HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 days till the rematch....

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2011, 03:07 PM
TheDudeAbides

vCash: 500
i dont expect this game to get out of hand, its going to be too closely watched and after matt cooke did what he did a few games ago he once again put our team under the magnifying glass and i dont think we have the luxury of playing an "overly physical" game now.

Old
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Pens17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
gillies and godard fought in the last game, if ape man is in the line up then godad has to be dressed too. it would be stupid not to play him.

i think haley and martin get called out by either DE, rupp, maybe even asham. hopefully they dont run away with the crap they pulled the last game. fight some damn fighters and earn some respect
We will likely play our Lady Byng candidates and sit the muscle.

Old
04-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Vyruz Reaper

I would start BJ and have Crosby come back after this game to get into some action before playoffs...(if he is ready of course)

Old
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
So we play them April 8th eh?

We played em' April 8th of last year too...t'was our final game at the Mellon.

Coincidence?

Old
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

I could care less about retribution. Just get the 2 points and then the **** out of there. Garth Snow has already proven he's a joke at every opportunity (see: Yashin signing. See: Dipeitro signing. See: baring a PHWA writer from team events. See: Bringing up goons to settle a clean hit by Max Talbot., etc.). If Tavares is smart, he'll play up until he can become a UFA and then ship off.

Everyone knows that Snow is an idiot. And the only thing more stupid than an idiot is someone who can be baited by an idiot.

Old
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
GrouperTrooper

The pens should come out do some warmups during the pregame, then go back to the locker room and forfeit the game, claiming the entire team came down with food poisoning.

I know... classless, and there could be consequences from the league. But it would kill 3 birds with one stone, the Pens get some retribution, they avoid any injuries, and HFBoards would implode.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 590
I really hope Godard, Engo, Rupp and Asham all play. I would love to see Engo lay an ass beaten on Haley. Godard can go with Gillies which will problay be a close fight and Rupp can take out Konopka and if Martin tries anything Asham can take a turn. Oh yeah please keep your gloves on Craig Adams if you playing.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:27 PM
PensPlz

Send a message via Skype™ to PensPlz
I won't put it passed the Islanders to do something. EVERYBODY talked about the last game. No one was punished appropriately. It was the highlight of the year for the Islanders. They will be coming out with a boxset soon I bet.

Plain and simple... they are a desperate organization that planed an assault on hockey players for ratings. They want a rivalry with Pittsburgh. When the Pens play the Flyers or the Caps.. people talk about it. People buy tickets. It gets put on National TV. And it really seems like the Islanders, a desperate organization, will be that classless to FORCE a rivalry. I have no doubt that the Islanders will take runs, cheap shot, and try to injure with zero regard, knowing for the next few years, THIS is what people will be talking about... hyping up the game when the two team's play.

Pens need 2 points from this game. They need to be the bigger and more disciplined team, and win this game. The Islanders know this and will use it against the Pens. I expect the manor from the Islanders to be no different than the last game... and it's sad. Really sad.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:38 PM
High Flying Birds

I expect one of Godard, Engelland or Rupp to fight Gillies and make him answer for his actions against Tangradi. Just like the Bruins did with Cooke. Not sure if I expect anything beyond that. Like others said, the NHL will be keeping an extremely close eye on the game.

I wouldn't put it past such a low-brow organization like the Islanders to start something again though.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So we play them April 8th eh?

We played em' April 8th of last year too...t'was our final game at the Mellon.

Coincidence?
I thought the habs were the last team to play against us at mellon. Regular season of course.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:49 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I could care less .
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

did you not the rest of the thread

Last edited by lastcupever75: 04-04-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Fata View Post
I expect one of Godard, Engelland or Rupp to fight Gillies and make him answer for his actions against Tangradi. Just like the Bruins did with Cooke. Not sure if I expect anything beyond that. Like others said, the NHL will be keeping an extremely close eye on the game.

I wouldn't put it past such a low-brow organization like the Islanders to start something again though.
I agree. The problem is, Gillies was only slightly worse than Martin and Haley. Martin's intent was just as bad, and Haley fought 3 times-including one w/ our goalie.

The Pens should be the 'bigger' team, but they need to take care of this for a number of reasons. And I don't think a gritty, hard fought game would lesson their chances to win the game. Not like they've been filling the net like the 80s Oilers anyway.

Old
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
You, sir, are a great American.
As are you, my Caring Compatriot ™, however I feel (like many high school teachers) that my efforts are for naught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I could care less about retribution....

Old
04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensPlz View Post
I won't put it passed the Islanders to do something. EVERYBODY talked about the last game. No one was punished appropriately. It was the highlight of the year for the Islanders. They will be coming out with a boxset soon I bet.

