HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

It feels like thorton's draft year all over again...

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 05:14 PM
shayne

vCash: 500
It feels like thorton's draft year all over again...

Bruins doing there best to place last in next years draft giving them a great shot at CROSBY!!!
Maybe it is just me but it feels like the bruins are letting the talent flee, going cheap as usual and looking to the top pick for the marketing side of selling tickets.
Seems to me winning a championship is smarter but i am just a hockey fan.

Old
07-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Teemu

Thats why theres a draft lottery.

Old
07-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Til the End of Time

The Bruins do not compare to the Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks, etc.

Except in the event of a complete and utter collapse, or the Bruin players purposely throwing games, Boston should not be a lottery team next season.

Old
07-08-2004, 09:46 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time
The Bruins do not compare to the Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks, etc.

Except in the event of a complete and utter collapse, or the Bruin players purposely throwing games, Boston should not be a lottery team next season.
Funny how you question Penguins throwing games in one thread and mention them as the first candidate in another...

As for you Bruins fans, I feel for you guys...I thought that once that tightwad Sinden was relieved of his duties that OC may be a little different...but it looks like it's all happening again...I admire you guys for sticking with your team despite it all!

Old
07-08-2004, 09:52 PM
sparkplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Funny how you question Penguins throwing games in one thread and mention them as the first candidate in another...

As for you Bruins fans, I feel for you guys...I thought that once that tightwad Sinden was relieved of his duties that OC may be a little different...but it looks like it's all happening again...I admire you guys for sticking with your team despite it all!
He's not saying the Pens are going to throw games, just that they're bad enough to be a lottery team without throwing games.

Old
07-09-2004, 04:58 PM
mmmBeer

Quote:

The sky's always falling in Beantown. We've grown accustomed.

I'm not incredibly concerned about any of these departures except for the possibility of Thornton leaving, but if they haven't replaced those players by the time the next season rolls around, whenever that is, then I'll be pissed.

Anyways, speculation that the Bruins are tanking next year to get Crosby is ridiculous, IMO. The Bruins have been saying for two years that they won't sign anyone beyond the current CBA because they want "flexibility" for the new economic landscape.

Old
07-09-2004, 05:12 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
Bruins doing there best to place last in next years draft giving them a great shot at CROSBY!!!
Maybe it is just me but it feels like the bruins are letting the talent flee, going cheap as usual and looking to the top pick for the marketing side of selling tickets.
Seems to me winning a championship is smarter but i am just a hockey fan.
The Bruins still have Thornton, Nylander, Gonchar, Bergeron, Raycroft, Samsonov, Lapointe, etc.

If the season started today, the Rangers and Caps would be duking it out for 30th.

If the lockout happens as anticipated ,the Caps could very well be worse than we were last year.

Old
07-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
What are you talking about? I don't think the Penguins threw games last year. They were bad enough that they didn't have to, and I think this year will be a similar case.

I fail to see how that is funny or ironic.

Closed Thread