HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Standing Room Only Seats: Update in post #22 and pictures in post #23

Old
04-06-2011, 05:56 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
Standing Room Only Seats: Update in post #22 and pictures in post #23

Are standing room only seats okay?

If someone is short (5 foot 3) will they be able to see? Do these sections get too crowded where there is people behind people?

is SRO only one row or is it a crowd of people? In other words, will people be in front of me in the standing room only section?

Sorry for the urgency but i gotta get these tickets asap

Last edited by hctopcheds11: 04-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.
hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Came here to ask the same thing.

3074326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:23 PM
hctopcheds11

So can I get an answer? Of all times I need HF, no one can help? hahah

Old
04-06-2011, 06:24 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Just from walking around the concourse I can tell that the SRO seats are VASTLY superior in the CEC than they were in the Mellon. They're more like tables that you stand behind right beside all of the vendors in the concourse. I'd be more than happy to stand there all game in the playoffs.

You're close to beer, food, and the pisser. Now, I'm sure they'll be more crowded during the playoffs too, but I don't see why height would affect your ability to see the game.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
Just from walking around the concourse I can tell that the SRO seats are VASTLY superior in the CEC than they were in the Mellon. They're more like tables that you stand behind right beside all of the vendors in the concourse. I'd be more than happy to stand there all game in the playoffs.

You're close to beer, food, and the pisser. Now, I'm sure they'll be more crowded during the playoffs too, but I don't see why height would affect your ability to see the game.
Is it crowds of people? Is there only one row of people allowed in the SRO section? Because my GF is short and she won't be able to see if someone is direclty in front of her.

Also, are you referring to the SRO in the 200 sections?

Old
04-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Pitt's Best #87 #66

I'm pretty sure it's one row of people. I am pretty sure 5'3 is close to the height that they tell you to be but as long as there is a nice usher, they will almost always let you move around to find a space where you can see or get you a crate to stand on.

Pitt's Best #87 #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:37 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

I am referring to SRO in 200 sections, yes. And it's only 1 row.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:38 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
I am referring to SRO in 200 sections, yes. And it's only 1 row.
So Height would not be an issue for seeing over the rows in front of you?

Old
04-06-2011, 06:41 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

I think the crowd is at your feet, so even if they're standing there shouldn't be an issue.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Plat form shoes/boots couldn't hurt.

Should gain 2 or 3 inches.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
I think the crowd is at your feet, so even if they're standing there shouldn't be an issue.
I just bought them, thank you so much for your help!

However, can someone please confirm what DFC said above? That would make me feel much better about my purchase hahah

Old
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg26 View Post
So Height would not be an issue for seeing over the rows in front of you?
No, it won't be an issue. I'm an usher. The standing room only seats (as far as I know) only exist upstairs. They are like tall tables with no chairs. They're probably 3.5-4.5 feet off the ground. Hypothetically, you could look under them. Although from that elevation you'd likely be looking at the guy's back in the last row in front of you. It's not a Wall like it used to be at Mellon.

I'm not sure that there are any standing room seats on the main concourse, because all of the sections where they *could* be are right behind the Loge Boxes, and those people tend to get very angry when someone looks at them the wrong way, so I don't think SMG is thick enough to try that.

Neeeeaaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncharmander View Post
No, it won't be an issue. I'm an usher. The standing room only seats (as far as I know) only exist upstairs. They are like tall tables with no chairs. They're probably 3.5-5 feet off the ground. Hypothetically, you could look under them. Although from that elevation you'd likely be looking at the guy's back in the last row in front of you. It's not a Wall like it used to be at Mellon.

I'm not sure that there are any standing room seats on the main concourse, because all of the sections where they *could* be are right behind the Loge Boxes, and those people tend to get very angry when someone looks at them the wrong way, so I don't think SMG is thick enough to try that.
If the people in front of us in SRO even stand up, will we still be able to see over them in the SRO? Thanks so much

Old
04-06-2011, 06:52 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
If the people in front of us in SRO even stand up, will we still be able to see over them in the SRO? Thanks so much
Think of it like this: Can you see the ice from a normal concourse when the people in the last row of seats are standing? Yes (in any arena I would think).

Unless the person in the last row is 10' tall you should be fine.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
They would have to be fairly tall. Some of the sections are different from others. Sometimes the last row of seats is actually a step or two down the aisle, sometimes it's level with you.

The good thing is, if someone does stand up for an extended period, feel free to complain to an usher or whoever is around. You're paying for your seat, and you're entitled to see the game. Just because they're the last row doesn't mean they can stand up.

I hope that's helpful, but I can't remember off-hand which sections are structured which way. In any case, no one should really be standing up for an extended period of time in the playoffs because there aren't any shootouts, and that's generally when it would happen anyway.

Otherwise, my job as an usher is to control the flow of traffic so that no one is going through the aisles (therefore standing up) while play is happening.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Think of it like this: Can you see the ice from a normal concourse when the people in the last row of seats are standing? Yes (in any arena I would think).

Unless the person in the last row is 10' tall you should be fine.
Thank you so much for all your help! I purchased two SRO for Game 2 of the playoffs.

I'd like Goncharmander's confirmation on my question above, since he is an usher.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:56 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
They would have to be fairly tall. Some of the sections are different from others. Sometimes the last row of seats is actually a step or two down the aisle, sometimes it's level with you.

The good thing is, if someone does stand up for an extended period, feel free to complain to an usher or whoever is around. You're paying for your seat, and you're entitled to see the game. Just because they're the last row doesn't mean they can stand up.

I hope that's helpful, but I can't remember off-hand which sections are structured which way. In any case, no one should really be standing up for an extended period of time in the playoffs because there aren't any shootouts, and that's generally when it would happen anyway.

Otherwise, my job as an usher is to control the flow of traffic so that no one is going through the aisles (therefore standing up) while play is happening.
Its for Section 214, do you happen to know what its like for that section? I know you said you don't know specifics.

Old
04-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
Thank you so much for all your help! I purchased two SRO for Game 2 of the playoffs.

I'd like Goncharmander's confirmation on my question above, since he is an usher.
Where are the seats? That could possibly help me to clarify. (if you don't mind posting)

Edit, hold on...

214 is good. Look at this.

3-D Map

You're on the side that the Pens shoot on twice. Also, if you look around (from this seat), there are pillars behind you with walls attached to them. Those walls do not actually exist. Instead, that's where the Standing room would be. I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to have any problems. And on the off-chance that you do, Guest services will do whatever they can to help you out (That's located near scenic Section 104)

*Edit again*

I had the wrong 3-d Link posted, it's updated now.

*Edit again, again*

I'm going to be going to catch the T for my ride home, so I'll be unavailable for the next hour or so. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by Neeeeaaaal: 04-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Where are the seats? That could possibly help me to clarify. (if you don't mind posting)

Edit, hold on...
They are 214, 1 and 2.

Old
04-06-2011, 07:08 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:

Edit, hold on...

214 is good. Look at this.

3-D Map

You're on the side that the Pens shoot on twice. Also, if you look around (from this seat), there are pillars behind you with walls attached to them. Those walls do not actually exist. Instead, that's where the Standing room would be. I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to have any problems. And on the off-chance that you do, Guest services will do whatever they can to help you out (That's located near scenic Section 104)

*Edit again*

I had the wrong 3-d Link posted, it's updated now.

*Edit again, again*

I'm going to be going to catch the T for my ride home, so I'll be unavailable for the next hour or so. Sorry for the inconvenience!
The only other question I would have is, do you know if this is one of the sections where its level with the last row?

Also, if there were a promotion (such as a towel, t-shirt), the SRO still gets them right?

Old
04-06-2011, 08:07 PM
hctopcheds11

It would be nice to know which date these tickets are for . I guess I won't know until Sunday, but I'm assuming they will be for Friday or Saturday.

Old
04-17-2011, 11:03 AM
hctopcheds11

Unfortunately, I was at game 2, but in the Standing Room Only section. Since there is such curiosity about these sections, I figured I would fill some people in about them in case anyone wants to go for game 5.

So I drove 6 hours on Friday morning to get to the game for the SRO seats. At first, I was a bit skeptical about if these "seats" would be okay. Pictures are in the post below. As it turned out, they worked out pretty well but here are a few tips:

1. Be careful what section you get the SRO's in. Some sections, have a handicap area in front of you with a fence in front of them. In these sections, its extremely hard to see and I'm about 5 foot 10. Your vision is definitely hindered in these sections and kind of big time to be quite frank. Of course, I'm not saying anything at all against them having these sections because its great. I'm just trying to warn people to be careful buying in these areas because your vision isn't great. So if you don't have a lot of money like myself, be careful! Luckily, I was not in these sections but I took a look at them before the game to see how our section stacked up and it was pretty tough to see.

(Picture of the handicap section is in the post below. Its the picture with the railing in front of you or the last image at the bottom).

The sections that do not have the handicap area/railing are overall pretty good. You are level with the people in front of you, so when there is a goal, you can't see much. If you are in these sections, try to get seats 1 and 2 so for when people are standing, you can just go out into the aisle (which is what I did). As far as height being an issue, unless you are bringing a child (someone smaller than 4 ft 9 or 4ft 10) you should be fine with seeing over the counter in front of you. My GF is about 5 ft 3 or 5ft 4 and she had plenty of space to lean on the table/see.

(The 1st picture in the post below is the "table"/your "seats" that you can lean on. As you can see plenty of room. The following picture is the view from my section and the third picture is where it says what "seat" you are in. The 4th picture is another view from the SRO section. Feel free to expand all pictures so you can see more because they are small as is)

2. It is slightly annoying that everyone thinks they are just tables. So if you leave during intermission to go to the bathroom or get some delicious nachos/labatts, people go there and put there food and beer down. The ushers are pretty good about this and they will tell people they have to leave. My usher did this once and the other people, I just told that that was my "seat" and they left pretty willingly.

3. Like I said the only main issue, is that you are level with the people in front of you. So you will miss some action when there is a goal/scoring opportunity. Luckily, the people in front of me had zero enthusiasm so they weren't standing other than Adams goal. One way to combat this, is by purchasing what are called "edge" seats. CEC has these seats labeled as EDGE but they are basically cooler than almost anything I've seen. Essentially, you are in the standing room only area but the table you'd "lean" on is about 3 or so feet off the ground. You are given a seat and you have all kinds of room to move your legs and an individual seat that isn't attatched to other seats. The leg room is amazing and from what I remember (so don't quote me on this), your feet are at where other people's heads are. So you are not level and you can see if everyone stands because you can see over them. These seats seem like an excellent idea and quite frankly, are pretty awesome value. Like I said, I don't believe they are level with the seats in front of you because that wouldn't make any sense. I think there is another step or two so you can see everything while sitting in a SRO section. I know strange...

4. One thing thats also really nice about the SRO seats, is that you have plenty of room to lean. As far as space, they are at least doubly superior to almost any seat in CEC. You can put your things down on the table and still have about a foot on each side of you to move around. Its also really nice to be able to be first to concessions/bathrooms during intermission.

SEE Pictures in the next post that I took for those interested! Hope this post and the next on helps.

Last edited by hctopcheds11: 04-17-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old
04-17-2011, 11:35 AM
hctopcheds11

Above is what you lean against. The big square in the middle (so look at the two columns that connect the table to the ground) is all your area. So plenty of space...

Above is the view from the standing room only section 214 when you are leaning against the table/bar looking object in front of you. This is the section I was in, that did not have the handicap area in front of you. Not too shabby.

Here is your "seat" tag.

Another look at the view from Section 214 SRO.

BELOW, is the picture of the section next to mine. This is the section, that I mention in post #22 as a section that you might not try to want to get in. This has the handicap section in front of you and as you can see, you can't see much. Luckily, I didn't have this in front of me at the game but took it for you guys to see anyway:

Hope this helps anyone who wants to buy tickets in SRO.

Last edited by hctopcheds11: 04-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old
04-17-2011, 12:04 PM
JTG

Standing room is actually better than sitting in the new arena, IMO. I'd rather stand around with my buddies, and if we have somewhere to put our beers...I'm perfectly content.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Standing room is actually better than sitting in the new arena, IMO. I'd rather stand around with my buddies, and if we have somewhere to put our beers...I'm perfectly content.
I agree with this, but that one with the wheel chair access in front of it was one of the things I noticed when I first checked out the new arena. I think it's the only one too. At least make it so you see the ice. Platform and a couple steps up to it.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote