HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#82 | New York Islanders vs. Philadelphia Flyers | Apr 9 | L 4-7

Old
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
BillD

vCash: 500
Botta saying on IPB that "sources" say that Cappy will be hired in the next few weeks to a 2 year contract. Also they are working on a job and title for Weight

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:57 PM
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN

vCash: 7125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post

If you've ever been to a Islander-Ranger game, you'd understand. The Ranger fans have nothing but disdain for the Islanders and their fans. They like nothing more then mocking the Islanders.
I've been to about 80 of them, most of them during the 25 years I had season tickets when I lived in the NY Metropolitan area. I GET the rivalry. What I don't get is the obsession with everything they do, and the need to see them fail overshadow the need to see the Islanders succeed. I don't know, maybe it's because some of you are too young to have known a time when the Isles actually had success and the Rag$ were considered beneath us? Trust me, they dont obsess over us like we obsess over them. We havent given them a reason to in almost 2 decades.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Welp, the season ends and this game had some fun moments.

Can't help but continue with the clischée: if Dipietro had played like an NHL-capable goalie tonight, we'd likely have won this game.

Now we go into Tuesday hoping we at least maintain the 4th pick.

As for me, I'll look forward to the U18 WC being played here starting next week.

Then we'll see if JT, Kyle and a few others show up at the WC. No Frans and no Grabner (whose respective teams will have things REAL hard without them) and maybe no Streit, but Niederreiter could be there. I also think it shouldn't be surprising if Hamonic and Montoya find themselves in Slovakia next month.

Good night...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN

vCash: 7125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
He was not in a prone postion. He did the turtle as Martin arrived. He did the acting thing and won the sympathies of the refs.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Darth Bangkok

well, I was looking forward to laughing at the rags missing the playoffs on the last day worse than last year. But I guess watching them get swept out of the first round will be good to

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:10 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
I've been to about 80 of them, most of them during the 25 years I had season tickets when I lived in the NY Metropolitan area. I GET the rivalry. What I don't get is the obsession with everything they do, and the need to see them fail overshadow the need to see the Islanders succeed. I don't know, maybe it's because some of you are too young to have known a time when the Isles actually had success and the Rag$ were considered beneath us? Trust me, they dont obsess over us like we obsess over them. We havent given them a reason to in almost 2 decades.
I've been an Islander fan since 1972-73. I remember drafting Billy Harris and all of the fanfare about what he would become (never came to fruition). My younger brother, also wanted to start with a new team as well, so he became an Atlanta Flames fan (it was difficult that christmas for my mom and dad trying to find an Atlanta Flames jersey on Long Island). He's still a Flames fan to this day.

I used to see the Islanders practice at Royal Ice Rink in Kings Park. Terry Crisp was a fan favorite. He was generous with his time at those practices and would interact quite a bit with the fans on hand.

I will never forget the abuse I had to put up with, when Davidson and the Rangers upset us in the playoffs.

The hatred runs deep, believe me!

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post

your so

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:00 PM
AaronIsles

The icing on this crap sandwich that has been today is browsing the Lightning forum and seeing the rubdown the Rags fans are giving the Bolts.

While we sit here bitter, as usual.

Always next year...

AaronIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:19 PM
RealSturat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronIsles View Post
The icing on this crap sandwich that has been today is browsing the Lightning forum and seeing the rubdown the Rags fans are giving the Bolts.

While we sit here bitter, as usual.

Always next year...
**** the Rangers and their base.

The only team I will root for this playoffs is any team playing the Rangers. After the way the NHL officials (on and off ice) treated the team since February, I could care less who wins the damn cup. And usually I stay riveted to the end. This season, I don't give a ****.

RealSturat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 02:43 AM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Didn't see the game, but caught some highlights. to DP and to D coverage, but mostly DP.

I was thinking after that tyeing goal Friday night, perhaps Hammer is better suited for the left side to unleash that one-timer. Voila.

Going into next year my concern is not with the goal scoring, but rather on the other end of the rink. Sure hope it's management's too!

Yaaayyy to another season culminating with a top-5 pick...

Last edited by BelovedIsles: 04-10-2011 at 03:00 AM.
BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:52 AM
crashthenet

In the MSG Network studio, Patrick Flatley called the game ” a clinic on how not to play net” for both teams.

The only difference is Bob will mature, our idiot seems incapable. Doesn't matter who the coach is, JT's linemates or Streit's partner might be, this clown who must, must, must, make a spectacle of himself, will always hold us back.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote