HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some keys to Habs playoff success

Old
04-07-2011, 10:54 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The return of Pacioretty would help. He can trouble Thomas. Having more warm bodies on D would help even if they're just in reserve. The Habs loses them like coins from a pocket with holes in it.
I actually had holes in my pockets today, coins everywhere until I stopped putting them in there. Drove me nuts. My lighter fell down my pant leg as well. Bummer.

I need new jeans.

Oh. Sorry. Go habs!

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Hugo Sham

Price, Carey

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Dekar

I'm not worried about Price. As far as I'm concerned, he's a completely different beast than he's been in years past, and is fully mature and ready for the psychological strain that is the playoffs.

In the defensive zone, our guys have to stick to their assignments, and clog up all the passing and shooting lanes. We won't win all the puck battles along the boards, but keeping the puck away from Carey and making the attacking team hesitate with passes will result in turnovers.

Our breakout speed is well known so transition through the neutral zone shouldn't be a problem unless the puck is bouncing a lot and we see those dreadful games where everything ends up on opposition sticks. The passing will be really important, as that's been inconsistent and sometimes downright bad all season.

In the offensive zone, we find our greatest challenge due to our lack of size up front. It's all about aggressive forecheck and making the defenders take undisciplined (and soemtimes even necessary) penalties. The forwards cannot afford to take breaks or we'll be spending lots of time in our own zone. Our powerplay will have to be a major factor in any success.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote