HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81: Flyers @ Sabres - Friday, Apr. 8, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 09:16 PM
LI Fly Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Habs could fall to 7th if they lose to the Leafs.
Ok I take it back win tomorrow who gives a **** about Pitt and let's go Leafs and Sabres....

Oh and hope Rags don't get in....

Old
SelanneLion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
That was a great game. Seems most of you are too bitter to at least try to enjoyt an entertaining game.
I though bob was spectacular tonight. Gerbers first goal was the eonly questionable one.
Another giroux post away from a 2 goal lead. Are we ready to flame him like carter.

if anything, the most frustrating thing is that if that team shows up in ottawa, they win going away.
The Flyers have a lot of players that wait until the playoffs to turn it on. I'm not worried.

Old
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
You are incorrect we have 43 regulation wins to they're 39. That's the tiebreaker. Win tomorrow or Pitt loss Sunday we win the Atlantic.

I hope we lose tomorrow, Pitt loses Sunday and Boston passes us so we can play the Habs in the 1st round.
I'd rather not lose 6 straight heading into the playoffs, a win and the 2nd seed would be nice. If the Flyers show up in the playoffs they should be able to handle NYR, Buffalo or Carolina.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Nothing like crawling to the finish line thanks to a technicality, right?
I'd be disappointed if i had any optimism left. I've never been so sure of impending failure.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think Carle's defensive play is one of the best on the team. If it wasnt for slow ass Pronger or over the hill Timonen, I think Carle could easily be that 50+ points guy with top defending to go with it. He got snubbed out of the all star voting which he easily deserved. Carle is head and shoulders the teams best defender, maybe even best player.
You Serious?

Old
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think Carle's defensive play is one of the best on the team. If it wasnt for slow ass Pronger or over the hill Timonen, I think Carle could easily be that 50+ points guy with top defending to go with it. He got snubbed out of the all star voting which he easily deserved. Carle is head and shoulders the teams best defender, maybe even best player.
In that case **** Carter ****ing piece of ****

Old
SelanneLion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
The best at slobbering all over himself maybe
Thank you for your input. But Carle is the best all-around d-man that they've got. There is a reason why he makes so much money.

Old
MountainHawk

Again, the Penguins have won 7 of their last 31 in regulation, which is the only type of winning that matters in the playoffs. There is no 4 on 4 or shootouts for them to cover up their deficiencies with.

Old
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
That was a great game. Seems most of you are too bitter to at least try to enjoyt an entertaining game.
I though bob was spectacular tonight. Gerbers first goal was the eonly questionable one.
Another giroux post away from a 2 goal lead. Are we ready to flame him like carter.

if anything, the most frustrating thing is that if that team shows up in ottawa, they win going away.
He we enjoy winning...and the Flyers havent been doing much of that for the past 1-2 months. I guess you could pump yourself up saying we made the playoffs! But other than that... not really much of a bright side.

Im looking forward to this super playoff magic alot of people are talking about.

Old
Mike2000z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
You are incorrect we have 43 regulation wins to they're 39. That's the tiebreaker. Win tomorrow or Pitt loss Sunday we win the Atlantic.

I hope we lose tomorrow, Pitt loses Sunday and Boston passes us so we can play the Habs in the 1st round.
Living in Montreal, the radio guys want to play the Flyers and i thought Jacque Martin said we are "Done" and easy pickings. Frankly theres not one team honestly i see us beating in a 7 game series. Every team has been playing much better than us down the stretch. Every team has a better goalie than us. I gotta hear all the BS after we get ousted in the first round from all people who hate the flyers up here

Old
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelanneLion View Post
Thank you for your input. But Carle is the best all-around d-man that they've got. There is a reason why he makes so much money.
Post of the year.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Nothing like crawling to the finish line thanks to a technicality, right?
Not exactly a technicality. It wasn't for the dumb ****ing skills competition, the Pens wouldn't be anywhere near us.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Jeesh it's painful watching Richards do the postgame interview...and I thought Lindros was monotone....

