HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yzerman Will Ask All Lightning Players To Wear Visors Next Year

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2011, 06:14 AM
  #1
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
Yzerman Will Ask All Lightning Players To Wear Visors Next Year

Quote:
In Tampa, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman is attempting to be proactive on the situation before a catastrophic event forces his hand.

In the wake of watching his captain narrowly escape serious injury, he will ask every player on his team to consider using a visor for the start of next season.

“We don’t want people getting injured. We want to keep their eyesight and noses in place, so it’s something we would like to push moving forward.”
Quote:
Lecavalier (...) said he took off the visor he wore in juniors because, as a rookie in 1998, "nobody really played with a visor."

"If I never took it off, I'd be fine with it," he said. "But once you take it off and you see perfect, when you put it back on, you feel a little restricted. It fogs up. The right thing to do would be to come from junior and never take it off."
Quote:
(Malone:) "When I've worn a visor in the past, at the Olympics and so forth, it's more of a pain. I feel like I'm wasting more energy cleaning it."

Asked if he should wear a visor, Malone said, "I probably should. But we all are in this from the beginning knowing, knock on wood, there's crazy things that might happen with blades, sticks and pucks. It comes with the territory."
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...visors/1161943
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...sors-next-year
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...wearing-visors
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...aring_a_visor/

LightningStrikes is online now  
Old
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
  #2
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
If they all wear visors does that mean we wont fight at all? Starting a fight with a visor is an auto extra two minutes.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 01:19 PM
  #3
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,998
vCash: 500
Nothing you can do about some of the vets like Marty and Bugsy. Even after getting kicked in the face by a ref Marty still won't wear one.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 01:33 PM
  #4
LightningStrikes
Moderator
Klutcherov
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,172
vCash: 500
By the way, is there any other team in the NHL with more players playing without visors than us?

Brewer
Downie
Hall
R. Jones
Kubina
Lecavalier
Malone
Smaby
St. Louis
Thompson

That's 10/21.

LightningStrikes is online now  
Old
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
  #5
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
They're grown men, don't go telling them about wearing visors. they know the risks, and if a guy feels more comfortable playing without one, so be it.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
  #6
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
If they all wear visors does that mean we wont fight at all? Starting a fight with a visor is an auto extra two minutes.
It just means that we have to incite them into violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
They're grown men, don't go telling them about wearing visors. they know the risks, and if a guy feels more comfortable playing without one, so be it.
Another topic on which we appear to differ. I don't feel SFY is asking for visors only because he's reacting to an event. The players are only useful to the 'team' insomuch as how they perform. Exposing them to unnecessary injury not only hurts them, but the team as well, so it's in everyone's best interest that players at least be encouraged to visor up.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 04-06-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Felonious Python is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 04:05 PM
  #7
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Another topic on which we appear to differ. I don't feel SFY is asking for visors only because he's reacting to an event. The players are only useful to the 'team' insomuch as how they perform. Exposing them to unnecessary injury not only hurts them, but the team as well, so it's in everyone's best interest that players at least be encouraged to visor up.
I don't think Yzerman would have come out and said this if it weren't for Vinny's injury. He might have eventually come around and encouraged players to wear them as you suggested, but this is a pretty dangerous game and every single players know the risks. Nobody needs someone to tell them to wear a visor, so while I know Yzerman just wants to protect his players, these guys don't need that reminder. I certainly don't want anyone to feel pressured into doing so because their Hall of fame GM said they should, and have their game affected because of it. Players don't wear visors for a reason. In my opinion, this is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, though I'm not doubting how Yzerman feels about the matter.

With the current rules, I'm not really a fan of teams converting to all visors either.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
  #8
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 900
Every player know the risks of the game, if they feel that don't need visor its their opinion and if something happens their fault, if I could play I would wear 1 for sure

Vasilevskiy is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
  #9
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I don't think Yzerman would have come out and said this if it weren't for Vinny's injury. He might have eventually come around and encouraged players to wear them as you suggested, but this is a pretty dangerous game and every single players know the risks. Nobody needs someone to tell them to wear a visor, so while I know Yzerman just wants to protect his players, these guys don't need that reminder. I certainly don't want anyone to feel pressured into doing so because their Hall of fame GM said they should, and have their game affected because of it. Players don't wear visors for a reason. In my opinion, this is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, though I'm not doubting how Yzerman feels about the matter.

With the current rules, I'm not really a fan of teams converting to all visors either.
And that reason is what? To look cooler? To be manlier? Please.

Any player can play just as well with a visor as they do without. Sure there might be an adjustment period, but thats what the offseason and preseason are for. Vinny hates visors and he clearly had no problem with it last night.

There is not a single factually based bad reason for every player to wear a visor. None.

On top of that, sure they are grown men but they are also professionals in a business. If a team owner mandates it then either you conform or you dont have a job. Just like the real world. If a player goes down, just like FP pointed out, sure they hurt themselves but they also jeopardize all of the time and money the team has put into developing them or playing them on the team.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
  #10
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
And that reason is what? To look cooler? To be manlier? Please.

Any player can play just as well with a visor as they do without. Sure there might be an adjustment period, but thats what the offseason and preseason are for. Vinny hates visors and he clearly had no problem with it last night.

There is not a single factually based bad reason for every player to wear a visor. None.

On top of that, sure they are grown men but they are also professionals in a business. If a team owner mandates it then either you conform or you dont have a job. Just like the real world. If a player goes down, just like FP pointed out, sure they hurt themselves but they also jeopardize all of the time and money the team has put into developing them or playing them on the team.
Of course there are reasons why players wear visors as opposed to playing without one, otherwise it wouldn't be the way it is.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
  #11
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Of course there are reasons why players wear visors as opposed to playing without one, otherwise it wouldn't be the way it is.
No theres not. The common answer is "to see better" or "they arent comfortable".

However they all got to the NHL while wearing cages and visors throughout their younger careers and developing and performing the way they did with them. Vinny even said if he had kept his visor on coming out juniors he would have no problem with it and he only took it off because no one else on the team was wearing one so he didnt want to feel out of place.

Again, there is no real reason a player doesnt wear a visor. They can all play the exact same way they do now with one on. Its similar to a seatbelt. Sure sometimes its uncomfortable but its there to keep you safe from things that can be prevented.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 07:00 PM
  #12
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
No theres not. The common answer is "to see better" or "they arent comfortable".

However they all got to the NHL while wearing cages and visors throughout their younger careers and developing and performing the way they did with them. Vinny even said if he had kept his visor on coming out juniors he would have no problem with it and he only took it off because no one else on the team was wearing one so he didnt want to feel out of place.

Again, there is no real reason a player doesnt wear a visor. They can all play the exact same way they do now with one on. Its similar to a seatbelt. Sure sometimes its uncomfortable but its there to keep you safe from things that can be prevented.
You're honestly telling me that there is no reason players opt not to wear visors? It's not even worth arguing about if that's your stance.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 07:07 PM
  #13
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
You're honestly telling me that there is no reason players opt not to wear visors? It's not even worth arguing about if that's your stance.
And yet here I am giving you the common answers from players, and you keep saying there are reasons...yet have yet to state a single one.

So please...tell me even one reason why players dont wear visors that doesnt include them being uncomfortable or feeling weird or "cant see as well".

Go ahead.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 07:58 PM
  #14
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Every player know the risks of the game, if they feel that don't need visor its their opinion and if something happens their fault, if I could play I would wear 1 for sure
At the same time, when ownership is paying you lots of money to play the game, they would like to have protection on their investments, and if visors are deemed something to add protection, then visors should be mandated.

Moo is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 08:15 PM
  #15
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
And yet here I am giving you the common answers from players, and you keep saying there are reasons...yet have yet to state a single one.

So please...tell me even one reason why players dont wear visors that doesnt include them being uncomfortable or feeling weird or "cant see as well".

Go ahead.
So first you say there is no reason why players don't wear visors, and you then go on to mention 2 reasons for it.

-If a player feels uncomfortable, I'd say that's a reason.
-A lack of vision is also a very valid reason, and the continual fogging up I'm sure could get annoying as well.
- It can also result in an extra penalty (key for players like Downie and Malone) if you start a fight. That could then result in some of those guys not standing up for their teammates when they possibly should have, and the less a team stands up for themselves, the more they get run.
-It can also change the way one plays, as it gives guys more confidence that they can do whatever they want and be protected. This could result in more PP's for the opposition.
-I'm also sure that there have been injuries that were made more severe because of the visor being present, such a stick hitting shield and then knocking out some teeth, whereas it could have been a mere scratch on the cheek if no visor was being worn. Visors can also cut your face in a fight or after a hit.
-Lastly, a small lack of peripheral vision due to a visor could result in a player putting himself in a more vulnerable position, and result in an injury that might not have happened or been as severe as if the player wasn't wearing a visor.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't scenarios where visors prevent injury. I don't think anyone can deny that wearing a visor is a safer option than not, but to say there is no reason is ridiculous. Again, some of the above situations are quite rare, but they are legitimate possibilities, and they can make a difference over the course of a season. Once again, the players know the risks.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 08:28 PM
  #16
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
So first you say there is no reason why players don't wear visors, and you then go on to mention 2 reasons for it.

-If a player feels uncomfortable, I'd say that's a reason.
-A lack of vision is also a very valid reason, and the continual fogging up I'm sure could get annoying as well.
- It can also result in an extra penalty (key for players like Downie and Malone) if you start a fight. That could then result in some of those guys not standing up for their teammates when they possibly should have, and the less a team stands up for themselves, the more they get run.
-It can also change the way one plays, as it gives guys more confidence that they can do whatever they want and be protected. This could result in more PP's for the opposition.
-I'm also sure that there have been injuries that were made more severe because of the visor being present, such a stick hitting shield and then knocking out some teeth, whereas it could have been a mere scratch on the cheek if no visor was being worn. Visors can also cut your face in a fight or after a hit.
-Lastly, a small lack of peripheral vision due to a visor could result in a player putting himself in a more vulnerable position, and result in an injury that might not have happened or been as severe as if the player wasn't wearing a visor.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't scenarios where visors prevent injury. I don't think anyone can deny that wearing a visor is a safer option than not, but to say there is no reason is ridiculous. Again, some of the above situations are quite rare, but they are legitimate possibilities, and they can make a difference over the course of a season. Once again, the players know the risks.
As I pointed out Im looking for factual reasons. Not opinionated reasons such as comfort. Which is why I said I didnt want to hear about those.

As for your reasons:

1) Comfort- As pointed out above. Doesnt matter.

2) Lack of vision- No such thing. They are clear. And again every single player has worn either that or a full cage in their career and were putting up numbers just fine throughout. Stamkos doesnt seem to have much of a problem winning NHL awards while wearing one now does he (Maybe the visor is the reason for his slump lately? ) The only problem with vision is the time it takes to get used to it being right in front of your face. Once that is accomplished there are no problems. As for the fogging, if they are worn properly, they have anti fogging sprays as well as visors themselves, nothing is perfect but its not like a car window in winter. I have worn a full cage, a visor, a half/half, and nothing. I dont mind any of them. I got used to each the more I played as they are all a little different.

3)Extra Penalty- Firstly, Im well aware of the rule, I brought it up in my first post in this thread. However my whole argument is more so for the entire NHL to mandate visors, if this is the case then I would assume the extra penalty would be null and void, or both players would get the extra penalty making it no harm no foul on the ice.

4) Visors Let Players Do More- Im not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that players who wear visors think they are protected more because of them so they make dirty plays more? Not sure I know what you mean.

5) Injuries made worse- Yeah sure, 1 out of 100 incidents where a smaller injury is made worse because of a visor. Compared to the 99 incidents that are made smaller because of the visor. Again I bring up seatbelts or even airbags. Would you rather have a broken nose and strained neck/bruising or a concussion and being thrown out of your vehicle?

6) Lack of vision- Again you can see the same reason rebuttal above. As for peripheral vision, the effect is negligible at best. Any hits coming from those areas would be blindside hits anyways and are deemed illegal. They happen regardless so visors dont change that.


The bottom line is if you look at pros and cons of visors, even though IMO theres no true con to a visor other than "not looking cool", as I dont see any of the reasons above as true reasons why not to wear a visor, the pros outweigh the cons to an at best 80% to 20%. If thats the case visors should be mandatory.

Vinny literally came within an eyelash of losing sight in his eye and being the next berard or malhotra etc. You want that for any of our players because it makes them look less tough? So be it. But I sure dont.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
  #17
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
As I pointed out Im looking for factual reasons. Not opinionated reasons such as comfort. Which is why I said I didnt want to hear about those.

As for your reasons:

1) Comfort- As pointed out above. Doesnt matter.

2) Lack of vision- No such thing. They are clear. And again every single player has worn either that or a full cage in their career and were putting up numbers just fine throughout. Stamkos doesnt seem to have much of a problem winning NHL awards while wearing one now does he (Maybe the visor is the reason for his slump lately? ) The only problem with vision is the time it takes to get used to it being right in front of your face. Once that is accomplished there are no problems. As for the fogging, if they are worn properly, they have anti fogging sprays as well as visors themselves, nothing is perfect but its not like a car window in winter. I have worn a full cage, a visor, a half/half, and nothing. I dont mind any of them. I got used to each the more I played as they are all a little different.

3)Extra Penalty- Firstly, Im well aware of the rule, I brought it up in my first post in this thread. However my whole argument is more so for the entire NHL to mandate visors, if this is the case then I would assume the extra penalty would be null and void, or both players would get the extra penalty making it no harm no foul on the ice.

4) Visors Let Players Do More- Im not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that players who wear visors think they are protected more because of them so they make dirty plays more? Not sure I know what you mean.

5) Injuries made worse- Yeah sure, 1 out of 100 incidents where a smaller injury is made worse because of a visor. Compared to the 99 incidents that are made smaller because of the visor. Again I bring up seatbelts or even airbags. Would you rather have a broken nose and strained neck/bruising or a concussion and being thrown out of your vehicle?

6) Lack of vision- Again you can see the same reason rebuttal above. As for peripheral vision, the effect is negligible at best. Any hits coming from those areas would be blindside hits anyways and are deemed illegal. They happen regardless so visors dont change that.


The bottom line is if you look at pros and cons of visors, even though IMO theres no true con to a visor other than "not looking cool", as I dont see any of the reasons above as true reasons why not to wear a visor, the pros outweigh the cons to an at best 80% to 20%. If thats the case visors should be mandatory.

Vinny literally came within an eyelash of losing sight in his eye and being the next berard or malhotra etc. You want that for any of our players because it makes them look less tough? So be it. But I sure dont.
Yet strangely, Vinny still hasn't even said he'll switch to a visor permanently. But yeah, it's only because he wants to look cool...

I'm not sure if you read my post or not, but I realize that wearing a visor is more protective. However, saying there is no reason not to where one is completely ridiculous. Otherwise, I doubt almost half our team would still be playing visor-less, don't you think? I don't know if you've ever worn a visor or not, but making the adjustment can not only be uncomfortable and seem strange with the shield so close to your face, but it can definitely affect your peripheral vision. While players can be great with visors and adjust well, it feels quite a bit more clear and "free" in comparison without one. It's a risk everyone without a visor knows when they step on the ice, and it's a right they have.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 09:05 PM
  #18
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Yet strangely, Vinny still hasn't even said he'll switch to a visor permanently. But yeah, it's only because he wants to look cool...

I'm not sure if you read my post or not, but I realize that wearing a visor is more protective. However, saying there is no reason not to where one is completely ridiculous. Otherwise, I doubt almost half our team would still be playing visor-less, don't you think? I don't know if you've ever worn a visor or not, but making the adjustment can not only be uncomfortable and seem strange with the shield so close to your face, but it can definitely affect your peripheral vision. While players can be great with visors and adjust well, it feels quite a bit more clear and "free" in comparison without one. It's a risk everyone without a visor knows when they step on the ice, and it's a right they have.
Talk about not reading posts.

Once again we can just agree to disagree. Not really surprised to be honest.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
04-06-2011, 09:51 PM
  #19
I Am Beat You
Registered User
 
I Am Beat You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Talk about not reading posts.

Once again we can just agree to disagree. Not really surprised to be honest.
Yeah, I completely missed the visor part. I stopped at cage, my mistake. I'd be shocked if you don't think there is a very noticeable difference though, but we can just leave this thing alone.

I Am Beat You is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 12:22 PM
  #20
Bolto
?
 
Bolto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 244
vCash: 500


What, you get extra penalty minutes for wearing one of these?

Wow.

Bolto is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
  #21
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
I would think the players union would have something to say to Mr. Yzerman.

I have no problem with the rule as it stands now.

TBFan is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
  #22
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 63,968
vCash: 500
He is speaking from experience. Yzerman didn't wear a visor for the longest time,and eventually did. They'd be wise to listen.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 02:03 PM
  #23
gobolt7
Registered User
 
gobolt7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Florida.
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,243
vCash: 500
If the person who signs my paychecks required me to wear something in the name of safety while under their employment, I would be obligated to do it. I really don't see why it would be any different here. Especially since the team is on the hook for their medical costs. I am sorry if it makes you feel uncomfortable. You know what else makes you feel uncomfortable? Going blind.

gobolt7 is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
  #24
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
They're grown men, don't go telling them about wearing visors. they know the risks, and if a guy feels more comfortable playing without one, so be it.
so be it? if vinny takes an eye injury that kills or cripples his career, yzerman's company is on the hook for that contract. right?

its not exactly no skin off the lightning hockey club's nose if their players get injured.

txpd is offline  
Old
04-07-2011, 02:31 PM
  #25
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Yet strangely, Vinny still hasn't even said he'll switch to a visor permanently. But yeah, it's only because he wants to look cool...

I'm not sure if you read my post or not, but I realize that wearing a visor is more protective. However, saying there is no reason not to where one is completely ridiculous. Otherwise, I doubt almost half our team would still be playing visor-less, don't you think? I don't know if you've ever worn a visor or not, but making the adjustment can not only be uncomfortable and seem strange with the shield so close to your face, but it can definitely affect your peripheral vision. While players can be great with visors and adjust well, it feels quite a bit more clear and "free" in comparison without one. It's a risk everyone without a visor knows when they step on the ice, and it's a right they have.
i'll just give you personal experience. i sort of race cars for a living. i write for a magazine and my responsibility is amateur road racing. i live in the south and do most of my driving in the southeast. i wear a full face racing helmet. for comfort i raced with the visor up. i could breath easier and it was cooler in the heat.

then a piece of track debris got in my open window and thru the window net and hit me in nose and bounced into my eye. there was no damage only that i had to come in to clear my eye and my vision. It could have been far worse though and I decided to put my visor down from then on. Within a couple of days at the track I was fully comfortable with the visor down and am now more comfortable that way.

sometimes people need a push

txpd is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.