HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andre Petersson

Old
04-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Synthetek

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
Andre Petersson

Sens_Army_: As per @ScoreOttawa ... RW Andre Petersson practicing with the #Sens this morning

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

wasn't he skating with them for a few days now? But someone also pointed out that he was favouring his leg/knee? also, he is not a signed player.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetek View Post
Sens_Army_: As per @ScoreOttawa ... RW Andre Petersson practicing with the #Sens this morning
Ugh this guy is so over-rated... Hopefully im wrong but this guy wont make it in this league when hes already dealing with injuries.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

BDP says he is unlikely to sign...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanuck619 View Post
Ugh this guy is so over-rated... Hopefully im wrong but this guy wont make it in this league when hes already dealing with injuries.
It's not like anyone is touting him as a top prospect or anything.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Bileur

Quote:
He's not overrated, he's a boom or bust guy. If he cant get healthy he's nothing. If he can he's got legit top 6 potential.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
I would hardly call him over rated. Bileur had it bang on, boom or bust. And a lot of players deal with injury, if he comes back 100% he is a legit prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
BDP says he is unlikely to sign...
This year perhaps, but if he gets healthy I have a hard time believing the Sens won't sign him. Why else would they go through the trouble of bringing here for several months to be taken care of by doctors? The organization obviously thinks he has potential if they are taking care of his healing process.

Last edited by Buckleys: 04-06-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Manny*

We'll sign the kid. Murray loves him and thinks he has great potential. Does anybody really disagree?

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Based on?

Did you just check his stats on hockey db? lol

Haven't you see him play in 2 WJC? Have you seen him play in the SEL?

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
So is he is overrated because he was injured all season?

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 01:29 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

If we don't sign him, he's gonna be eligible for the draft again, no?

The Waffler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 05:47 AM
SChan*

the guy scored 8 goals at the 2010 WJC, how is he overrated? Not his fault he got injured.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Lots of guys get overrated by a big showing at the WJC.

*cough* Brayden Schenn *cough*

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba Troopa View Post
Lots of guys get overrated by a big showing at the WJC.

*cough* Brayden Schenn *cough*
Tarasenko too

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Yeah...the WJC isn't something you should use to gauge someone's ability. Petersson is being overrated by Sens fans.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
Yeah...the WJC isn't something you should use to gauge someone's ability. Petersson is being overrated by Sens fans.
No one even seems to think he's a sure shot NHLer. I think everyone understands what he is.

I expect more of the people who are calling him overrated wouldn't be calling him overrated if he got more ice and wasn't playing fragile all year. He led the preseason Euro Trophy tourney in scoring, but his club is known not to let young players get much ice. I've yet to figure out whether it was his back or his club keeping his ice limited....his numbers given his ice time are actually pretty impressive.

If he got PP1 time and played 15-16 minutes a night and put up Silfverberg's numbers (which many Swede posters think he would have), we'd be hearing a lot more people overrating him. He is what he is regardless of what he produces....small, soft, project, highly skilled.

He's 20....it took Omark til he was 23 to sniff the NHL.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM
SenzZen

One thing is for sure: this kid can shoot the puck.

I watched the Swedish Jrs play an exhibition game against the Carleton Ravens in the fall of 09. On a textbook 3 on 2, Petersson was the trailer and from between the blueline and the top of the circles ripped a wrister top shelf past Carleton's goalie- who had a clear look.

Oh yeah- and Carleton's goalie happened to be their best player, and has posted 3 SO and a .915 SV% in a season in the WHL...

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Pancakes Pancakes

I love how a player who performs well at the WJC is seen as being overrated after said performance and has proven nothing, but a player who underperforms at the WJC, is now a bust and said performance should be taken at full value and as an indicator of his future in the NHL.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:57 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes Pancakes View Post
I love how a player who performs well at the WJC is seen as being overrated after said performance and has proven nothing, but a player who underperforms at the WJC, is now a bust and said performance should be taken at full value and as an indicator of his future in the NHL.
this is true

it seemed like a yearly event the last two years to bash cowen non-stop cause of it

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

It's just funny when people go out and call him our most talented forward prospect when he really hasn't shown that at all. Does he have tools? Sure. But so do a lot of players that are never able to make the NHL, or even combine all those tools to make a successful player. For example, people think he's more talented than Silfverberg, but Silfverberg, in my opinion, has shown a lot more than Petersson from what I've seen.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:01 AM
HSF

Quote:
It's just funny when people go out and call him our most talented forward prospect when he really hasn't shown that at all. Does he have tools? Sure. But so do a lot of players that are never able to make the NHL, or even combine all those tools to make a successful player. For example, people think he's more talented than Silfverberg, but Silfverberg, in my opinion, has shown a lot more than Petersson from what I've seen.
saying he is the most talented forward prospect we have is fairly accurate.

You are acting like we have Hall or Schenn in our prospect pool

Just cause someone says he is our most talented forward prospect doesnt mean he is a surefire NHL'er. The things holding back petersson are size and injuries something out of his control at this point. And I would say he is more pure skilled than Silfverberg. If Silverberg had this kids shot selection he would be rated a 8.0 prospect.

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
saying he is the most talented forward prospect we have is fairly accurate.

You are acting like we have Hall or Schenn in our prospect pool

Just cause someone says he is our most talented forward prospect doesnt mean he is a surefire NHL'er. The things holding back petersson are size and injuries something out of his control at this point. And I would say he is more pure skilled than Silfverberg. If Silverberg had this kids shot selection he would be rated a 8.0 prospect.
Have you seen Silfverberg's shot? Not only does he get it off more, but it's not far from, if worse at all, Petersson's shot.

Old
04-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Buckleys

Quote:
Have you seen Silfverberg's shot? Not only does he get it off more, but it's not far from, if worse at all, Petersson's shot.
I agree completely. I think Silfverberg and Petersson our two of our best prospects, and their shots are both great. Silfverberg has a wicked shot on the rush to.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
I agree completely. I think Silfverberg and Petersson our two of our best prospects, and their shots are both great. Silfverberg has a wicked shot on the rush to.
On top of which I think Silfverberg has great hockey sense, he's strong in the crease so he can also contribute garbage goals, he's bigger and has a very good two way game so even if he's being kept off the scoresheet he's contributing.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:51 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
On top of which I think Silfverberg has great hockey sense, he's strong in the crease so he can also contribute garbage goals, he's bigger and has a very good two way game so even if he's being kept off the scoresheet he's contributing.
That's why silfverberg is a SAFER prospect. As good as silfverberg's shot is, it isn't quite at petersson's level. Silfverberg is better in almost every aspect, but don't say his shot is as good as petersson's because it's not.

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote