HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Screw you refs! Sabres win!!

Old
04-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
After reading this I ran the numbers and put up a thread on the main about it. It's pretty incredible.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=895274

04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Ugly: Kevin Weekes was on NHL live today talking about how he was the goalie of note for the last tie in the NHL before the lockout.

He was 20 minutes played away from getting a sizable bonus on his contract (he said it was six figure range) and even though his team was getting blown out, the coach (paul maurice) waited till 13 minutes left in the 3rd to put him in so he wouldn't get the bonus, even if the team went to OT.

He said he wasn't mad at Maurice for it, but Jim Rutherford on the other hand...

TehDoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Good luck the rest of the way -- here's to a Hab-less or Ranger-less playoff season.
Should I take that as a "You're posting too much on this thread for an opposing fan, now leave"?

Anywho, yes good luck, hope to see a rematch in the ECF.

Stephen Goalbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:14 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post
Should I take that as a "You're posting too much on this thread for an opposing fan, now leave"?

Yeah, leave.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton the Great View Post

No, not at all. Just attempting to inject a little good sportsmanship into a fanbase relationship that could use as much of it as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
Yeah, leave.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Cuse44

Great game and great day for tailgating. I must say the highlight of my night, well besides the Sabres win and leaving the RBC to chants of Lets Go Buffalo, was seeing a 300 lb Sabre fan coming down a dirt hill on a motorized cooler while drinking beer out of straws on his Sabre hardhat. The poor guy had so much speed going he had no chance and just bit it.

Everyone's favorite journalist, Luke Decock, (he is legendary for his 2006 playoff articles explaining icing, offsides,etc) wrote this gem of a column on Sunday morning:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/...anes-fans.html

Ugly: Skinner is a heck of a player and needs to cut out the diving. he reminded me of Roy when he was younger.

Cuse44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 09:53 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post
Great game and great day for tailgating. I must say the highlight of my night, well besides the Sabres win and leaving the RBC to chants of Lets Go Buffalo, was seeing a 300 lb Sabre fan coming down a dirt hill on a motorized cooler while drinking beer out of straws on his Sabre hardhat. The poor guy had so much speed going he had no chance and just bit it.

Everyone's favorite journalist, Luke Decock, (he is legendary for his 2006 playoff articles explaining icing, offsides,etc) wrote this gem of a column on Sunday morning:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/...anes-fans.html

Ugly: Skinner is a heck of a player and needs to cut out the diving. he reminded me of Roy when he was younger.
I mean really, giving away souvenir pint glasses at a hockey game? In the Conference Finals? After you've been serving alcohol all night?

I've said it before, but that's like giving out battery-powered toys at a Flyers game - you're just asking for trouble.

And the Carolina dive-athalon last night was painful to watch. The sad thing is that it actually worked - the calls were extremely one-sided in their favor, they just suck too much to capitalize.

FORE!!!

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:03 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
I mean really, giving away souvenir pint glasses at a hockey game? In the Conference Finals? After you've been serving alcohol all night?

I've said it before, but that's like giving out battery-powered toys at a Flyers game - you're just asking for trouble.

And the Carolina dive-athalon last night was painful to watch. The sad thing is that it actually worked - the calls were extremely one-sided in their favor, they just suck too much to capitalize.

FORE!!!
J - that is the biggest jinx signature I"ve ever seen. Please eradicate it forthwith and apologize to the hockey gods. Thank you.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Ugly: Kevin Weekes was on NHL live today talking about how he was the goalie of note for the last tie in the NHL before the lockout.

He was 20 minutes played away from getting a sizable bonus on his contract (he said it was six figure range) and even though his team was getting blown out, the coach (paul maurice) waited till 13 minutes left in the 3rd to put him in so he wouldn't get the bonus, even if the team went to OT.

He said he wasn't mad at Maurice for it, but Jim Rutherford on the other hand...
Totally gutless.

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:18 AM
bills44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post

That was Ned Barnett, I believe.

And yes, Skinner is a world-class diver.

bills44 is offline   Reply With Quote