HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins
Ryan Callahan 6 2.96%
Brandon Dubinsky 12 5.91%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 1.97%
Vaclav Prospal 159 78.33%
Michael Sauer 5 2.46%
Marc Staal 1 0.49%
Derek Stepan 7 3.45%
Wojtek Wolski 8 3.94%
Other 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Fleury4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
If you complain enough... good things will happen!!!!!!

What a miracle!!!!!!!!!!
YES! QFT!

This is what makes New York New York. We may endlessly complain and *****, but we don't quit!

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

If you want the fans to be consistent, then the team has to be consistent. The most zig-zaggy team in the NHL is going to produce the most zig-zaggy attitude amongst fans. We're not fickled because we feel like it. The Rangers do this to us themselves.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Just saw the replay of Dubi's goal. What a hell was Kaberle doing? Looked like he was expecting a dump in. Bonehead play.
When the other team dumps the puck in 100 straight times, including on the power play, you just start to expect it I guess.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
terrrrrible

Between this game, and the UCONN / Butler game, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

POTG - Prospal
Good - the ability to climb out of that hole
Bad - not being able to score early

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Synergy27

Quote:
Just saw the replay of Dubi's goal. What a hell was Kaberle doing? Looked like he was expecting a dump in. Bonehead play.
True, but that spin-o-rama pass from Callahan is not something you see him do on a daily basis. That puck gets put in the corner 98% of the time. Hell of a goal.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Nights like tonight are why I consider this to be one of the most enjoyable Ranger season in a long time. I haven't understood the, "season's over" mentality prevalent on gameday threads. Again, my expectations were not high going into this season. But, on the whole, it has been very rewarding as a fan. Again, this is pretty much what a poster logging to a site called "Hockeysfuture" should be hoping for...to see the players your organization has drafted and developed become important parts of your team....game-tying goal - 2004 2nd round pick; game-winner - 2005 2nd round pick; empty-netter - 2008 2nd round pick...every one of those players being important in the success of this team. I'm sorry, but, this is not prior incarnations of the Rangers, nor is the Mets or some other favorite sports team. This team works its collective ***** off, so much that when they don't, it's an anomaly. Yeah, the PP he sucked, and many players look tired. But, as they proved tonight, there's still plenty of heart in this group.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

When Boston scored to make it 3-0, it really did look like we were done.

The Rangers had no energy, no fight, nothing going for them for the first half of the game. It looked like an abortion on skates, honestly. They had 8 shots on goal at one point halfway through the game, in one of the biggest -- if not the biggest -- game of the season to date.... ON HOME ICE!!!

How can anyone blame fans for getting down on themselves and the team for that? Prospal's goal turned things around, and even then, things were tenuous.

The fans attitude shifted in kind when the team picked up their play. Are you gonna tell the entire MSG crowd to stop being fairweather when they were booing the whole first half and started cheering them on with encouragement once they showed signs of life?

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
England? I wouldnt know lol.
We say both.
Doh! Australia? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Hey OT guys but I figure I can get a quick answer here. Question posed on Leaf board, anyone hear any storey as to why McCabe took #28? I know 24 is taken (little surprized Callaghn (I think?) didn't give it to him, kids usually do for vets but w/e) but any snippets as to why he chose #28?
Callahan > McCabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If this place is so awful, find somewhere else to post. The only thing more annoying than the nonstop doom-and-gloom "Season's over!" crowd is those that whine endlessly about said crowd.

The people that complain regularly about the team, by and large, post here a ton. They're diehard fans like everyone else. People express themselves differently, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Again, if it's unbearable here, then leave.
Thank You NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpb209 View Post
I have little to no problem with the negative people that post a lot. They usually add actual analysis to their posts. My problem is with the fly by night negative posters that just pop in to say random crap. I really don't want to post names, but there are about 5 or 6 people that only post snippets like, "This team is going nowhere." If a poster actually adds something to the conversation occasionally, it isn't a big deal. The others are just wasting everyone's time.

Just to add, I may not agree with offdacrossbar a lot, and he is fairly negative at times, but he adds to almost any conversation on this board in a constructive manner. This is a great thing.
Agreed 100%. In addition, although they are often negative, they also seem to give credit when credit is due. I really have on problem with most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
You're right. If it's really that unbearable, I will leave.

With that being said, just because people "post" here, doesn't mean they're "loyal." You cannot argue that there is such negativity on this board...you just can't. Just 'read' this GDT, it's laughable.

If you want to point out when things aren't going well...fine. No problem. But 9/10 everything is negative...occasionally you'll see a "Rangers are picking up their game." But that's by and far, rare.

You cannot argue that when you start spewing, "OMG! We suck. Fire everyone." that you're being a fair-weather fan. There is a difference with being frustrated and saying, "I'm so frustrated, this sucks." and every.single.post is negative.

But if you think "I'm worse" because I'm calling out people. So be it.
Please stop. You've been told multiple times. There is also an ignore button for anyone you don't want to hearcomplain. I have used it in the past, it is useful. Most people who get upset when we are down 3-0 are just longtime fans who have dealt with that kind of crap for years.

I'll admit, i never said season's over, but i certainly thought the game was over at that point. Doesn't mean I'm not as loyal a fan as others. In fact, I would argue if most fans have watched the Rangers for as long as I have, they would likely feel the same way. Once again, hard to be an optimist if you've cheered for this team for a long time.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
When the other team dumps the puck in 100 straight times, including on the power play, you just start to expect it I guess.
IT'S A BRILLIANT SCHEME!

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
When it's 3-0 and you're getting totally humiliated on home ice in a huge game, and then all of a sudden the last half of the game comes out of left field and you find yourself up 5-3, shouldn't you expect the fan's attitude to change just as the game did? The fans did nothing wrong here, they simply changed with the game. Every fan does it.
That's fine. I understand what you're saying. But here comes Prospal scoring 2 goals in the second to be within 1, and everyone is STILL doom-and-gloom.

"Well, that's the final. 3-2 Bruins."
"Great, now they're going to try with 5 minutes left to no avail."
"No way are we winning this game."

Like I said, there is a difference between being cynical and 'reactive' and just being a fair-weather fan. I have no problems with reacting the way fans did when we were down 2-0. We weren't playing well. But to fight back and be within 1, and still no hope when this team has come back from more deficits than any other team? No...that's not being a fan.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:04 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I have been a Ranger fan for 52 years and I have never been as excited as I am about this team. I love these guys!

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
That's fine. I understand what you're saying. But here comes Prospal scoring 2 goals in the second to be within 1, and everyone is STILL doom-and-gloom.

"Well, that's the final. 3-2 Bruins."
"Great, now they're going to try with 5 minutes left to no avail."
"No way are we winning this game."

Like I said, there is a difference between being cynical and 'reactive' and just being a fair-weather fan. I have no problems with reacting the way fans did when we were down 2-0. We weren't playing well. But to fight back and be within 1, and still no hope when this team has come back from more deficits than any other team? No...that's not being a fan.
Well the Rangers have done that more times than I can count on two hands this year. It's their fault, not the fan's fault.

Old
04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Postgame audio from Dubinsky, Lundqvist, Prospal, and Sauer are in the Youtube section of the front page, courtesy of the great journalism by Seth Rothman of Inside Hockey.

Last edited by Wraparounds: 04-04-2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Grammar failure?
Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
D

Please stop. You've been told multiple times. There is also an ignore button for anyone you don't want to hearcomplain. I have used it in the past, it is useful.
Fine. I'm done. No more outta me.

I'm very proud of what this team has accomplished thus far. Like all of you, I'm extremely jovial and thrilled.

Let's just get into the playoffs.
No matter what happens there, win-or-lose...just play your ***** of! So proud of this black and blueshirts!

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Their dmen make a ton of boneheaded plays, ala Kaberle on the Dubinsky goal.

The team completely cracks under pressure. That goal by Sauer was horrid, never shot have gotten past Thomas. Chara has been awful the past few games, and never steps it up in the playoffs.

No gamebreaker, either.
I think you're just making stuff up here. Boston's one of the best teams in the league, for a reason.

Which team's dmen in the league aren't prone to making bone-headed plays? Excluding Kaberle's hiccup tonight, they've been a very steady group most of the season.

Lundqvist has given up a number of soft, terrible goals this year.

Chara's usually himself in the playoffs. Not sure how long you've been watching him play . . . . . . . .

The Rangers won tonight because they wanted it more than the Bruins. That doesn't make Boston overrated. They're one of the most balanced teams in the league. They can bang and crash with anyone. Speed and skill up front. World class netminder. Don't be foolish. Don't underestimate what a tough team they are.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I may have to call a doctor because i have a condition thats going to last alot longer than 4 hours...omg

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I think you're just making stuff up here. Boston's one of the best teams in the league, for a reason.

Which team's dmen in the league aren't prone to making bone-headed plays? Excluding Kaberle's hiccup tonight, they've been a very steady group most of the season.

Lundqvist has given up a number of soft, terrible goals this year.

Chara's usually himself in the playoffs. Not sure how long you've been watching him play . . . . . . . .

The Rangers won tonight because they wanted it more than the Bruins. That doesn't make Boston overrated. They're one of the most balanced teams in the league. They can bang and crash with anyone. Speed and skill up front. World class netminder. Don't be foolish. Don't underestimate what a tough team they are.
It's just what I've seen from this season.

I would be surprised if they made any real noise in the playoffs. They just can't step it up.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Anyway, what a great game eh?

Would've been here but the internet was giving me trouble until just a few minutes ago.

My night pretty much went like this...

*3-0 Bruins*

"Alright that's enough of this mess"

*turns Yankees on, watches awhile*

*checks Rangers every five minutes*

First ten times..."Still 3-0...why do I even bother with these ****s? I'm pathetic."

11th time..."My God we scored!!!"

*puts remote down*

Old
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

F’n A loved that game…. The big wins happen only when it’s against great odds…. That’s why we’ll remember this one.

The Redden has to be the thought of LoFFen missing the game because his internet is down…. He’s a big part of our Ranger board.

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
It's just what I've seen from this season.

I would be surprised if they made any real noise in the playoffs. They just can't step it up.
That's fine. Really. Tampa is a team that doesn't impress me for various reason's. I think they'll flop in the playoffs too.

I just don't understand who you feel is overrating Boston. Most of the hockey-fanatics aren't picking them to do anything.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Alright back from the Garden so I can actually type. My god the Garden went ****ING CRAZY when we tied it, and then took over. That's the loudest i've ever heard the Garden get at a game i've been too.

It was a classic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde performance. The first period the Rangers looked like a non-PO team. 10 minutes into the second, though, they came out hard. I don't know how sad I would've been if they didn't- we were getting MANHANDLED.

Thomas looked very beatable tonight. I'd call him lucky but that's not quite the word because he's obviously good, but his go down and flail around everywhere scheme didn't work tonight- it's what made the Sauer goal go in.

I also found the only section I don't like to sit in but that may be because I was super doom and gloom after seeing the team play like they were the Islanders, or early season Devs.

Either way, this is definitely a candidate for game of the year.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
F’n A loved that game…. The big wins happen only when it’s against great odds…. That’s why we’ll remember this one.

The Redden has to be the thought of LoFFen missing the game because his internet is down…. He’s a big part of our Ranger board.
I agree with this Redden.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
OverTheCap

Just got back from the game. What started out as what could have been a devastating loss turned into the best game of the season. This team's got guts and they can never be counted out when down.

Some observations:
-McD was pretty awful and was playing scared. If our 7th defenseman wasn't Gilroy I'd probably sit him for a game or two.
-Staal played a bad game defensively. He couldn't stay on his skates and was falling down constantly.
-Wolski played his best game in awhile, hopefully he keeps it up.
-Lundqvist played as well as one can when his team is making gaffes left and right. We should have been down more than 2-0 after being outshot 19-5 in the first.
-Great to see Dubi come through in the clutch. I'm eager to see what he can do in the playoffs.
-Sauer was probably our best defenseman, the GWG was well-deserved. Girardi was a warrior as well.
-I give Prospal props for scoring two goals, but he also made a few bad turnovers that could have proved costly.
-The day that EC is no longer in a Rangers uniform will be a fine day indeed. Ruining the PP once again and getting outmuscled whenever he had the puck.
-It's a freakin' travesty that Tim Thomas will probably win the Vezina. He's a major part of why we won tonight. Positionally, he is brutal... why was he so far out of the crease for the first goal? And Julien is a horrible coach, sitting back on a lead and choking away games. Wouldn't mind facing the Bruins in the playoffs.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I wonder how many of these guys will one day have their jerseys up in the Rafters

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 10:17 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
Yep, Lof is the man. We need him back ASAP.

If we make the playoffs and he is not back, we can start a "Help Restore Loffen's Internet" fund and we can all pitch in.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote