HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-game talke Pseudo-Playoff game #2

Old
04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito_81 View Post
I agree, although with 1 tweak.

Enroth vs Tampa. Then you get Miller back in vs Philly. Then finish out the season with Lalime against Columbus. Give the guy 1 more NHL game before he hangs em up. Say what you will about his play this season, but he's been a great team-mate for the guys and an absolute class act.

As long as the playoffs aren't on the line, I'd go with Patty to finish out the season.
I'm with Vito. Play Enroth tomorrow, Miller vs. Philly if he's healthy, and then Lalime on Saturday for one last go-round. However, if we aren't locked into our playoff spot at that point and have a choice between, say, winning and facing the Flyers or losing and facing the Caps, I would say play Enroth.

Basically, Enroth tomorrow, Miller Friday, either Enroth or Lalime Saturday depending on how the standings look. I would also like to give Patty one more game before he hangs 'em up.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:

Enroth vs Tampa. Then you get Miller back in vs Philly. Then finish out the season with Lalime against Columbus. Give the guy 1 more NHL game before he hangs em up. Say what you will about his play this season, but he's been a great team-mate for the guys and an absolute class act.

As long as the playoffs aren't on the line, I'd go with Patty to finish out the season.
Not a chance, I love Patty but there will likely be something riding on that last game of the season. It may not be the playoffs, but with 6-8 separated by 2 points we will likely have something riding on that last game.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:

I don't mind that as long as we have a spot secured going into Columbus. If we don't, not a chance.

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Not a chance, I love Patty but there will likely be something riding on that last game of the season. It may not be the playoffs, but with 6-8 separated by 2 points we will likely have something riding on that last game.
Not necessarily. Assuming we win 1 of our next 2 games in regulation, we'll have both tiebreakers locked up over NYR and CAR. With Montreal's point and ROW cushion, there's a decent-enough chance that last game of the season is meaningless.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
SwordsgoneWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Folks, this is a PRE-GAME TALK thread, not a GDT.

If you don't like it, then DON'T READ IT.

Next jackass that decides to comment on whether or not this thread should exist gets an infraction. And anyone else after that will too.
Thank you sir. I cant believe the concept of a PGT is lost on so many Jesus people need to relax The team's fate is in its hands not in the hands of some superstitious crap on HF boards

SwordsgoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:39 PM
fing0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordsgoneWild View Post
Thank you sir. I cant believe the concept of a PGT is lost on so many Jesus people need to relax The team's fate is in its hands not in the hands of some superstitious crap on HF boards

everything you do on this board is jynx this or jynx that.

so stupid.

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:49 PM
ohheyimmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fing0rz View Post

so stupid.

Personally, I find it very noble of the fans to take Buffalo sports failures upon their own shoulders/keyboards.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:59 PM
MikeB26Sabres

Quote:

God I hope not I'm driving to Columbus for that one! I went last year as well and had to put up with seeing Lalime...not again!!

MikeB26Sabres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

Quote:
Let's have an existentialist moment: nothing you do matters. Nothing you do or say will have any effect on the Sabres. Shout shutout, talk about first round playoff opponents- it's all good.

I'd like to see Lalime get one more chance at a win. The team seems to have learned how to rally around and trust someone other than Miller to get a win. This team looks more well equipped to get a win with Pat then they were back in November.

But then again, this isn't a charity. That game might be important. If Even for momentum heading into the playoffs.

ZemgusWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
SwordsgoneWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fing0rz View Post

so stupid.
Are you talking about me? Whenever i say anything about jynx its all in jest or sarcasm.

Sorry if I misunderstood what your saying and you are indeed talking about the board in general, then i agree

SwordsgoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 02:13 AM
fing0rz

Quote:
Are you talking about me? Whenever i say anything about jynx its all in jest or sarcasm.

Sorry if I misunderstood what your saying and you are indeed talking about the board in general, then i agree

yah just the board in general.

fing0rz is offline   Reply With Quote