HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
By the way, all the celebrating you hear isn't limited to Osama bin Laden's death. The Downie and I are also celebrating the fact the Indians have the best record in baseball!
Quote:
#Indians Shin-Soo Choo arrested for DUI early Monday in Sheffield Lake.
http://twitter.com/#!/hoynsie/status/65491939402842113

Someone celebrated a little too much.

Old
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
...Annnnnnnnnnd here comes God pooping on everything Cleveland again! LMAO

Old
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
...Annnnnnnnnnd here comes God pooping on everything Cleveland again! LMAO
Indians won again despite the news. Ain't nuttin' gonna stop the Tribe.

until an October choke, anyway...

Old
05-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Bileur

What a meltdown by Upton. To be fair that strike call was BRUTAL.

Old
05-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
What a meltdown by Upton. To be fair that strike call was BRUTAL.
What wasn't brutal in that game, though? Both managers and Upton tossed throughout the game. I can't speak for the Jays' issue and how their manager got tossed, but I know Maddon had a legit gripe with the most incompetent umpire in the game, Joe West.

Old
05-05-2011, 02:47 PM
IdealisticSniper

Price was, to be nice, very unhappy, in that interview with TK there after the win. Huge attitude about being pulled with 1 out left.

Is a complete game that big of a deal to a pitcher? I mean go out, let another guy get the last out for the win and be happy. Its not like he was pitching a no hitter or anything.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM
IdealisticSniper

Maddon when asked about what the players were wearing and he mentioned the Lightning hats to honor their work so far.

"Its not easy to have a 4 game sweep. I heard they may play Boston next. I like it when Tampa Bay plays Boston"

Heh.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Price was, to be nice, very unhappy, in that interview with TK there after the win. Huge attitude about being pulled with 1 out left.

Is a complete game that big of a deal to a pitcher? I mean go out, let another guy get the last out for the win and be happy. Its not like he was pitching a no hitter or anything.
Terrible move by Maddon. Who the hell pulls a guy after he gives you 8 2/3 great innings without surrendering an earned run, only gave up 4 hits, didn't walk a batter, and had the bases empty? Oh yeah, and Escobar was due up and he was 0 for 3 on the day with 2 k's. Perfect strategy if you want to screw with your ace's head.

Joe can go **** himself for that crap.

Old
05-05-2011, 03:42 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Terrible move by Maddon. Who the hell pulls a guy after he gives you 8 2/3 great innings without surrendering an earned run, only gave up 4 hits, didn't walk a batter, and had the bases empty? Oh yeah, and Escobar was due up and he was 0 for 3 on the day with 2 k's. Perfect strategy if you want to screw with your ace's head.

Im not saying I agree with the move at all. I think he should have left him in. But Price was being a little baby during that interview.

Old
05-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Hockeyfan02

Weird move by Maddon and Price should have been able to finish the game, but not really a big deal. Yankees lost today so after a terrible start the team is only one game out of first now.

Old
05-05-2011, 05:55 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post

I agree completely.

That was ****ing garbage. He was at 118 with an out to go. Worst case for him on the day would be a 9 pitch batter and the fact that he was still touching 96 in the 9th... **** that. ****ing **** that.

Old
05-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

It was a stupid move that made zero sense. If he struggled to get the two outs I would understand but that wasn't the case. I don't know if it was an attempt to hurt his stats since he's eligible for arbitration or what but it's not smart to piss off one of the best pitchers in the game a week or so after he mentions the possibility of signing long term.

Old
05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Im not saying I agree with the move at all. I think he should have left him in. But Price was being a little baby during that interview.
I think Price's reaction was perfectly appropriate, and could have been far worse. He was on the verge of a CG gem and it was taken away from him with 1 out to go. I understand his frustration.

Old
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

HONEST QUESTION...

If YOU were in Price's shoes in that postgame interview, how many FCC complaints would you have racked up?

I'd say at least 50 for me. People would know what the F-word meant, that's for sure.

Old
05-05-2011, 09:41 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
HONEST QUESTION...

If YOU were in Price's shoes in that postgame interview, how many FCC complaints would you have racked up?

I'd say at least 50 for me. People would know what the F-word meant, that's for sure.

I dunno. I understand how he could be annoyed and frustrated but its not like he was going after anything of true substance. Meaning nothing for the history books, nothing of note other than a CG by his name on Sportscenter.

Im not blaming Price. I love the guy and hes a great pitcher obviously. I just think he could have composed himself during that interview a little more OR simply declined the interview and had them interview someone else.

Old
05-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:

I dunno. I understand how he could be annoyed and frustrated but its not like he was going after anything of true substance. Meaning nothing for the history books, nothing of note other than a CG by his name on Sportscenter.

Im not blaming Price. I love the guy and hes a great pitcher obviously. I just think he could have composed himself during that interview a little more OR simply declined the interview and had them interview someone else.
In his defense, he could have blown up so much more. I'm sure without having to make a list, you all can think of epic meltdowns in post game press conferences by players.

Old
05-05-2011, 10:25 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
In his defense, he could have blown up so much more. I'm sure without having to make a list, you all can think of epic meltdowns in post game press conferences by players.
Oh yeah absolutely haha.

Old
05-07-2011, 02:35 AM
clefty
What?

Its been well known the Bucs were one of the strong favourites to be featured on Hard Knocks, but now its being reported on Pewter Report that the show has been offered to the team, and its theirs if they want it, which they certainly will. I'd say the potential De'Quan Bowers storyline pushed them over the top. They probably would have had it done and announced it by now, but the only hiccup is this silly little lockout.

Old
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

I think if we get Hard Knocks, the country is going to fall in love with Raheem.

Old
05-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I Am Beat You

Verlander just threw a no hitter against the Jays. Walked one batter in the 8th.

Old
05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistDayKare View Post
I think if we get Hard Knocks, the country is going to fall in love with Raheem.
The bucs will have a heap of new fans if they get hard knocks. Raheem is a huge part of that. I think people will really latch onto Freeman as well, they love a QB with leadership and work ethic which is the core of Freeman.

McCoy also seems like a type that will get some play with his humor and work ethic.

Old
05-09-2011, 08:56 AM
CommunistDayKare
I'M SORRY RUM HAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
The bucs will have a heap of new fans if they get hard knocks. Raheem is a huge part of that. I think people will really latch onto Freeman as well, they love a QB with leadership and work ethic which is the core of Freeman.

McCoy also seems like a type that will get some play with his humor and work ethic.
Hell, during the Hard Knocks w/ the Bengals that's how I got familiar with Corey Lynch who they featured quite a bit. I was excited when we picked him up.

Old
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Hockeyfan02

Will they follow Raheem down to the bars on south Howard?

Old
05-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

In anticipation of tomorrow, I'm just going to leave this here.

Old
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Between that and the Browns helmet logo Cleveland has to have the worst set of logos in sports.

They both beat the old "Cavs basket" logo however.

Closed Thread