run in 06.
I flew down in 05-06 to visit my bro and go see game 5 of the ECF. Sabres had the early lead but in the end the 'Canes came back and won. It was a very tough walk back to the car.

Hell of a game/series though.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct View Post
boring because there weren't many goals???

This was one of the most exciting games the Sabres have been in all season.
I guess he likes finesse and this was more of a gritty chess match. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Old
04-03-2011, 09:59 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post

But, regardless, bringing posts over from the other teams board is not kosher, barcs. Leave what they say there, what we say here, and everyone's happier for it.
I've been pleasantly surprised at the bolded not being true since his call-up. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Grags just might have a place on the team next year if he can keep his good play.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
I've been pleasantly surprised at the bolded not being true since his call-up. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Grags just might have a place on the team next year if he can keep his good play.
Agreed. He's a very interesting prospect. If he can play smart, positional defense and play more of an offensive game than Butler, he might be able to make him expendable if he just gets a little bit stronger in the offseason.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:15 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Another was McCormick's double take out in the first end period. He carried some solid weight on that and played the out-turn perfectly.
Considering I was in my curling finals during the first period, this comment made me almost wet myself.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Husko

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post

In all fairness, he was praising Ruff for the decision to go with Grags.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:39 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
I didn't get to see the game. From the highlights it looked like Enroth was fantastic.

Thanks Ron Barr for making Sabres fans look like whiny *****es on the main board.

I really hope some of our injured guys get back in time for the playoffs...
This is the problem with HF. The refs were genuinely awful and completely one sided yet Ron Barr makes a thread to expose it and somehow he is looked upon as a whiner? He had a legitimate gripe. Its like you aren't allowed to voice your displeasure or raise the possibility of favoritism around here. Everyone likes to pretend it doesn't happen.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
In all fairness, he was praising Ruff for the decision to go with Grags.
I actually agreed with everything he said, too.

Agreeing with a canes fan?I feel....violated

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
MLH

Carolina dives a lot. Skinner is an embarrasment.

MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 10:53 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH View Post
Carolina dives a lot. Skinner is an embarrasment.
The hook that Butler got called on against Skinner that lead to the 5 on 3 was a joke. Skinner grabbed his stick and was pulling him around the ice like a damn sled dog.

Great win. I'm loving seeing Stafford on the PK. A sign of Ruff's trust in him and iirc Stafford led the NCAA in shorthanded goals his last year.

I was not happy with Sekera tonight. Seemed to be making dumb decisions and took a bad frustration penalty. Weber also got schooled by Staal a couple of times in this game. On the other hand, I thought Myers really rose to the occasion. He turned his game up.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote