HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4 days till the rematch....

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

vCash: 500
Pointless discussion. The Pens are on the eve of the playoffs, the Isles, going nowhere. I suspect the two points will be profoundly more important still on Friday than retribution against some mouth-breathing mongoloid scrubs like Gilles. Seriously, they need to prepare for the post-season, not worry about being duped into stupid by some bush league dickwads.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
NastyNick

I'm expecting the worst officiated game of the year... because the officials will do everything in their power to keep this game close, and thus keep it in control. If the Pens or Isles are allowed to get a sizable lead, it could get ugly.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:47 PM
JackFr

My one GDT.

Old
04-04-2011, 07:55 PM
twisting and turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenalty View Post
I'm expecting the worst officiated game of the year... because the officials will do everything in their power to keep this game close, and thus keep it in control. If the Pens or Isles are allowed to get a sizable lead, it could get ugly.
i think if martin,gillies, haley, konopka as much as breath close to a penguin they will recieve a 10 min misconduct.

basically besides a few "appointment" fights nothing will happen. and its possible the refs even prevent those. bettman, campbell and posse will be there i am sure.

Old
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
EastCoastEdmund

Who cares if the league punishes Engelland (I prefer Lovejoy over him), Asham and Godard?

I hope thoes 3 guys lay a serious beating down on the Islanders. Don't think it will happen though.

Old
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGator401 View Post
No, I could care less. The Isles are a pathetic team. Let them think this is a "statement game" and that "They don't get no respect".

Great good for them, whatever. The Penguins have the playoffs to focus on. The Islanders can sit and reminisce about how awesome a game in the Regular season was, while the Penguins will continue to go on as a perennial cup contender, and be the envy of bottom feeder teams, like the Islanders.
Short term memory huh? It wasn't all that long ago that the Penguins were at the bottom of the standings and were rebuilding like the Isles are now.

Old
04-04-2011, 10:06 PM
DeadGator401

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Isles Fan View Post
Short term memory huh? It wasn't all that long ago that the Penguins were at the bottom of the standings and were rebuilding like the Isles are now.
Those Penguins are nothing like the disgraces the Islanders ice.

Go away, you clicked on the wrong forum. You missed the Islanders forum. It's above this one a bit.

Old
04-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
I fully expect (and hope) Godard, Rupp, Engelland, and Asham to be dressed for this game. I don't think any brawls will break out like last time, but there should be a nice amount of fights and hits. Like a poster above me said, who cares if Godard, Asham, Rupp, or Engelland miss a few games? They don't matter.

But let's be realistic, they are expecting whatever we are expecting, and will probably dress a similar line up. Bet money on a Godard Gillies fight, or 3.

Old
04-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
...and you must suffer from long-term memory loss. Yes the Penguins rebuilt in 4 seasons, where as the Islanders have been rebuilding for over 20 years and still counting...

Penguins in the last 20 years:

5 Top 5 Picks

1. 2002 5th Ryan Whitney
2. 2003 1st Marc-Andre Fleury (Originally #3 Pick - Traded Samuelsson for Fleury)
3. 2004 2nd Evgeni Malkin
X. 2005 1st Sidney Crosby (Originally No Pick - No NHL Season - 30 Team Lottery)
4. 2006 2nd Jordan Staal

Islanders in the last 20 years:

18 Top 10 Picks
12 Top 5 Picks

1989 2nd Dave Chyzowski
1990 6th Scott Scissons
1991 4th Scott Lachance
1992 5th Darius Kasparaitis
1994 9th Brett Lindros
1995 2nd Wade Redden
1996 3rd J.P. Dumont
1997 4th Roberto Luongo
1997 5th Eric Brewer
1998 9th Michael Rupp
1999 5th Tim Connolly
1999 8th Taylor Pyatt
2000 1st Rick DiPietro
2000 5th Raffi Torres
2006 7th Kyle Okposo
2008 9th Joshua Bailey
2009 1st John Tavares
2010 5th Nino Niederreiter

Old
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
spcastlemagic

Why are some of you saying Engel doesn't matter? If one of our defensemen go down in the playoffs, I absolutely want Engel stepping in over Corey Potter or whomever.

Last edited by spcastlemagic: 04-05-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old
04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens75 View Post
...and you must suffer from long-term memory loss. Yes the Penguins rebuilt in 4 seasons, where as the Islanders have been rebuilding for over 20 years and still counting...

5 Top 5 Picks

1. 2002 5th Ryan Whitney
2. 2003 1st Marc-Andre Fleury (Originally #3 Pick - Traded Samuelsson for Fleury)
X. 2005 1st Sidney Crosby (Originally No Pick - No NHL Season - 30 Team Lottery)
4. 2006 2nd Jordan Staal

18 Top 10 Picks
12 Top 5 Picks

1989 2nd Dave Chyzowski
1990 6th Scott Scissons
1991 4th Scott Lachance
1994 9th Brett Lindros
1995 2nd Wade Redden
1996 3rd J.P. Dumont
1997 4th Roberto Luongo
1997 5th Eric Brewer
1998 9th Michael Rupp
1999 5th Tim Connolly
1999 8th Taylor Pyatt
2000 1st Rick DiPietro
2000 5th Raffi Torres
2006 7th Kyle Okposo
2008 9th Joshua Bailey
2009 1st John Tavares
yeah and the Islanders have had 4 owners in 20 years, do you really blame Islanders fans for what all those *******s did??
Yeah and what a bunch of scrubs Kaspar, Dumont, Luongo, Rupp, Brewer, Connolly, DP, Okposo, Bailey, JT and El Nino are. (just because some were traded doesnt make them bad players, it just makes Mike Milbury a dumb ass for trading them). Taking away 89-00 we have only been rebuilding for 3-4 years, which is the same amount of time you guys did.

Why you guys of all people have some air of arrogance when your team wasn't that much different, and just because you got one generational talent twice (Sid and Mario) doesn't mean that you have the right to act like your team is so great.
This thread was made to attract fans from the Islanders.....and you did. If the Islanders did not matter you would not even make a thread like this, even us lonely Isles fans would not matter. But we won the last game by a big margin so you need to try to keep the Isles team down.......really?!?!??! Really? I can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs again. Will be a treat.

Old
04-05-2011, 08:28 AM
NastyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisting and turning View Post
i think if martin,gillies, haley, konopka as much as breath close to a penguin they will recieve a 10 min misconduct.

basically besides a few "appointment" fights nothing will happen. and its possible the refs even prevent those. bettman, campbell and posse will be there i am sure.
Yeah i expect it will be uneventful. The Pens will come out hard and want to win the game. The zebras will do their part to keep the Isles in it and avoid chaos from a blowout. It may not get "Al Arbor night" bad.. but i expect this one will be another black eye to the league's officials.

Old
04-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Fogel
Analytics please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
yeah and the Islanders have had 4 owners in 20 years, do you really blame Islanders fans for what all those *******s did??
Yeah and what a bunch of scrubs Kaspar, Dumont, Luongo, Rupp, Brewer, Connolly, DP, Okposo, Bailey, JT and El Nino are. (just because some were traded doesnt make them bad players, it just makes Mike Milbury a dumb ass for trading them). Taking away 89-00 we have only been rebuilding for 3-4 years, which is the same amount of time you guys did.

Why you guys of all people have some air of arrogance when your team wasn't that much different, and just because you got one generational talent twice (Sid and Mario) doesn't mean that you have the right to act like your team is so great.
This thread was made to attract fans from the Islanders.....and you did. If the Islanders did not matter you would not even make a thread like this, even us lonely Isles fans would not matter. But we won the last game by a big margin so you need to try to keep the Isles team down.......really?!?!??! Really? I can't wait to see you guys in the playoffs again. Will be a treat.
Can you guess who first brought up the past and wasn't referring to the what sort of game this upcoming game will be? An Islanders fan so if you want to blame someone for starting that exchange, look on your on board. Further, this thread had been until now focused solely on how we had thought or wanted the game to be, not our histories so don't make it bigger than it actually is.

Back to the thread. After their actions in the previous game, I wouldn't mind seeing someone challenge Martin and Gillies especially Gillies. Those were not just ugly hockey actions, they were ugly human actions. However, the foremost goal should be 2 points and staying out of any more injuries/jokes of a game.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Sotty

I just hope they get into the playoffs without any further injuries, but you never know with the Islanders. I wouldn't be surprised if they desperately try to injure/attack our players again.
I would be nice if Orpik could take out Gillies with a clean hit. It is just unbelievable that this ape is playing again while Tangradi is still injured after that deliberate assault to end Tangradis hockey career.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:35 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I could care less about retribution. Just get the 2 points and then the **** out of there. Garth Snow has already proven he's a joke at every opportunity (see: Yashin signing. See: Dipeitro signing. See: baring a PHWA writer from team events. See: Bringing up goons to settle a clean hit by Max Talbot., etc.). If Tavares is smart, he'll play up until he can become a UFA and then ship off.

Everyone knows that Snow is an idiot. And the only thing more stupid than an idiot is someone who can be baited by an idiot.
This is the best post Ive read all week. How long have you been following hockey? Post-Crosby drafting perhaps? You do realize Garth Snow was a goaltender on the Islanders during those so called 'Garth Snow is a joke' moments... right?

And if you take a look at the team we fielded all year youd know we didnt bring up goons. Haley was the only call up for the game. The rest was our regular lineup. Haley was the next highest scorer available in Bridgeport. But I dont expect that youd know that either.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:46 AM
SaintRon

It starts at the top and end at the top for the Isles. If the top doesn't change, nothing will change. Unless the top lets the people he hired do their jobs.

Old
04-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Jaded-Fan

Oh we are familiar with that in Pittsburgh. It is why I never believe the Pirates will do anything as long as the Nuttings own the team. Those things really matter.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
This is the best post Ive read all week. How long have you been following hockey? Post-Crosby drafting perhaps? You do realize Garth Snow was a goaltender on the Islanders during those so called 'Garth Snow is a joke' moments... right?

And if you take a look at the team we fielded all year youd know we didnt bring up goons. Haley was the only call up for the game. The rest was our regular lineup. Haley was the next highest scorer available in Bridgeport. But I dont expect that youd know that either.
You make a good point about Garth Snow, except for this: he was also a lousy goalie.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
You make a good point about Garth Snow, except for this: he was also a lousy goalie.
I dont get your response. Im the last person on these boards thatll try and preach about the guys career. He was garbage everywhere he played.

Old
04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Godard View Post
I dont get your response. Im the last person on these boards thatll try and preach about the guys career. He was garbage everywhere he played.
My point is that Garth Snow was still a joke then.

It was a joke. Apparently not a funny one.

Old
04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
KiuasWarrior

Injury free game and hopefully the Pens can get a lot of PP time... practice for the playoffs.

Old
04-05-2011, 12:36 PM
VT Isles Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens75 View Post

5 Top 5 Picks

1. 2002 5th Ryan Whitney
4. 2006 2nd Jordan Staal

18 Top 10 Picks
12 Top 5 Picks

1989 2nd Dave Chyzowski
1990 6th Scott Scissons
1991 4th Scott Lachance
1994 9th Brett Lindros
1995 2nd Wade Redden
1996 3rd J.P. Dumont
1997 4th Roberto Luongo
1997 5th Eric Brewer
1998 9th Michael Rupp
1999 5th Tim Connolly
1999 8th Taylor Pyatt
2000 1st Rick DiPietro
2000 5th Raffi Torres
2006 7th Kyle Okposo
2008 9th Joshua Bailey
2009 1st John Tavares
I've been watching hockey for over 30 years, but no long term memory loss here.
I've suffered through the ridiculous regimes the Isles have had, and totally incompetent GMs.

Yes, the Penguins rebuilt in a short period of time, but sometimes it depends on when your team is bad and the talent pool available. The Penguins were lucky that when they had their down years Malkin, Crosby, Fleury, Staal were available. Not many franchises are lucky to get high end talent like that in short order, or like Chicago has with Kane, Toews, etc.

Old
04-05-2011, 12:41 PM
spcastlemagic

Quote:
Yes, the Penguins rebuilt in a short period of time, but sometimes it depends on when your team is bad and the talent pool available. The Penguins were lucky that when they had their down years Malkin, Crosby, Fleury, Staal were available. Not many franchises are lucky to get high end talent like that in short order, or like Chicago has with Kane, Toews, etc.
But we weren't always that lucky - like the time Craig Patrick traded away Roberto Luongo for Oleg Kvasha.

Old
04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Pens1566

ROFL. Arguing franchises with isles fans ...

Old
04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Closing the thread. We started straight, veered off at the intersection between troll and flame road.

Closed Thread