Plain and simple... they are a desperate organization that planed an assault on hockey players for ratings. They want a rivalry with Pittsburgh. When the Pens play the Flyers or the Caps.. people talk about it. People buy tickets. It gets put on National TV. And it really seems like the Islanders, a desperate organization, will be that classless to FORCE a rivalry. I have no doubt that the Islanders will take runs, cheap shot, and try to injure with zero regard, knowing for the next few years, THIS is what people will be talking about... hyping up the game when the two team's play.

Pens need 2 points from this game. They need to be the bigger and more disciplined team, and win this game. The Islanders know this and will use it against the Pens. I expect the manor from the Islanders to be no different than the last game... and it's sad. Really sad.
I think your overreacting just a bit, I highly doubt this will be a huge rivalry for years to come. The games are always heated because we are divisional rivals, but if you think every game will be like the massacre then you are mistaken. The massacre was more of a message to the NHL than anyone else.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Nakawick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
gillies and godard fought in the last game, if ape man is in the line up then godad has to be dressed too. it would be stupid not to play him.

i think haley and martin get called out by either DE, rupp, maybe even asham. hopefully they dont run away with the crap they pulled the last game. fight some damn fighters and earn some respect
I agree with this. I think that Gillies, Haley and Martin are going to have to man up, probably Konopka too. Godard, Rupp, Asham and Engelland are on the card representing the side with honor. I think we see some staged fights early and the card is set during the warm up of who goes with who. After that, i doubt much will happen. I don't get why some are saying nothing will happen. Nothing crazy will likely happen, but some Islander players are going to get the faces worked over. Plus Adams is going to mock Gillies I think. I would be awesome if half the Pens showed up with Mohawks.

Last edited by Nakawick: 04-04-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I think your overreacting just a bit, I highly doubt this will be a huge rivalry for years to come. The games are always heated because we are divisional rivals, but if you think every game will be like the massacre then you are mistaken. The massacre was more of a message to the NHL than anyone else.
But the message was sent VIA through one team.

That team has just as much right to send a message back after what was done which caused a player to miss the rest of his season.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
What message was being sent to the NHL? If it was 'we are a bunch of morons who send players out intending to injure people rather than actually play the game' then job well done Sir, the Isle's succeeded in spades.

I doubt anything happens that game, because frankly the Pens care more about playing hockey that matters in April and beyond, something the Isles do not have a lot of experience with of late. And the Isles' likely have had enough of huge team fines. So it should be a huge non-event.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Islanders fans can rationalize what was done all they want, fact remains they put out goons to go after players that had done them no harm in the past.

I mean, seriously, how do you justify the Tangradi incident? He'd never even played the Islanders before. I'm all for standing up for teammates and even some retribution when it comes to individual players (there are times where Matt Cooke just needs to pay his due fine and get his ass kicked in a fight, as he did against Boston in the next game after the Savard incident)...but to just go into berserker mode against one team because you're pissed off at everyone. **** you Islanders, **** you.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
04-04-2011, 06:51 PM

Meh... let it be a big game for the Isles and their fans because its almost a nothing game for the Pens. I'm hoping there are a lot of call ups and most of the Pens are sat to rest for the important games.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
FDBluth

I could care less about the Islanders. Beat em both with physicality and with skill.

Old
04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Dr Van Nostrand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Islanders fans can rationalize what was done all they want, fact remains they put out goons to go after players that had done them no harm in the past.

I mean, seriously, how do you justify the Tangradi incident? He'd never even played the Islanders before. I'm all for standing up for teammates and even some retribution when it comes to individual players (there are times where Matt Cooke just needs to pay his due fine and get his ass kicked in a fight, as he did against Boston in the next game after the Savard incident)...but to just go into berserker mode against one team because you're pissed off at everyone. **** you Islanders, **** you.
Actually, Tangradi scored his first NHL goal against the Islanders (it was the same game Tanger got thrown out for his shoulder-to-shoulder hit on Blatant Homo), but point taken.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
DeadGator401

No, I could care less. The Isles are a pathetic team. Let them think this is a "statement game" and that "They don't get no respect".

Great good for them, whatever. The Penguins have the playoffs to focus on. The Islanders can sit and reminisce about how awesome a game in the Regular season was, while the Penguins will continue to go on as a perennial cup contender, and be the envy of bottom feeder teams, like the Islanders.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against all odds View Post
I thought the habs were the last team to play against us at mellon. Regular season of course.
Your thinking of the playoffs dude. The final regular season game at the Mellon was the commemorative ticket giveaway game against the Isles where Sid hit 500 career points and would have also had goal #50 if not for Guerin's ass.

Trust me, I have that game on DVD as well as a commemorative ticket which is right in front of me.

Old
04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Meh... let it be a big game for the Isles and their fans because its almost a nothing game for the Pens. I'm hoping there are a lot of call ups and most of the Pens are sat to rest for the important games.
Boulerice and Sill?

Old
04-04-2011, 08:17 PM
TopShelfGoal

In all honesty...I'm more mad about the fact that the ISLANDERS SCORED 9 GOALS AGAINST THE PENS! WTF?

So i'm hoping we score 10.

Closed Thread