HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Vs Montreal | 7pm | CBC/RDS [last home game]

Old
04-07-2011, 10:18 PM
DG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Anderson only 5 wins behind Leclaire on the Sens all-time list!
OMG that really puts things in perspective.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Can we not just leave Lessard on a street corner somewhere and let him fend for himself? Why is he playing hockey on the Sens? Why?

KUBA....FTW....?

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Mr_Squeaks
Poor Impulse Control

I've had a lot of trouble staying on the Tank-Wagon, mostly because of games like this. Yet another "Playoff Team" gets shown the door. I only hope we can play like this once the other teams know who Greening, Condra and Butler are!

Mr_Squeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Sensation

Does anyone have spezza's stats since he's been back from injury?

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Berserker*

Da Costa played a pretty damn good game in relation to his last two. Against the Leafs and the Flyers he looked timid, small and not physically prepared to play at this level. Those could have just been nerves because he was throwing his weight around and battling for the puck a lot this game. I think that if he works really hard over the summer than he will be in the right physical shape to be a second line center next season. He basically just needs to get bigger, stronger and faster (send him to Gary Roberts lol).

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 10:58 PM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

Jason Spezza is now 21st in the league in Points Per Game, not counting the two guys who each have played one game and had one point. That's a #1 Centre.

metalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:00 PM
testinz

Lassard shouldn't be in the NHL.

He was clearly hunting Montreal player's head.

testinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:00 PM
TheHMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Da Costa played a pretty damn good game in relation to his last two. Against the Leafs and the Flyers he looked timid, small and not physically prepared to play at this level. Those could have just been nerves because he was throwing his weight around and battling for the puck a lot this game. I think that if he works really hard over the summer than he will be in the right physical shape to be a second line center next season. He basically just needs to get bigger, stronger and faster (send him to Gary Roberts lol).
I was pretty pleased with what I saw from him as well. I think he's going to be a player. I really noticed this in his first game where he had an excellent cycle routine and made a natural fade to an open area of the ice. It's not really the things that are clearly visible that make a player "special" but rather all of the really small things that come naturally. The fact this guy can make 2nd and 3rd efforts and win puck battles like that is HUGE.

He needs a more well rounded skillset, but you can go far with talent and smarts like that.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfoot View Post
Jason Spezza is now 21st in the league in Points Per Game, not counting the two guys who each have played one game and had one point. That's a #1 Centre.
10th for centers if you disregard Roy who probably would not have maintained a PPG pace.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
HockeyTownUSA

I think Da Costa will spend at least the first half of next year in the AHL.

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTownUSA View Post
Locke and da costa up the middle would be strong to get them off to good start .

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
I was pretty pleased with what I saw from him as well. I think he's going to be a player. I really noticed this in his first game where he had an excellent cycle routine and made a natural fade to an open area of the ice. It's not really the things that are clearly visible that make a player "special" but rather all of the really small things that come naturally. The fact this guy can make 2nd and 3rd efforts and win puck battles like that is HUGE.

He needs a more well rounded skillset, but you can go far with talent and smarts like that.
I agree, he is very intelligent with the puck. Even under pressure along the boards he always seems to make a smart pass. He was pretty effective with Neil and Foligno so I would think that have some big physical wingers with him would be the best option. If the sens by chance draft Landeskog than that could be a good tandem. Watching him in the interview on sens tv he seems kind of doughy, not very physically developed. I think that a lot of those things going unnoticed in his play will be a lot more noticeable as he gets bigger and stronger. Da Costa has a lot of talent in my opinion. I am looking forward to his play next season.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Spezza is a monster. Are people still upset at me for saying he's a top 10 C in the league?

Vindication, etc. etc.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post
Spezza is a monster. Are people still upset at me for saying he's a top 10 C in the league?

Vindication, etc. etc.
Ya, he's not there yet. He has looked good but lets see him keep up this pace for a full season.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenixM View Post

Vindication, etc. etc.
He's solidifying that praise lately...his whole game has come around. Stealing pucks more than he's coughing them up. Just hitting his prime...what's a rebuild when you have a guy like that already...oh, that's why they kept calling it a "retool".

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
JustinYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTownUSA View Post
Yeah. Kinda like Butler at the very least. I'm quite sure no Sens fan would have a problem with that.

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I had to work tonight and missed the game... but RDS has Canadiens Express on the minute I walk in my front door. w00t w00t! I wish I had this for every Sens game. Just starting the 2nd period and Spezza looks like a monster thus far.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:36 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 650
So, I hate Kuba. He fails to clear it on the final goal and they score. I'm like "Eff Kuba".
Then, when in OT I see he's wide open at the point and about to get the puck I said out loud "Kuba's going to score"... couldn't believe it... well done.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:38 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinYS View Post
Yeah. Kinda like Butler at the very least. I'm quite sure no Sens fan would have a problem with that.
You don't want him to become RFA with decent stats, do you? AHL all the way

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I had to work tonight and missed the game... but RDS has Canadiens Express on the minute I walk in my front door. w00t w00t! I wish I had this for every Sens game. Just starting the 2nd period and Spezza looks like a monster thus far.
It was actually a pretty exciting game. These young kids give the sens some jump and they seem to be faster overall. It is kind of nice to see the sens playing with some passion and excitement in their game. Also it seems that Spezza and Neil are much more into these games and are getting a kick out of playing with a younger team.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Spezza explained his "Oh Wow" reaction to Butler's goal. On the post game show he called it "a goal scorer's goal". He said other players appreciate it because they know how hard it is to score a goal like that where Butler freed himself of a very tight check, popped the puck to his shooting side and then snapped it top shelf.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sensfanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
It was actually a pretty exciting game. These young kids give the sens some jump and they seem to be faster overall. It is kind of nice to see the sens playing with some passion and excitement in their game. Also it seems that Spezza and Neil are much more into these games and are getting a kick out of playing with a younger team.
Proof positive of culture being the underlying cause of a lot of team performance.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

lol @ Kuba on MTL's first goal.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Squeaks View Post
I've had a lot of trouble staying on the Tank-Wagon, mostly because of games like this. Yet another "Playoff Team" gets shown the door. !I only hope we can play like this once the other teams know who Greening, Condra and Butler are
The opposition might get to know Greening, Condra and Butler but they still won't know the other young sens on the team. They will have to deal with Greening, Condra and Butler along with (one of Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier or Strome) along with players such as Da Costa,Wick, K-Dawg, O'Brien and Stone. There is also the possibility that the sens second first round pick and possibly one of the second round picks will play as well. Then the opposition will also have to worry about Cowen, Runlbad and possibly Weircioch and Gryba. The Sens have more than a handful of young talent to showcase to the league.

Anyways, Greening,Condra and Butler are sick players and they are absolutely tearing it up lately.

Old
04-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Manny*

Butler is a streaky scorer, but when he's hot, watch out!

Kuba looks exactly like Spezza in his postgame interview. It's scary.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote