HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Not to hijack thge thread, but IMO it's stupid to point to all the games the Rangers "should have" won when there were almost 2 dozen games the Rangers "should have" lost.

The Rangers are a young team who experienced ups and owns. They had injuires, they had underachievers and they had rookies and sophomores. When you consider they are going to win 40-plus games and 90-plus points under the above circumstances, you cant pinpoint one, two or three losses.

At some point we have to just accept the fact that Carolina deserves more credit for playing impeccable hockey for almost two months.

That being said, it would be a crying shame if this team didnt make the playoffs after spending 81 games in a position to do so.

But I'll wait until the Sabres game ends before I really start panicking.

Old
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

The best thing about this is tomorrow is Marian Gaborik's last game in a Rangers uniform.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Did anyone seriously doubt that the canes would win this one?
I didn't. A long flight down after a big win, there was very little doubt in my mind about this one.

My main hope is that we can win tommorrow, and have 2 teams that could lose to put us in. Have to at least think our odds become 50-50 in that scenario.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I didn't. A long flight down after a big win, there was very little doubt in my mind about this one.

My main hope is that we can win tommorrow, and have 2 teams that could lose to put us in. Have to at least think our odds become 50-50 in that scenario.
Agreed. Carolina and Buffalo will both be playing the second game of a back to back situation tomorrow. Rangers win and they have a decent chance of one of those two teams losing.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Agreed. Carolina and Buffalo will both be playing back to back games tomorrow. Rangers win and they have a decent chance of one of those two teams losing.

Let's face it. This season is over. Rangers are a heartless, gutless team when it comes to these situations. Buffalo and Canes will be in the playoffs. I have given up my season tickets for next year. I can't watch this team anymore. They are a predictable waste of time. How many times do I have to listen to the team apologize for not playing the night before. I just heard the apology for the Islander loss and now I'm hearing the same nonsense for the Atlanta loss. SHAMEFUL. 1 cup in 70 years. Carolina came out like a hungry team full of pride and laid it on Atlanta. Rangers came out against Atlanta like they clinched 4 weeks ago. I stopped using the word WE when referring to the Rangers because I have pride in my job and the work I do and I do not want to be associated with people who do not. They can shove their tickets up their ass. I don't want them to make it. I want my money back for the playoffs. I don't want to be there. They do not deserve to be there. I gave up on this team in December and now realize that I made the right decision. I hope they fall flat on their faces tomorrow.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Looking like Avery and Eminger out/Zuccarello and Gilroy in.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
The best thing about this is tomorrow is Marian Gaborik's last game in a Rangers uniform.
Not a chance.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Agreed. Carolina and Buffalo will both be playing the second game of a back to back situation tomorrow. Rangers win and they have a decent chance of one of those two teams losing.
Yes, but the Rangers have to WIN. This scenario reeks of the first playoff appearance after the lockout when the devils swept the Rangers. Pew!

For Martin Brodeur, tomorrow is GAME 7! We will ice a stinker guaranteed!

04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Nubbin

Quote:

BY the way. If Buffalo get's 1 point today we can't catch them. Carolina is not losing to Tampa and we aren't beating the Devils. You know why? GUTLESS.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Yes, but the Rangers have to WIN. This scenario reeks of the first playoff appearance after the lockout when the devils swept the Rangers. Pew!

For Martin Brodeur, tomorrow is GAME 7! We will ice a stinker guaranteed!
You couldn't be more right. When have the Rangers every showed up for this situation anyway? It's typical. It reads like a corny novel.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:28 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Looking like Avery and Eminger out/Zuccarello and Gilroy in.
Start engraving the Cup now.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:28 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
stupid. stupid. stupid.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Why the hell would we get rid of our best sniper (yes, after a bad season) when we're trying to land a #1 center in Richards?

1 step forward, 2 steps back? Seriously, get over yourself and realize that we need both pieces. Gabby will rest his body and give us a more consistent season next year.

If not, I'll sign off on getting rid of him, too.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Quote:
We could only dream...

Old
04-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Why the hell would we get rid of our best sniper (yes, after a bad season) when we're trying to land a #1 center in Richards?

1 step forward, 2 steps back? Seriously, get over yourself and realize that we need both pieces. Gabby will rest his body and give us a more consistent season next year.

Uh, no. **** Gabby, that ****ing quitter.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Nubbin

Quote:

Our problems stem way beyond Gaborik and Richards. It begins with ownership, spreads threw management, reeks in scouting, ties the hands of coaching and development, and smells like **** on a hot summer night on the ice. Richards won't fix this team. This team will NEVER do a thing while Dolan owns it. So, until a sale is made, you CAN only dream.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
chip chipperson*

i really cant wait for it to be announced gaborik needs surgery when the seasons over. the guy is hurt, has to be.

and even if he wasnt his stats last year give him at least another year here. how quickly some people forget that he was probably the mvp of the league through november last year

Old
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Start engraving the Cup now.
And pencil in the Year 2111.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

It's not my opinion. Gaborik is done here. Promise you'll apologize to me when it happens?

Old
04-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i really cant wait for it to be announced gaborik needs surgery when the seasons over. the guy is hurt, has to be.

and even if he wasnt his stats last year give him at least another year here. how quickly some people forget that he was probably the mvp of the league through november
It's not his fault. It's Sather's for signing him. We have the knack to skip proven talent for 2nd chancers and injury prone could-have-beens.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

pretty much, he scored 42 goals last yr people. I would bet he's hurt and it's affected him big time

lets get Richards and see what he and Gaborik can do together

Old
04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
OverTheCap

Hey, Scott Gomez was traded after a subpar second year into his contract. Gaborik is in a similar position, coming off an underwhelming second season as a Ranger. I'm not advocating that he be traded, but it's not such a farfetched notion.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:39 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
GOTY and I'm not even a Rangers fan... will be watching this one closely!

Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
BY the way. If Buffalo get's 1 point today we can't catch them. Carolina is not losing to Tampa and we aren't beating the Devils. You know why? GUTLESS.
they were not gutless vs Boston. How about we see what happens in the next 24 hrs cause there is still a 50/50 chance they can get in

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
I wouldn't bank on that.

Closed Thread