Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

2011 Masters

Old
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Raging Bull

vCash: 500
2011 Masters

Just days away, signaling spring is indeed coming.

Mickelson is coming into the tournament just off a victory, could he win it back to back?

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
MatthewT

Mickelson is the favorite now, without a doubt. His game was so sharp the past weekend. Unreal. Didn't miss to many drivers (which is key for him at Augusta) and he was dropping some putts. I also expect Tiger to do well. Looking back at his finish last year at Augusta and what he has done since, really shows how good his finish last year was. Expect him to be inside top 5

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Wayne Maki

I need to pick 3 of these 5. Rose, Casey, Kaymer, Mahan and Immelman.

Kaymer's struggles at Augusta scare me as does Casey withdrawing due to injury last week. Immelman hasn't done anything for awhile, but he has been fairly constant at the Masters.

Wayne Maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroshaugFan2 View Post

Kaymer's struggles at Augusta scare me as does Casey withdrawing due to injury last week. Immelman hasn't done anything for awhile, but he has been fairly constant at the Masters.
I hope you picked Rose, that dude has had some great first few rounds at Augusta in the past few years. Don't pick Trevor, if scoring is low he will not even come close. I would pick Rose, Mahan, and one of Casey or Kaymer.... Probably Casey for the reasons you mentioned.

Can't wait until coverage starts!!!!!!

Old
04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Not sure if I would call Immelman "consistent" at the Masters. Yes, he won, yes he had a Top 5. He's been cut twice and has two finishes in the 50's, a 14th and 20th. He's all over the map.

Gotta think Ian Poulter is going to get one eventually.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Mickelson is the favorite now, without a doubt. His game was so sharp the past weekend. Unreal. Didn't miss to many drivers (which is key for him at Augusta) and he was dropping some putts. I also expect Tiger to do well. Looking back at his finish last year at Augusta and what he has done since, really shows how good his finish last year was. Expect him to be inside top 5
I don't think he wins it. Going into last week he was playing pretty poorly and inconsistently. He had a great tournament, but it was an easy course with a sub-par field. Mickelson usually does well when he goes into a tournament as an underdog. This week, he is going in with a ton of hype and this is the first time he has been considered the favourite at The Masters.

ComrieFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroshaugFan2 View Post

I'd take Rose, Kaymer and Mahan. Kaymer might not have a good recored at Augusta but he has really come into his own since last year and I don't think his past means much considering how young he is.

Old
04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
pelts35.com

Just got back late yesterday from Augusta. Despite a huge storm Monday night, the course was pretty much immaculate on Tuesday.

Interesting to note that Phil will be carrying 2 drivers this week.

This should be an interesting week. Coming off of a great week in Houston and his 3rd tournament in a row I'm not sure if Phil can keep up such great play. IMO Tiger is a wildcard. While his swing is "getting there" his short game and putting has been very iffy and AGNC is not the place for that.

For some reason I think a darkhorse is going to win this week. Maybe a youngster like Ishikawa.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/new...the_man_040611

Quote:
Phil Mickelson talks of driving down Magnolia Lane here at Augusta National and feeling reenergized. It both humbles and builds confidence. It both reminds of the past and focuses on the future. “It just reinvigorates my passion for the game,” he said.

It’s probably always been true but easier to say now, when Mickelson is suddenly the reigning king of the place. He’s not just as the defending champion, either. For once, he’s the favorite over longtime nemesis Tiger Woods with both oddsmakers and, as much as it can be measured, the general mood of the place.

This wasn’t always the case. Augusta was Tiger’s town and Phil’s recurring burial ground. Back when Mickelson was still seeking his first major championship, he finished a gut-punching third for three consecutive years, from 2001-’03. The first two times Woods coolly won the event.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic View Post
I don't think he wins it. Going into last week he was playing pretty poorly and inconsistently. He had a great tournament, but it was an easy course with a sub-par field. Mickelson usually does well when he goes into a tournament as an underdog. This week, he is going in with a ton of hype and this is the first time he has been considered the favourite at The Masters.
I don't know if you realize but they set the course up in Houston as close as possible as they can to Augusta with regards to conditions. Same type of greens, and approaches around the greens. Driving is a premium there and Phil said himself that his strategy for Houston was to hit driver on every hole whether it sets up for one or not. He did so and won pretty handily, it was just him and Verplank at then end. He won the week before his 2006 Masters as well so this isn't new territory for him. Im not saying hes going to win, but he is without a doubt the favorite.

Fisher playing solidly with 6 birds thru 14, at -4, Goosen also with a fast start.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Masters could be ruined, guys again doing too good.. -5 already.

Really want the winner to be below -10

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Masters could be ruined, guys again doing too good.. -5 already.

Really want the winner to be below -10
Not happening if the weather remains the same, which I believe it is going to

Old
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I love majors and will watch either way, but it really takes alot out when the winner is -20

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Raging Bull

It's only going to get harder. Was it just last year McIlroy shot a low number at the Open on the first round then shot 80 the next day?

Old
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
I don't know if you realize but they set the course up in Houston as close as possible as they can to Augusta with regards to conditions. Same type of greens, and approaches around the greens. Driving is a premium there and Phil said himself that his strategy for Houston was to hit driver on every hole whether it sets up for one or not. He did so and won pretty handily, it was just him and Verplank at then end. He won the week before his 2006 Masters as well so this isn't new territory for him. Im not saying hes going to win, but he is without a doubt the favorite.

Fisher playing solidly with 6 birds thru 14, at -4, Goosen also with a fast start.
They may try to set up Houston similar to the Masters but when there are a bunch of average players shooting -10 and better, and the winner is -20, it's nothing compared to the Masters. Bayhill is the real tune-up for the Masters, both in terms of the greens and the field.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I love majors and will watch either way, but it really takes alot out when the winner is -20
The winner will be around -10 or lower. It was quite rare to have a winner at -17 last year.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:47 PM
MatthewT

yes sir! sergio drops eagle on 13

drops another on 14

Last edited by MatthewT: 04-07-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old
04-07-2011, 01:52 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic View Post
They may try to set up Houston similar to the Masters but when there are a bunch of average players shooting -10 and better, and the winner is -20, it's nothing compared to the Masters. Bayhill is the real tune-up for the Masters, both in terms of the greens and the field.
Im not talking about score. More and more players have been playing the Shell because of the way they set it up, players say themselves that its a great tune up. Although I guess your right since you play on tour.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Tiger's getting after it at the moment.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Tigers beasting right now

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Raging Bull

Tiger throwing darts, just absolutely stuck it on 16, one of the best tee-shots I've seen on the hole today. He's looked so inconsistent though, had a couple rounds like this the last year where he looks like his old self.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Tiger throwing darts, just absolutely stuck it on 16, one of the best tee-shots I've seen on the hole today.
It's crazy how poorly he was playing at times earlier in the day and then all of a sudden he turns on the switch. This is vintage Tiger at the moment and it's great to see again. I hope he can keep it up for another 2 rounds.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
MatthewT

Tiger could easily be tied with Rory if he made some more putts yesterday, its awesome to see him back making a charge, all be it on a friday, its still nice.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Can't believe he missed that putt. Needs to get another birdie on the board to just forget about that.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:59 PM
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man

Tiger with a great 2nd shot at 18. At worst he will finish -6 & be in 4th place only 4 shots back. Cannot wait for tomorrow!

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote