HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Chicken Wings near HSBC Arena

View Poll Results: Best wings in WNY?
Anchor Bar 5 19.23%
Duffs 7 26.92%
Gabriel's Gate 9 34.62%
Bocce's 0 0%
LaNova 1 3.85%
Elmo's 1 3.85%
Random Local Joint 5 19.23%
Cole's 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-06-2011, 03:52 AM
BeastMode2326

vCash: 500
Gabriel's Gate man.

Although if your going charbroiled BBQ you can't go wrong with La Nova.

BeastMode2326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:53 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
I love Anchor Bar's pizza. I guess it depends on your tastes, though. I'll throw in another vote for their wings, too.
Anchor bar actually gets their pizza delivered to them from my friends restaurant, Chuck's subs on North st. Not many people know that but he has some great food there and has some really great deals there.

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:02 AM
v-man

Please don't fall into the Anchor Bar trap. They are hands down the worst wings I've ever had. I can give you dozens of places in Toronto that are FAR superior to Anchor bar. The only reason to go there is to say you've been to the birth place of the wing.

While I haven't been there myself, I've had several friends recommend Gabriel's Gate.

I haven't been to the Buffalo Duffs either, but I've been to the Toronto locations that use the same recipe (although many say the NY version is still different and superior). While nothing special, they're vastly superior to Anchor Bar .

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:02 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

That's a a joke.

I'd love to see your list of the 'dozens of places' in TO that have better wings than the Anchor bar.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Duffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
I feel that a large number of people know Bar Bill may be the best, but the horrific wait times and rumors of being ignored by the staff unless you're a regular keep people away.
The biggest issue at the Bar Bill is that there is not a lot of space for patrons....I have never had an issue with the staff there ignoring people, then again I always went on a week night after a game at the East Aurora rink. If you want a different flavor wing their Sicilian Wings are fantastic.

Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

random place..

Riley's Tavern in West Seneca.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:43 PM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
That's a a joke.

I'd love to see your list of the 'dozens of places' in TO that have better wings than the Anchor bar.
LOL. Actually, it couldn't be easier. I could probably make a list of 12 sub-par pizza delivery chains and frozen grocery store brands that have better wings, that's how horrible Anchor Bar is. Honestly, if you think they have a good wing 1) You haven't experienced enough wings 2) You are saying so out of regional bias ) You enjoy horrible food.

But to entertain myself, here's just a partial list of Toronto pubs/restaurants that put Anchor Bar to shame MANY times over:

Crown and Dragon
Ein-stein Bier Hall
The Wing Company
Duff's
Turtle Jacks
All Star Wings and Ribs
St. Louis Bar & Grill
Wheat Sheaf
Wingporium

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
LOL. Actually, it couldn't be easier. I could probably make a list of 12 sub-par pizza delivery chains and frozen grocery store brands that have better wings, that's how horrible Anchor Bar is. Honestly, if you think they have a good wing 1) You haven't experienced enough wings 2) You are saying so out of regional bias ) You enjoy horrible food.
I assume that is hyperbole, but you lost all credibility at that point.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:48 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'll sample those places my next trips to TO. I've had some decent wings in Toronto, but never anything that beats Anchor Bar / Duff's / Gabriel's Gate here at home.

I'd specifically disagree with you on the Duffs in TO. I've been to the one on Bayview 3 or 4 times, and it's not as good as any of the Duff's here. Close, but not quite.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
dan716

Considering how much awesome food is in Toronto, if you're a Buffalo guy and you get wings in the GTA, I think you're doing it wrong.

dan716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
VaporTrail
Used Tank Salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
I feel that a large number of people know Bar Bill may be the best, but the horrific wait times and rumors of being ignored by the staff unless you're a regular keep people away.
Ouch...haven't been there in years as i live outside the wny area now...didn't know about that....But i could easily see that happening there with the "regulars"....Place is small so bartenders serve regulars first

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Clock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post

But to entertain myself, here's just a partial list of Toronto pubs/restaurants that put Anchor Bar to shame MANY times over:

Crown and Dragon
Ein-stein Bier Hall
The Wing Company
Duff's
Turtle Jacks
All Star Wings and Ribs
St. Louis Bar & Grill
Wheat Sheaf
Wingporium
How many times have you been to Anchor Bar? I wonder if you just got a bad batch or something.

Anyhow - this thread has inspired me to purchase wings and fingers for dinner tomorrow evening, from said establishment. Mmmmm.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote