HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Swizzle Shaft

Old
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
TimberwolvesHockey11

vCash: 500
Warrior Swizzle Shaft

I have the possibility to get the Warrior Swizzle Shaft really cheap (-50%) but i'm not sure about it. It's quite heavy (320) gramms and i think it's one of there low end shafts.

Do anybody use/used it? should i keep my hand off it or is it good? Does it come with the wooden plug at the end like the AK27?

Right now i have a AK27 2010 Shaft. Can anybody tell me if the performance is comparable?

Thanks in advance!

TimberwolvesHockey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
AIREAYE

Swizzles don't normally come with wooden end plugs, they will have more fibreglass in their material than the AK so that would make them a bit heavier but more durable in general as well. Performance would obviously be lower than the AK but finding a good blade to pair it with would be something more concerning imo.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Pog Form

I have a Warrior Johnson which was the precursor to the Swizzle (the Swizzle was just a new paint job on the Johnson I believe). I had (well, still have, technically) the one piece so I can't speak about the shaft on its own, but as the above poster said, it's very durable. I played a full season with it (3x a week in beer league and pick-up) and the thing took a beating.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 05:01 PM
TimberwolvesHockey11

I would pair it with AK27 blade because i bought some of them when they where at sale.

If the Johnson is the precursor of the Swizzle, why is the Swizzle heavier (305 vs 320)?

I'm also afraid that the 80 flex feels to whippy, but i normaly use a 85 flex. so would i recognize the 5 flex?

TimberwolvesHockey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
AIREAYE

The weight difference is negligible, 15g is nothing. Also each shaft might have a different weight (ie a 100flex shaft may be heavier than an 85) so you shouldn't be worried about that at all.

As for the flex, again it varies, not by much but I don't think it will be a game-changing difference.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote