HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Do you guys keep a journal/notebook on your games?

Old
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
IslesZoso

vCash: 500
Do you guys keep a journal/notebook on your games?

And if so, what type of notes/info do you include? Do you find that keeping one helps your game?

IslesZoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:31 AM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

No notebook, but I'll usually have a friend or fam member film a couple games each season. It's amazing how much I feel like a pro out there, but the video always tells another story. That usually gives me at least three things I can work on, which is about all I can handle at a time.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I just keep my stats and usually go over the games mentally over and over until the next one.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:29 AM
jbennardo

I use a tracker for my iPhone. Usually the wife will record stats for me from the stands. The numbers, plus my memory of the game helps me analyze my performance. It's all in fun though.

Here's the tracker I use

jbennardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Devil Dancer

I did for the first half of my first season, but then got sick of it and gave up.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

We keep track of goals, assists, & points on my team, but that's about all. It helps me realize how bad I am offensively.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 1100
I don't keep any stats, my league does, sort of. They do a decent job of it, they just do goals, assists, and points. Which isn't bad for beer league. Not to long ago when I was still playing travel hockey though the whole league had a pretty good stats page, I know they tracked goals, assists, points, penalty minutes, plus/minus, maybe a couple more things. When I was skating 6 days a week it was fun to see the stats over the year, I kind of wish I could pull them back up and reminisce a bit, but I don't know how on earth I'd find them. Now that I'm just in beer league I'm plenty pleased that someone is keeping track of my scoring.

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:06 AM
hkyplayer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by budster View Post
No notebook, but I'll usually have a friend or fam member film a couple games each season. It's amazing how much I feel like a pro out there, but the video always tells another story. That usually gives me at least three things I can work on, which is about all I can handle at a time.

agreed, video tells a different story. you definitely look a lot slower on camera than you feel on the ice. the first observable difference I noticed from video were my short choppy strides.

Last edited by hkyplayer03: 12-15-2011 at 10:37 AM.
hkyplayer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 01:51 AM
1stoverall

nope im drunk half of the time

1stoverall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Kulluminati

I been playing since I was 7 and never did, in hindsight I wish I did keep a journal at least. Since I joined adult leagues (a year ago) I try to keep track of stats in my head but stop halfway through the season.

Kulluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
yes I do, I keep track of: date, team played, goals, assists, +'s and -'s (seperately), PIM's (specific) and shots.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
KingNothing4

I have an excel spreadsheet with season (ex: Fall '11), positions played, GP, G, A, P, Pts/gm, PIM, W, L, T and Playoff stats of the same, that I started once I joined the adult rec leagues. I like stats and I think it's fun to look back at my numbers through the years. It's not a game by game log though...

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Canadian91

Yeah, my coach has assigned my entire team journals to update after every game. We include how we thought we played, how the team played, what we could have done better.

Personally, I like it. I think that writing about this type of stuff helps my game. I don't know why, though if I get lazy and go a few games without updating it I'll start getting more frustrated with my game.

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:02 PM
OpenIceHit42

I've subbed for a buddies team in a Busch league roller hockey league and one of the teams we played was keeping stats including plus/minus.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:45 PM
centreman84

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
I've subbed for a buddies team in a Busch league roller hockey league and one of the teams we played was keeping stats including plus/minus.
Bwahaha, yeah our captain for Labatt's Pond Hockey does the same thing. Actually is kinda fun though...

centreman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
takumi111

Dear Diary,

Today I laid out a guy who had his head down. Some guys from the other team came after me. I think the player's name was 'Stephanie Da Costco' or something.

-Dion

takumi111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:41 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

I recently decieded to keep a shot chart of the goals ive scored (since I've found my scoring touch in my first year of senior hockey). Keeping track of where I shot from and where it went in. Hoping it helps me with which shots work best for me.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:13 AM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by centreman84 View Post
Bwahaha, yeah our captain for Labatt's Pond Hockey does the same thing. Actually is kinda fun though...
I was cracking up. I just happened to notice it on their bench when there was a minor scrum in front of it. I was like

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Our captain keeps track of the regular points, games played, etc. Kinda fun because this year I'm going to get the franchise record for goals scored

I do keep track of my +/- but it's kinda useless sometimes. At least 2-3 goals this year were center loses the draw and a winger breaks free and scores a breakaway goal. Not much I can do about that as a winger, especially if we're in the offensive zone. Our goalie's pretty new to the game and unfortunately plays pretty deep and is slower to react to shots. Auto goal high glove or low blocker.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
esuhock22

I never took notes on my game or kept my own stats. Although I could possibly see taking down some notes after games helping, especially at a younger age. Writing down things you want to work on could help it stick with you more, but I never even heard about doing that until now.

esuhock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
noobman

I usually keep a mental note of how I felt during the game (tired, fatigued, energetic, amped up, aloof, distracted, etc) and any missed/blown opportunities throughout the game. Usually it's me mishandling the puck, failing to receive a pass, or not being able to retrieve the puck again after separating from it to beat a D-man.

I noticed last week that my team was playing very poorly. The d-men weren't getting breakout passes shipped off in time and our offense just fell flat because by the time someone got the puck he was already standing still and waiting on the blueline.

What I'd really like is to have someone record video of me playing so I could get a feel of what I'm really doing wrong out there.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 723
when I used to be in big money pools I was methodical about it

but over the years and moving countries I have stopped

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:40 AM
hkyplayer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi111 View Post
Dear Diary,

Today I laid out a guy who had his head down. Some guys from the other team came after me. I think the player's name was 'Stephanie Da Costco' or something.

-Dion
lol

hkyplayer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 03:06 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Both leagues I play in keep stats, that's normal out here. I don't keep a journal but I do keep track of my own plus minus when I'm playing. Besides wins my plus minus is the most important stat because I like to feel like I always help the team regardless of whether or not I'm scoring goals.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
SoCalSkate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyplayer03 View Post
agreed, video tells a different story. you definitely look a lot slower on camera than you feel on the ice. the first observable difference I noticed from video were my short choppy strides.

whats the name of the first tune in your vid?

SoCalSkate is offline   Reply With Quote