HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#81: Flyers @ Sabres - Friday, Apr. 8, 2011 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
  #401
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I think you're right. He probably wouldn't have made a few of the saves Bob made with his speed but his large handsome body would have made those two Gerbe saves and theres no way that Leighton would let that 5 hole goal from Pominville go in either. I heard Leighton has worked his 5 hole really hard in the AHL
Please keep these coming. Huge fan of your work.

chimrichalds18 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
  #402
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I think you're right. He probably wouldn't have made a few of the saves Bob made with his speed but his large handsome body would have made those two Gerbe saves and theres no way that Leighton would let that 5 hole goal from Pominville go in either. I heard Leighton has worked his 5 hole really hard in the AHL
This is perfect.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:39 PM
  #403
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I highly doubt it....the D was pretty lax and let up some quality shots..breakaways etc. I don't fault the goaltending at all...Bob maybe could have had the shot from the backhand by that midget Baby Gerber or whatever his name is....
Bob got screened for some goals. Leighton's frame would have easily allowed him to see around the screens and would have been routine saves.

Also we need to go with Leighton in the playoffs it is clear he is one of those players that have another gear in the playoffs.

Leighton NHL reg. season stats 2.94 GAA .902 SV%
AHL reg. season stats 2.30 GAA .917 SV%

Postseason NHL 2.46 GAA .916 SV%
AHL 1.25 GAA .980 SV%

Let's be honest when the game is on the line he is who we need in the playoffs.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
  #404
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
You know the flyers are in a tailspin when people are calling for Leighton.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
  #405
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
TIMMEH!!

http://www.csnphilly.com/04/08/11/Fl...317&feedID=704

Idiot. At least I knew both teams had the same number of points.
You know what I'm getting tired of everyone ripping on Tim. I doubt you could do better. Its not like you or anyone else here spends their time writing words in the computer about hockey without obvious mistakes or misspellings from time to time. He has a really difficult job of reporting the facts and getting it right the first time. He does so 70% of the time. Isn't that good enough for you people?

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  #406
SelanneLion*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wandering/DC
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I highly doubt it....the D was pretty lax and let up some quality shots..breakaways etc. I don't fault the goaltending at all...Bob maybe could have had the shot from the backhand by that midget Baby Gerber or whatever his name is....
I disagree. The team always plays better in front of Leighton and he takes up a lot of net. His positioning would have stopped that spin-o-rama goal.

SelanneLion* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  #407
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Bob got screened for some goals. Leighton's frame would have easily allowed him to see around the screens and would have been routine saves.

Also we need to go with Leighton in the playoffs it is clear he is one of those players that have another gear in the playoffs.

Leighton NHL reg. season stats 2.94 GAA .902 SV%
AHL reg. season stats 2.30 GAA .917 SV%

Postseason NHL 2.46 GAA .916 SV%
AHL 1.25 GAA .980 SV%

Let's be honest when the game is on the line he is who we need in the playoffs.
While there is some truth to Leighton being able to get the higher shots possibly because of his frame (when on his game) you have to consider some of the saves that Bob made that Leighton is not exactly capable of making...so it's not that simple to say he would have made the difference. Finally, the fact we're even considering the dude as some kind of x factor is rather sad IMO.....if he plays tomorrow I guess we will see where he is at with his game although I think it's playing Russian roulette....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:44 PM
  #408
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,651
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
You know what I'm getting tired of everyone ripping on Tim. I doubt you could do better. Its not like you or anyone else here spends their time writing words in the computer about hockey without obvious mistakes or misspellings from time to time. He has a really difficult job of reporting the facts and getting it right the first time. He does so 70% of the time. Isn't that good enough for you people?

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:45 PM
  #409
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelanneLion View Post
I disagree. The team always plays better in front of Leighton and he takes up a lot of net. His positioning would have stopped that spin-o-rama goal.
What about some of those point blank stones on the breakaway..again just because he may have blocked that spin-o-rama by default because he's a warm big body doesn't mean the Flyers would have won the game....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
  #410
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
While there is some truth to Leighton being able to get the higher shots possibly because of his frame (when on his game) you have to consider some of the saves that Bob made that Leighton is not exactly capable of making...so it's not that simple to say he would have made the difference. Finally, the fact we're even considering the dude as some kind of x factor is rather sad IMO.....if he plays tomorrow I guess we will see where he is at with his game although I think it's playing Russian roulette....
Leighton stops every shot that Bob stopped except the five whole goal. Maybe he lets in one of the breakaways because they are luck anyway. So yea 3-2 seems pretty accurate to me.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
  #411
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelanneLion View Post
I disagree. The team always plays better in front of Leighton and he takes up a lot of net. His positioning would have stopped that spin-o-rama goal.
Glad to see I am not the only person here that realizes Leighton is what's best for the team.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
  #412
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
You know the flyers are in a tailspin when people are calling for Leighton.
Fact: Leighton carried this team to almost a cup victory

Fact: Sergei Bobrovsky looks like Paul Dano



Michael Leighton is much more handsome

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #413
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Fact: Leighton carried this team to almost a cup victory

Fact: Sergei Bobrovsky looks like Paul Dano



Michael Leighton is much more handsome
You, my friend, are on point tonight.

Amateur Hour is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #414
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Fact: Leighton carried this team to almost a cup victory
Exactly Leights had 3 shutouts in one playoff series. Bob can't even get one in a whole season (which is obviously lower pressure games).

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #415
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,508
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I missed this one except the second period on the radio. No bueno?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #416
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,413
vCash: 500
Dude and if we had Vokoun we would be Stanley Cup favorites and would have won 5 in a row instead of losing 5 in a row.

C'mon we're getting ridiculous with these pathetic hypotheticals....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #417
SelanneLion*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wandering/DC
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
While there is some truth to Leighton being able to get the higher shots possibly because of his frame (when on his game) you have to consider some of the saves that Bob made that Leighton is not exactly capable of making...so it's not that simple to say he would have made the difference. Finally, the fact we're even considering the dude as some kind of x factor is rather sad IMO.....if he plays tomorrow I guess we will see where he is at with his game although I think it's playing Russian roulette....
Leighton is really consistent though. If his back isn't hurting him then he'll put forth a great showing.

SelanneLion* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:49 PM
  #418
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,434
vCash: 500
here did meh comment go?Not cooool

sa cyred is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:51 PM
  #419
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Dude and if we had Vokoun we would be Stanley Cup favorites and would have won 5 in a row instead of losing 5 in a row.

C'mon we're getting ridiculous with these pathetic hypotheticals....
Not true Vokoun isn't a proven playoff goalie Leighton is. Show me some stats to back up what your saying than we will talk more.

Start Leighton* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
  #420
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I missed this one except the second period on the radio. No bueno?
Hartnell made a great play to set up the OT goal.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
  #421
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Not true Vokoun isn't a proven playoff goalie Leighton is. Show me some stats to back up what your saying than we will talk more.
You are just messing right? Vokoun has been among the league leaders in save percentage for years...Leighton couldn't even carry Vokoun's jock strap...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
  #422
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
You are just messing right? Vokoun has been among the league leaders in save percentage for years...Leighton couldn't even carry Vokoun's jock strap...
Vokoun has never made it to the Stanley Cup. Leighton has. And he carried his team in the face of adversity.

When did Vokoun ever do that?

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
  #423
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,899
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Fact: Leighton carried this team to almost a cup victory

Fact: Sergei Bobrovsky looks like Paul Dano



Michael Leighton is much more handsome
Leighton DID NOT carry a team to the finals. The team carried him to the finals

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
  #424
SelanneLion*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wandering/DC
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
You are just messing right? Vokoun has been among the league leaders in save percentage for years...Leighton couldn't even carry Vokoun's jock strap...
You'd probably rather have Carter than Claude Lemeiux in the playoffs, too.

SelanneLion* is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:57 PM
  #425
Start Leighton*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
You are just messing right? Vokoun has been among the league leaders in save percentage for years...Leighton couldn't even carry Vokoun's jock strap...
Some goalies just don't perform in the playoffs. Some do. Look at Osgood average in the regular season and would turn it on during the postseason. For all we know Vokoun could be one of those players that just doesn't have it. We know the regular season and post season are two different levels of play. Some teams have that on switch (like us) and some teams don't (Canucks)

Start Leighton* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.