As far as flyers fans being bitter....umm all the players are pretty somber and even though it was a better effort they had wayyyy too many defensive lapses. They still haven't played a complete game and if you can't get that straightened out in the playoffs it's not going to be fun just going to the dance.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:23 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelanneLion View Post
Just because you repeat it doesn't make it anymore true. Timonen, Mez, Pronger and Coburn are much better than Carle and if you watched this team all season (or last season) you'd know that. By the way, Carle's salary is based off his only really good year which was in San Jose, he's been hit or miss ever since.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
BWAVgal
The Mockingjay lives

Make sure that the Philadelphia Carters, I mean Flyers tune up the Isles tomorrow and we are all good in 2nd.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
SelanneLion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Just because you repeat it doesn't make it anymore true. Timonen, Mez, Pronger and Coburn are much better than Carle and if you watched this team all season (or last season) you'd know that. By the way, Carle's salary is based off his only really good year which was in San Jose, he's been hit or miss ever since.
His point totals wouldn't have fluctuated as much if those teams used him correctly. It's like saying Zherdev isn't a 30 goal talent when he clearly is.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
SelanneLion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Again, the Penguins have won 7 of their last 31 in regulation, which is the only type of winning that matters in the playoffs. There is no 4 on 4 or shootouts for them to cover up their deficiencies with.
Exactly. Well said.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:26 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

LOL

this team stinks

I hope we lose tomorrow and get swept by the Bolts and Gagne lights us up

that's what this team deserves

/sarcasm

Last edited by RJ8812: 04-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old
04-08-2011, 09:28 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

on the bright side the rags are one step closer to epic failure.

but christ. we finally play a good game and it's marred by stupid breakdowns and turnovers. what the **** was hartnell passing to in OT? UGH.

win tomorrow. i'm too young to have a heart attack.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:28 PM
BulkVanderHuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Post of the year.
I thought it was a typo, honestly.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Start Leighton*

After thinking about it I am confident Leighton would have won this game. His 6'3 frame really closes the window on some angles. I think we win 3-1 maybe 3-2 with Leights in net.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Amateur Hour

TIMMEH!!

Quote:
With the loss, the Flyers no longer lead the Atlantic Division.

With Pittsburgh winning over the Islanders in a shootout, the Pens moved into first place in the division lead with 104 points – one point ahead of the Flyers.

The last time Pittsburgh led the Atlantic was Jan. 6.
http://www.csnphilly.com/04/08/11/Fl...317&feedID=704

Idiot. At least I knew both teams had the same number of points.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
BulkVanderHuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
on the bright side the rags are one step closer to epic failure.

but christ. we finally play a good game and it's marred by stupid breakdowns and turnovers. what the **** was hartnell passing to in OT? UGH.

win tomorrow. i'm too young to have a heart attack.
There's no bright side, or silver lining, or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's not about the competition, and it hasn't been for months. This team has lost themselves for some reason, be it fatigue, laziness, lack of focus, whatever.

It doesn't matter where they fall in the standings from my point of view, they'll have to face the deeper teams in the East eventually, if they actually win a round. There's no back door to the finals.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
After thinking about it I am confident Leighton would have won this game. His 6'3 frame really closes the window on some angles. I think we win 3-1 maybe 3-2 with Leights in net.
I highly doubt it....the D was pretty lax and let up some quality shots..breakaways etc. I don't fault the goaltending at all...Bob maybe could have had the shot from the backhand by that midget Baby Gerber or whatever his name is....

Old
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
I think you're right. He probably wouldn't have made a few of the saves Bob made with his speed but his large handsome body would have made those two Gerbe saves and theres no way that Leighton would let that 5 hole goal from Pominville go in either. I heard Leighton has worked his 5 hole really hard in the AHL

Closed Thread