HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Washington @ Toronto. 7pm. 4/5/2011

Old
04-06-2011, 10:09 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
That was Theo's MO as well. Start shakey and then settle in.

Look what happened to him in the playoffs rolling that same MO.
actually, that was not theo's MO. nor was that his rep. go back and find boudreau's comments on theo. he fell into the "either he has it or he doesnt" catagory.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:17 AM
tycoonheart

I'm definitely a little concerned with Neuvirth. Not that I can totally blame him for both the goals last night, but there have been moments where he's looked a little lost.

But I'm okay with Neuvy being the playoffs goalie. However, I can totally see Bruce pulling another Theo... replacing Neuvy with Varly if he looks shaky.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
actually, that was not theo's MO. nor was that his rep. go back and find boudreau's comments on theo. he fell into the "either he has it or he doesnt" catagory.
You sure Theo's play was that cut and dried, regardless of what Bruce said? He misleads or flat out lies to the media sometimes. Did he ever tell the media he didnt have confidence in Theo to start either of the last two playoff years? I didnt have confidence either and sure enough he got yanked.

The game logs of Theo getting yanked in the regular season on those nights Bruce knew he wouldnt have it supporting your claim that he has it or not, should be easy for you to dig up.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
I'm definitely a little concerned with Neuvirth. Not that I can totally blame him for both the goals last night, but there have been moments where he's looked a little lost.

But I'm okay with Neuvy being the playoffs goalie. However, I can totally see Bruce pulling another Theo... replacing Neuvy with Varly if he looks shaky.
Neuvy has had his shaky moments and has let in softies from time to time. The Detroit game he got a free pass cause he was rusty...but that hasn't been the case numerous times this year. He does seem to settle down more as the game goes on, last night was another example of that. But I don't know if BB will give him that luxury in the playoffs. Not after two playoffs of Theo putting the team in an early hole allowing weak goals.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
ForzaItalia

Just wanted to mention it cost me $14 for a large beer at the ACC and $5.25 for a "Pizza Pizza" splice. My buddy and I tried to get into the "Real Sports" bar owned by the team but it was crazy packed. Heard they had a giant two-storey flat screen among other sights but it's quite a pricey place too.

It's amazing how mediocre the Leafs have been for ages but they have a spell on their fans allowing them to make crazy $$$$$ while icing even the crappiest of teams in any season.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:20 PM
wingscapsfan

yup I've been saying the exact same thing for years. When you have a team that makes as much money as the leafs do having Grabovski as a number 1 center is flat out embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Just wanted to mention it cost me $14 for a large beer at the ACC and $5.25 for a "Pizza Pizza" splice. My buddy and I tried to get into the "Real Sports" bar owned by the team but it was crazy packed. Heard they had a giant two-storey flat screen among other sights but it's quite a pricey place too.

It's amazing how mediocre the Leafs have been for ages but they have a spell on their fans allowing them to make crazy $$$$$ while icing even the crappiest of teams in any season.

wingscapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:21 PM
txpd

its canada. the leafs are to canada what the cubs are to the usa. besides. last i heard toronto was the most expensive city in north america

Old
04-08-2011, 05:31 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
its canada. the leafs are to canada what the cubs are to the usa. besides. last i heard toronto was the most expensive city in north america
that would probably be new york

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
txpd

no...just googled the latest rankings. world wide nyc is #6 and toronto #8. so, they are about equal nowdays.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
ForzaItalia

Average price of a home here in Toronto is around $400,000+.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:30 PM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
no...just googled the latest rankings. world wide nyc is #6 and toronto #8. so, they are about equal nowdays.
odd way to tell me i was right

Old
04-09-2011, 01:24 AM
um

Quote:
arent the yankees the biggest team in USA?

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:32 AM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
arent the yankees the biggest team in USA?
yes (but the yankees win championships)