HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Flyers: Lines, Contract & Trade projections

Old
04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
2011-2012 Flyers: Lines, Contract & Trade projections

What are some of your thoughts for the look of this team next season? Will we be be able to resign Leino? who else (RFAs/UFAs) will return? Who is subject to trade?

as of right now

FORWARDS
Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Jody Shelley ($1.100m)

RFAS
Daniel Carcillo
Andreas Nodl
Darroll Powe

UFAS
Ville Leino
Nikolay Zherdev

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Matt Carle ($3.437m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

RFAS
None

UFAS
Sean O'Donnell
Nick Boynton

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

RFAS
None

UFAS
Brian Boucher

LTIR:
Ian Laperriere ($1.166m)

SALARY CAP: $59,400,000
CAP PAYROLL: $57,419,155
BONUSES: $1,700,000
CAP SPACE: $1,980,845
LTIR REPLACEMENT: $3,147,512

Last edited by orange is better: 04-05-2011 at 11:25 AM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:23 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

So we have around 1.9 in cap space for around 4-5 players (dont know if Lappy will retire, etc). If he doesnt, it means we then have two spots in our top 9 open. Leino wants a raise, and unless we trade someone, I dont know if we will be able to keep him. Homer is either going to sign 1 or two older vet players to cheap contracts, or hopes a prospect comes in and wins a spot. Its a tricky situation, and we wont be able to keep the same team as this season.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
So we have around 1.9 in cap space for around 4-5 players (dont know if Lappy will retire, etc). If he doesnt, it means we then have two spots in our top 9 open. Leino wants a raise, and unless we trade someone, I dont know if we will be able to keep him. Homer is either going to sign 1 or two older vet players to cheap contracts, or hopes a prospect comes in and wins a spot. Its a tricky situation, and we wont be able to keep the same team as this season.
I think Lappy will most likely stay on LTIR for the remainder of his contract, seeing as there is only a year left (not sure if there is any rules against this though, so someone with better knowledge, please explain).

I would also not be surprised to see Shelley waived in order to make room for Leino.
Also, could anyone see Matt Carle traded? I hope he's not, as he is still fairly young, and could be integral to our blueline as Timonen and Pronger get longer in the tooth.

Old
04-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Please trade Vesteeg.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:37 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Please trade Vesteeg.
This is a possibility too, but im not sure we'd be able to move him at this point unless we were taking salary back. We'll see how he does in the playoffs.

Old
04-05-2011, 11:43 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Please trade Vesteeg.
Agreed, he seems like he took the most negative aspects of both Carter and Zherdevs game and mastered them (in other words he is just as terrible in those aspects) and then took the positive parts in their game and pulls them off to a much lesser extent. I can't see us paying him 3 mil next year to play like this. Trade him for a 3rd, cut your loses and sign Leino to a 3 year 9mil contract.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Cartsiephan*

Homer needs to send out an email to each of the players on the roster with a link to this thread. Whomever does not perform up to standard hets voted off the island.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I would have to think that Holmgren is going to have to break up the defensive core and trade one of them, with Carle then Coburn being at the top of the list. I think we have a couple of guys now who can step in on the 3rd line pairing.
Zherdev can go back to the KHL for all I care. I cant seem him getting 2 million or more from anyone. I think guys like Powe and Nodl are expendable and replacable.
Then there is Versteeg who has been a dissapointment. Especially lately. The guy has been playing dumb hockey on both sides of the puck. He has 20 goals, other then that meh. Unless he blows up in the playoffs I think he could be gone.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Damn, if Leighton gets claimed someone is getting traded (which, I'm guessing, is going to happen anyway because of the cap space). Better win that damn Cup this season...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
PhillyCurt12

Been saying it every chance I get... Would love to see Thoresen given another chance if any of Daniel Carcillo, Andreas Nodl, or Darroll Powe aren't resigned.

If contract negotiations aren't going as well as some suspect with Ville Leino, I'd take a look at moving his rights for a pick if possible.

Zherdev likely won't be back.

If Versteeg is flipped for picks/prospects, would it be possible to bring back Gagne on a cheaper contract?

Some other UFA's to consider if there's a roster spot: Knuble, Cole, J. Jokinen.

I'd like to see some Phantoms come up rather than sign more vet d-men (a la gus).

Pipedream: Trade Carle for a pick, sign Wisniewski or Ehrhoff.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
mirimon

It's a bit early, but it's always fun to speculate. I think Leino is gone after this season. I wouldn't sacrifice anyone of our high earning dmen just be able to resign him at least. Versteeg might be dealt I suppose if his playoffs turns out to be a disappointment, I still have hopes for him though.

A UFA forward I'd like us to look at is Patrick Eaves. He's been good for the Red Wings on their 3rd/4th line and has done some really solid PK work. He also has a decent offensive upside even if he's not turned out to be the player his rookie season promised.

If we look outside the organization for a replacement for O'Donnell maybe Mark Stuart is an option? He hasn't had the greatest season this year so his salary demands may not be the highest so we can have a chance on him. Even though he has struggled this year as a physical bottom pairing dman you can do a lot worse.

I always suck at guesstimating what the NHL GM's will fork out on the UFA's though. They always outbid me somehow...

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote