HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #80 vs. Boston Bruins
Ryan Callahan 6 2.96%
Brandon Dubinsky 12 5.91%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 4 1.97%
Vaclav Prospal 159 78.33%
Michael Sauer 5 2.46%
Marc Staal 1 0.49%
Derek Stepan 7 3.45%
Wojtek Wolski 8 3.94%
Other 1 0.49%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
For some reason I had a feeling this night was going to be special. I DVRd this game even though I watched it live. Will never forget it.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I just paused the youtube video that whoot whoot posted at 7:38, i counted 20 ranger skaters on the ice even though I could not verify Callahan in that picture, so he stuck around to the end and was in the center ice salute. Doubt he would be with a broken ankle...
Callahan's at the bottom right of the neutral zone during the salute.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
When I broke my ankle I walked about 2 miles on it only finding out the next morning it was broken.
Yeah same kinda thing happened to me. I thought I just twisted my ankle once, so I never went to a doctor. Found out 5 years later I broke it (minor fracture obviously, but still), and it's really ****ed up now. Sometimes you don't know. It doesn't necessarily have to snap in two, it can be small, and still cause a big problem. Hope Cally is ok.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I keep refreshing, hoping to hear something definitive on Callahan.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah same kinda thing happened to me. I thought I just twisted my ankle once, so I never went to a doctor. Found out 5 years later I broke it (minor fracture obviously, but still), and it's really ****ed up now. Sometimes you don't know. It doesn't necessarily have to snap in two, it can be small, and still cause a big problem. Hope Cally is ok.
Ouch. So it just hurt for 5 years? Or it healed but not properly?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Don't confuse immaturity with fanaticism.
Immaturity?

...Though I guess at some points me at games may look like that to the uninformed eye.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:28 PM
CH2

Quote:
On a broken ankle, really? I broke a couple bones in my right foot and couldn't even stand up. I have heard of players playing with a broken foot with a boot on, but never with a broken ankle.
Yeah, depending on where the bone break is in the ankle it's actually not that painful to walk on. The tibia supports 85% of the weight and the fibula 15% so if you break your fibula at the ankle, it's conceivable that you won't really be affected until it starts swelling.

Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Don't confuse immaturity with fanaticism.
Well it's different. I'm not talking about people who boo just to be boneheads. I mean people who genuinely get upset.

Old
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I keep refreshing, hoping to hear something definitive on Callahan.
I doubt we will hear anything until at least tomorrow. Watching that video of the end he looked okay but who knows. Maybe it was just a bad stinger for him or something. Like Jesse said, if he was seriously hurt i feel like we would know about it from Torts' demeanor at the press conf.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
BEAUTIFUL

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Ouch. So it just hurt for 5 years? Or it healed but not properly?
Yeah I still stayed off it for awhile cause I was on vacation anyway, so it healed but it didn't heal right. I still have pain and stiffness when I walk long distances.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

By the way, Versus/NBC do a better job with the crowd mic levels at MSG better than any network in the league, including MSG Network. I assume that most of the other networks use the MSG Network mix because most away broadcasts are just as bad.

Versus has it right though. The crowd levels can be up without picking up specific vulgarities you might get in NYC.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:30 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
I doubt we will hear anything until at least tomorrow. Watching that video of the end he looked okay but who knows. Maybe it was just a bad stinger for him or something. Like Jesse said, if he was seriously hurt i feel like we would know about it from Torts' demeanor at the press conf.
Not much of a fan of Jesse. Way too erratic for a professional media guy. From listening to the presser Torts in no way sounded up beat, so hard to tell.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:31 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well it's different. I'm not talking about people who boo just to be boneheads. I mean people who genuinely get upset.
I was beyond upset after we were down 3-0. My wife asked if I wanted her to leave the room and I said yes. lol But I would never have thought to boo my team. You think those guys who are leaving it all on the ice don't care? That's bunk.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Yeah, depending on where the bone break is in the ankle it's actually not that painful to walk on. The tibia supports 85% of the weight and the fibula 15% so if you break your fibula at the ankle, it's conceivable that you won't really be affected until it starts swelling.
I am hoping he just got a stinger and was not in the dressing room because he was getting X-rays and some treatment. The twitter report I saw said 6-8 weeks which would be a bad break, not a stress fracture like Dubi had, but more like a snapped bone. We will see, hoping this is wrong though and he will be fine.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Just for the record, there is a difference between people who make posts because they are frustrated with the way the team is playing, and people who at times make you question if they are rooting for the Rangers or not. I think we all know who those people are. I can understand making a post out of frustration like "**** this team!" because we've all done it before.
Totally agree.

Watching Dubi and Cally the last two games was like getting root canal....up till that amazing goal scoring sequence. They were at their best when it really counted

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM
owedoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
By the way, Versus/NBC do a better job with the crowd mic levels at MSG better than any network in the league, including MSG Network. I assume that most of the other networks use the MSG Network mix because most away broadcasts are just as bad.

Versus has it right though. The crowd levels can be up without picking up specific vulgarities you might get in NYC.
MSG Network used to be this way in the early nineties. Sportschannel used to have the crowd level muted and the mics up. Since MSG absorbed Sportschannel, unfortunately they also absorbed they're awful sound mixing...

owedoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
I was beyond upset after we were down 3-0. My wife asked if I wanted her to leave the room and I said yes. lol But I would never have thought to boo my team. You think those guys who are leaving it all on the ice don't care? That's bunk.
I didn't mean they don't care, but Vinny makes it sound like the fans can't be emotional about the team either. THAT'S bunk. If i'm investing the time and money to watch an 82+ game season, I'll react. Just saying it again, I did not and do not boo except for cases of EXTREME failure on the ice. The crowd reaction was nasty to a nasty Rangers performance- both were bad and should be forgotten.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:36 PM
CH2

Quote:
I am hoping he just got a stinger and was not in the dressing room because he was getting X-rays and some treatment. The twitter report I saw said 6-8 weeks which would be a bad break, not a stress fracture like Dubi had, but more like a snapped bone. We will see, hoping this is wrong though and he will be fine.
I think the prediction of 6-8 weeks so quickly makes me really doubt the validity. If the ankle is broken, the prognosis wouldn't be available so quickly.

Old
04-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post

Added to the front page. Video of Torts and players postgame is under the Video section by MSG.com.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Awesome game. The heart of this team is incredible. Food for thought: If Wolski gets going, this team will be much more dangerous. Wolski had a really good playoffs last season.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2011, 11:39 PM
broadwayblue

would have liked to have seen a little more from Gaborik. how much ice time did he end up with? really going to need more from him if we're going to have a shot at a first round upset...assuming we make it.

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
I think the prediction of 6-8 weeks so quickly makes me really doubt the validity. If the ankle is broken, the prognosis wouldn't be available so quickly.
Thats basically what I mean, a 6-8 week prediction would mean essentially a snapped bone that he probably would not have been able to skate on. As you said you can break your ankle and still move on it, I wouldn't know, but 6-8 weeks sounds like a bad break that you aren't getting up from let alone skating back on the ice for a center ice salute.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
would have liked to have seen a little more from Gaborik. how much ice time did he end up with?
17:49 with 5 shots.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote