HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers (04.09.2011) 7pm

Old
04-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanolthing View Post
I have more fun doing elaborate ones.
too bad. They make us lose.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

rags game just about to start. the NHL package is free still for those of you who want to watch

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:48 AM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
rags game just about to start. the NHL package is free still for those of you who want to watch
center ice certainly doesnt work, and nhl.com i got the game on, accidentally closed it and now i gotta pay

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
center ice certainly doesnt work, and nhl.com i got the game on, accidentally closed it and now i gotta pay
on Fios they have the baseball package free and you can get all the hockey games bc they share the same channels

Old
04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
TRASHCAT

Quote:
on Fios they have the baseball package free and you can get all the hockey games bc they share the same channels
lol nice oversight

TRASHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Duke33

Hardly shocking with Green. The guy's never had any kind of toughness, why start now? The fact he didn't even travel shows they were never serious about him playing, despite the comments from him and the team.

If he's ok to play anything, at least he should be with the Bears to get some kind of game in to shake the rust off.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:12 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
Hardly shocking with Green. The guy's never had any kind of toughness, why start now? The fact he didn't even travel shows they were never serious about him playing, despite the comments from him and the team.

If he's ok to play anything, at least he should be with the Bears to get some kind of game in to shake the rust off.
I hope you are kidding. Concussions are hardly about toughness.

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
I hope you are kidding. Concussions are hardly about toughness.
Whatever. Green has shown time and time again he's about as frail as can be. He gets pushed around like a rag doll on the ice all the time, whether he's got the puck or not. Guys half his size knock his butt to the ice constantly, and I know from having season tickets as long as he's been here. He doesn't use his size, he doesn't play physical. Even the hit he took in the NY game was borderline normal for the NHL. One hit and he's off the ice....

If he's still got concussion issues, then the team needs to say that and he needs to be off the ice long term. But statements have been made that he's ready, he's been ready, he's been concussion-symptom free for some time, etc. The man himself has made statements he's ready to play...he's going to play...but then he doesn't. They don't give him a game either tonight in a meaningless contest or up in Hershey to warm up, but they honestly expect him to have his first game back in a full-tilt, high-intensity playoff game?

Doesn't suprise me one bit he's not playing. Makes me laugh he didn't even make the trip. Probably getting another hairdo or having his nails done.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
sk84fun_dc

My understanding is playing an AHL game on a conditioning stint post -AHL/CDR deadline is not an option for an NHL player so Green playing for Hershey is not an option.

Also, there's no way I'd want Green's first game back to be against WBS given the Hershey/WBS rivalry and the game last night.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:37 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Whatever. Green has shown time and time again he's about as frail as can be. He gets pushed around like a rag doll on the ice all the time, whether he's got the puck or not. Guys half his size knock his butt to the ice constantly, and I know from having season tickets as long as he's been here. He doesn't use his size, he doesn't play physical. Even the hit he took in the NY game was borderline normal for the NHL. One hit and he's off the ice....

If he's still got concussion issues, then the team needs to say that and he needs to be off the ice long term. But statements have been made that he's ready, he's been ready, he's been concussion-symptom free for some time, etc. The man himself has made statements he's ready to play...he's going to play...but then he doesn't. They don't give him a game either tonight in a meaningless contest or up in Hershey to warm up, but they honestly expect him to have his first game back in a full-tilt, high-intensity playoff game?

Doesn't suprise me one bit he's not playing. Makes me laugh he didn't even make the trip. Probably getting another hairdo or having his nails done.
Once again, he had a previous concussion. He got elbowed in the head. What do you expect? This is not about being fragile. It's a concussion.

Second part, you're laughing that one of our players is out? Are you even a fan, or a troll?

bonzaibondra12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:38 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
I also feel Green has a little to much ***** in him to be a top shelf blue liiner in the NHL, but a concussion is whole different ball of wax. Whether it was the training staffs choice, or Green's, not to play tonight I think its the right decision. 1st place in the conference is wrapped up and the Boys are playing a Panthers team that is filled with good and marginal players looking to distinguish themselves in the last game of the season. I'd rather Green not be available for some scrub Panther to try and make a name for himself.

On the flip side, it has been said by Green that he has been symptom free for 3+ weeks now. That means Green should be going into the playoffs fresh and ready to roll. With Wideman under contract next year that means no more excuses for Green if he craps the bed again in the playoffs. Put up or get shipped out is how I see things for #52.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
TheSmokingMan

Quote:
Second part, you're laughing that one of our players is out? Are you even a fan, or a troll?
For some people, they are one in the same.

TheSmokingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Once again, he had a previous concussion. He got elbowed in the head. What do you expect? This is not about being fragile. It's a concussion.

If it's a concussion then like I said, the team should say that and he shouldn't be even near the ice until he's ready. Sending out BS tweets and statements over and over for the last few weeks that he's ready, etc when he's clearly not, shows something is clearly not right here.

Yeah, I'm laughing cause a player is out. Get over yourself. Just cause my opinion is different than yours doesn't make me a troll. