HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

4 days till the rematch....

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
4 days till the rematch....

Yep, going back to that genetic cesspool on the island. I cannot wait for this game. Not because I want the carnage from last game repeated. I don't. But I do want, and expect payback to be extracted. Sure, the 2 points will be nice, but let's face it, we ain't catching Philly, and if we lose home ice to TB, big whoop. Are we winning it all this year anyway without Sid?

Byslma better have Godard, Engs, Rupp, and Asham in the lineup. I know everyone has a hard on for Connor and Lovejoy, but they need to be in the pressbox for this game. I want those 4 to lay beatdowns on the 4 inbred clowns that ran amok last game. I want every check to be finished. And I want to beat them by about 8 goals.

So what's everyone thinking bout this game? Who we gonna have in goal? I know people have short memories, but if you need a refresher, watch the 'highlights' on youtube. Reread the idiot Konopka's comments about Mario. I did last night and it made me sick all over again watching Gillies headhunt Tangradi, Haley go after BJ, Martin sucker Talbot, etc.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
KiuasWarrior

I'm hoping for a clean game. The Pens have a post season to look forward to, they have golf. This can only hurt us.

If it gets ugly, no doubt I will enjoy. I'm just hoping it is injury free.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Pitt's Best #87 #66

I'm pretty sure that nothing is going to happen. There might be one or two fights but I doubt it will get out of hand. The NHL is going to be watching this game closely.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Pens1566

Hope for clean, be prepared for not so clean. That would be my gameplan if I was Bylsma.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:26 AM
skullman80

Send a message via AIM to skullman80 Send a message via Yahoo to skullman80
Nothing is going to happen.

It's going to be like the game against Boston after Cooke injured Savard.

Might have one fight and that's it. Both teams know the league will be watching.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Pens1566

I'd start Johnson as well.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Terrapin

I think, and hope, it'll be clean. But they did a lot of talking and chest thumping after that game, and I would think the Pens haven't forgotten. Like I said, I'd like to see the guys that went nuts last game be confronted about it. Then all 8 of the goons could be kicked out for all I care.

I just wonder what Bylsma says before the game to the team. What personnel decisions are made (who do we start in goal? Do we give someone like Kovy the night off?)

Old
04-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
Excuse me for not wanting a giant lightening rod for the 's to invade. Which is likely all this thread will do for 4-5 pages.

Then be locked.
You don't think these threads will appear on their board and the main board in the next few days? It's an interesting topic, and I think Bylsma and the team are in a tough spot; probably wanting to extract a degree of revenge, while also protecting themselves (phyisically and suspension-wise) with the playoffs a week away.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Dylonus

I could care less. Let them whine over a fight they started. It's not our problem.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
random88hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Second that.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Burket23

I believe some retribution is in order. As much as i know taking the high road is the correct move, i couldn't resist the urge to destroy gillies. But if i was bylsma i would dress godard and tell him to fight gillies (fair) and after that fight call it even (even tho its not) and play some discipline hockey.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
JWells16

Nothing major will happen... There might be a small staged fight, but I would be surprised if something actually happened.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Nothing is going to happen. The league will punish-**** whoever is dumb enough to do anything.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
The league will destroy anyone dumb enough to do anything.

Unfortunately for us that probably isn't enough to stop many of those meat-heads that won't have jobs in a couple weeks on Long Island.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
I could care less. Let them whine over a fight they started. It's not our problem.
Because I care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Naturally. Having Fleury in there so one of their players can take a run at him (basically without fear of punishment from the league since hitting goalies is such a grey area when people crash the crease) would be nuts. Plus I want to see DJ clock Gillies if he takes liberties around the crease.

I'm just glad Sid won't be in there. I'd definitely have someone who can put the hammer down out on the ice with Neal at all times because he's precisely the kind of player Gillies will try to run IMO. Of course NYI management could show an ounce of class and not play Gillies in this game (because he doesn't make their team better) and no one will have to worry about things getting out of hand.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

gillies and godard fought in the last game, if ape man is in the line up then godad has to be dressed too. it would be stupid not to play him.

i think haley and martin get called out by either DE, rupp, maybe even asham. hopefully they dont run away with the crap they pulled the last game. fight some damn fighters and earn some respect

Old
04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
You don't think these threads will appear on their board and the main board in the next few days? It's an interesting topic, and I think Bylsma and the team are in a tough spot; probably wanting to extract a degree of revenge, while also protecting themselves (phyisically and suspension-wise) with the playoffs a week away.
Places I do not go or care about (except for when there is a thread on the main that is troll free, super rare. Or if it makes me laugh).

Old
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
Because I care.

i'm happy to see that making it around. drives me nuts

Old
SterlingBennett
Duchess Of Wingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
The league will destroy anyone dumb enough to do anything.

Unfortunately for us that probably isn't enough to stop many of those meat-heads that won't have jobs in a couple weeks on Long Island.
Basically this.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Pick87your71Poison

Well I'll be at this game so would be fun to see something interesting happen, but obviously the key is to come out without losing anyone

Old
04-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

It's not going to be a gong show like the last game...but if you think NOTHING will happen, you're nuts.

After the last game, Bylsma was pretty candid in his comments saying something to the effect that "there's no way we will forget about this game"...We won't goon it up like they did, but Godard, Engels, and Asham (if the injury is ok) will be dressed and ready to go. Godard had a quote in the paper yesterday saying that he really wants to be in the lineup for that game so you know his gloves won't be glued on. Engelland knows the score so he will be trying to go with someone and Asham has unfortunately been disappointing since he came back from the concussion and if he feels any urgency to make a case for some playoff PT, he needs to be a physical presence in that game and show that he is willing to throw himself around for his teammates.

Most think a chippy game would be a bad thing right before the playoffs, I tend to think that going in there and making a statement both on the scoreboard and with their fists will give the team a boost going forward.

Old
04-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
Because I care.

You, sir, are a great American.

Old
04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

The only ones who possibily could care to cause trouble at that point would be the Isles, as the Pens want nothing more that to get out of there with no injuries and ready for the playoffs. And why would the Isle's care at that point? The whole 'team building' tripe we heard at the time is irrelevant by then. Most care more about their upcoming tee times, and half of them will likely not even be on the team next year. Honestly it likely will be a non-event most likely.

That said, Godard is going to have zero role in the playoffs, as is always the case with his type of player. I could maybe see him causing some trouble, but even there you risk players who will be playing in the playoffs if you start with the Isle's mental midgets.

Old
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I'll be at the WBS Pens game so I'll have to DVR this one...

There will be a big buildup and nothing will happen. Thank God.

Old
04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Dr Van Nostrand
Banned

There is only one answer.

Last edited by Dr Van Nostrand: 04-04-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Closed Thread