HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
irishlaxburger2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Will the Lightning have anything to play for tomorrow night?
Bump

Old
04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
It's not his fault. It's Sather's for signing him. We have the knack to skip proven talent for 2nd chancers and injury prone could-have-beens.
Sather blows. He has done a horrible job and it is time for the pansy-ass New York press to call him out.

Are you listening Brooksie? Yeah, it's fun to mess with the hot-head Torts, but Sather is the REAL problem. When are you going to call HIM out?

Old
04-08-2011, 08:44 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Bump
Tampa has nothing of significance to play for. The most important thing for them is to be healthy. They've been mediocre as of late so they might want to go in on a high note. They probably won't throw it. But I wouldn't be surprised to see their main guys getting as few minutes as possible.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Bump
PIT-NYI going to shootout now..if NYI win, then yes the Lightning will still be playing for home-ice.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
they were not gutless vs Boston. How about we see what happens in the next 24 hrs cause there is still a 50/50 chance they can get in
How long have you been a Ranger for? You actually think this is going to happen? Buffalo is wrapping it up now as I figured they would. Carolina will wrap it up in Tampa but most likely we'll wrap it up ourselves as the Devils laugh the Rangers off the ice.

GUTLESS

Old
04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Bump
If Pittsburgh wins tonight, TB can't get 4th.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
I wouldn't bank on that.

But we aren't beating the devils. so you think it's going to matter at 7pm? I can't believe you have hope. I'm laughing already.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
How long have you been a Ranger for? You actually think this is going to happen? Buffalo is wrapping it up now as I figured they would. Carolina will wrap it up in Tampa but most likely we'll wrap it up ourselves as the Devils laugh the Rangers off the ice.

GUTLESS
The worst part is that after the Rangers lose tomorrow, Carolina will too. More salt in the wound.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

I've tried to remain optimistic the whole season, but if this team comes out against the Devils and has another piss poor performance similar to the Atlanta game, I will question my fanhood. And you can call me a fair weather fan and tell me to get the **** out of here if you want; that's fine. But the way I feel is that myself and pretty much everyone else on this message board invests a ton of time and money into this organization, and we don't deserve to have to watch this team play like they belong in the ECHL.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Uh, no. **** Gabby, that ****ing quitter.
That sounds like the blabber from the Garden faithful that only remember this season. Sure... let's sign Richards and put who on his wing? Wolski? Break up the Arty line and put Dubi or Cally there? Please, he has quit on this season as much as any other, meaning not at all. Where was our offense last night? Not a single player showed up. On defense, Girardi was god awful, and may have cost us the game, but you won't hear anyone call him out above Gabby because Gabby was a UFA signing and makes more money.

It's always the same. This board is as predictable as a grandfather clock, only not correct as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
It's not my opinion. Gaborik is done here. Promise you'll apologize to me when it happens?
I promise nothing. I've seen you post here and on Rodent's board as well, what makes you think you have inside knowledge?

One bad season riddled with injury and we're gonna dump him? Are you George Steinbrenner? He has skill. This team lacks what?

Skill.

He's going nowhere. Will you apologize to me when he is on the opening roster next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Hey, Scott Gomez was traded after a subpar second year into his contract. Gaborik is in a similar position, coming off an underwhelming second season as a Ranger. I'm not advocating that he be traded, but it's not such a farfetched notion.
Gomez stopped playing for Renney. Period.

Gabby is still playing, but looks hampered. I was hoping to unload Gomez on some sucker for quite a while before he actually was, and this is from a guy who almost got a Gomez jersey when he started with the team. I loved that dude, and love American players period.

Gabby is not. Even. Close. To that level of sucking. Plus anyone who thinks that Gomez and Gaborik are on the same plane as far as talent need to take a long walk.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
04-08-2011, 08:52 PM
eli J
Claw Machine broke

Send a message via AIM to eli J
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
It's not my opinion. Gaborik is done here. Promise you'll apologize to me when it happens?
Purely to satisfy my curiousity but why does a Rangers fan have Scott Oake in their avatar? I don't have a reason you SHOULDN'T, it's just that he doesn't call a lot of Rangers stuff!

Old
04-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I've tried to remain optimistic the whole season, but if this team comes out against the Devils and has another piss poor performance similar to the Atlanta game, I will question my fanhood. And you can call me a fair weather fan and tell me to get the **** out of here if you want; that's fine. But the way I feel is that myself and pretty much everyone else on this message board invests a ton of time and money into this organization, and we don't deserve to have to watch this team play like they belong in the ECHL.
I can't say anything but echo your words exactly. I've had season tickets since 1998. I'm not renewing. I'm done with them. I've spent way to much money for nothing in return except time wasted. I used to be a Mets fan. I haven't watched a baseball game since May of 2009. Believe me, it won't be that hard to do it to hockey either. I haven't remained at a Ranger game this year till the end. I don't care about the talk of the future of Dubinsky, Calahan blah blah blah. 3rd line ringers on any other good team. They look good to Ranger fans because it's relative to what we had in the late 90s and early 2000s. These guys aren't 1st or 2nd liners. THey have bursts of brilliance. Guess what. That's not enough.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
But we aren't beating the devils. so you think it's going to matter at 7pm? I can't believe you have hope. I'm laughing already.
Did I say we would? I just pointed out the possibilities. Keep on thinking you know everything you're pretty good at it.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
That sounds like the blabber from the Garden faithful that only remember this season. Sure... let's sign Richards and put who on his wing? Wolski? Break up the Arty line and put Dubi or Cally there? Please, he has quit on this season as much as any other, meaning not at all. Where was our offense last night? Not a single player showed up. On defense, Girardi was god awful, and may have cost us the game, but you won't hear anyone call him out above Gabby because Gabby was a UFA signing and makes more money.

It's always the same. This board is as predictable as a grandfather clock, only not correct as much.

I promise nothing. I've seen you post here and on Rodent's board as well, what makes you think you have inside knowledge?

One bad season riddled with injury and we're gonna dump him? Are you George Steinbrenner? He has skill. This team lacks what?

Skill.

He's going nowhere. Will you apologize to me when he is on the opening roster next season?

Gomez stopped playing for Renney. Period.

Gabby is still playing, but looks hampered. I was hoping to unload Gomez on some sucker for quite a while before he actually was, and this is from a guy who almost got a Gomez jersey when he started with the team. I loved that dude, and love American players period.

Gabby is not. Even. Close. To that level of sucking. Plus anyone who thinks that Gomez and Gaborik are on the same plane as far as talent need to take a long walk.

How many times are we going to hear what may happen next year? You will be saying the same thing at the end of next season's stinker.

"let's sign <insert player name here> and put who on his wing? <insert player name here>? Break up the <line name here> line and put <insert player name here> or <insert player name here> there?"

Old
04-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Did I say we would? I just pointed out the possibilities. Keep on thinking you know everything you're pretty good at it.
You know what's funny? I am pretty good at it. I've predicted the entire season two years in a row. Do I know everything? Nope. Do I know the Rangers are an embarrassing franchise that play shameful, disappointing hockey every night? YUP.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Hey Nubbin. Why are you even posting here? You are absolutely positively sure without a doubt that the Rangers season is over then go back to playing World of Warcraft and stop posting here. Thanks, genius.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:59 PM
haveandare

And here come the fair weather fans.

If they get the points and they make the playoffs they deserve to be there. Having an emotional overreaction to them playing a horrible game when they needed to win won't change that. The top 8 teams in the conference deserve it and if they meet that definition then they will as well.

I get that its frustrating to watch them choke when they need to win but Jesus, only one team wins a year. Everyone else loses. So they might lose tomorrow instead of a month from now. Many of us got caught up in the rush of a long period of winning but I don't think many people honestly thought that they would win the cup. Its disappointing for sure but to straight up lose interest in a team over a game and to say that you don't want to see them in the playoffs or wouldn't use the tickets that you already purchased says a lot more about the fan than it does about the club.

I'm not sure I understand the Gaborik not being here talk. Just because you think its a good idea doesn't mean its realistic. Its up to Sather. He loves name recognition players - he loves people with the potential to put up a lot of points and more importantly he loves giving stars another chance again and again and again. Personally, I think trading Gabby would be foolish. The team needs talent. He is in many regards the only guy who has ever reached a level of elite offensive production on this team and from the looks of it might be the only one for a while. If they trade him they will regret it.

The thing that bothers me most about the Atlanta game is the lack of fire. You're down 3 - 0 with the season on the line for all intents and purposes and not one big hit, not one fight, not one inspired speech on the bench from a coach or a leader on the team. They looked like they were getting blown out in November. That is totally embarrassing. If they got beaten, even blown out, while really trying and fighting tooth and nail I'd be okay with it. You can't win every game. But, when its a game of that importance to come out dead like that and stay that lazy and uninspired the whole game is an embarrassment - there's no other word for it. I don't honestly have a good idea of who is to blame for something like that but im leaning toward everyone.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
I can't say anything but echo your words exactly. I've had season tickets since 1998. I'm not renewing. I'm done with them. I've spent way to much money for nothing in return except time wasted. I used to be a Mets fan. I haven't watched a baseball game since May of 2009. Believe me, it won't be that hard to do it to hockey either. I haven't remained at a Ranger game this year till the end. I don't care about the talk of the future of Dubinsky, Calahan blah blah blah. 3rd line ringers on any other good team. They look good to Ranger fans because it's relative to what we had in the late 90s and early 2000s. These guys aren't 1st or 2nd liners. THey have bursts of brilliance. Guess what. That's not enough.
Boo-Yah!

And this is all the fault of Glen Sather for the last 10+ years.

Why does the NY press not call this guy out? Where is Larry Brooks? Steve Zipay? Mark Everson?

Why is Sather allowed to get off? Tom Coughlin woudl not get away with this!! Neither would fat boy (Jets)!

Why is Sather never taken to task over the crap job he has done? Or Dolan for that matter? *****-ass NY press!!

Old
04-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
You know what's funny? I am pretty good at it. I've predicted the entire season two years in a row. Do I know everything? Nope. Do I know the Rangers are an embarrassing franchise that play shameful, disappointing hockey every night? YUP.
Wow good job predicting mediocrity from a mediocre franchise!

Old
04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I didn't. A long flight down after a big win, there was very little doubt in my mind about this one.

My main hope is that we can win tommorrow, and have 2 teams that could lose to put us in. Have to at least think our odds become 50-50 in that scenario.
Now the situation has changed for the worse. It's 0.5x0.5 = 0.25 chance that we make the playoffs. The Sabres have clinched, it's only Carolina and us battling it out. There are four possible outcomes (win-lose, lose-win, lose-lose, win-win). Only one possible outcome basically gets us to the playoffs. Well, then there's the OT/SO scenarios and that crap, but that only ups the chances by a few percent, if any.

We need a win, we need Carolina to lose a point. About 25% chance.

That's statistically. If you have a gut feeling, the odds are even worse, I really don't like our chances.

Old
04-08-2011, 09:18 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
If this game goes to a shoot out I'm going to just kill myself and not watch.

As Yogi famously said... "It's deja vu all over again"

Old
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM
haveandare

Quote:
So you have experience giving up when things don't go your way? Nice. This should be really easy for you then. I don't see how its possible that you had tickets to every game this year and didn't go to ONE that you could find bearable enough to grace the garden with your all knowing presence until the end of. From reading this it sounds like you spend money supporting the team but don't really like anything about it. Spend money on a team that you like and while you're at it, litter their forums because some of us aren't ready to have an emotional meltdown about something that we all knew was very possible.

What did you think was going to happen? Adding Sauer, McD, Stepan and MZA was going to turn this team into a contender? There hasn't been much turnover since last year and most of the new guys are rookies. Not making the playoffs was always a strong possibility. Callahan and Dubi and "blah blah blah" who I guess is Staal and Lundqvist are great players. Any franchise would be very luck to have them as second liners or Staal as a first pair D. Oh yeah, and this guy Lundqvist is widely regarded by fans of the sport as the best goalie in the world. Not to mention the blah blah blahs of the future like you know, Christian Thomas, Kreider, Hagelin... they're just not going to be good enough right? You already know that.

Closed Thread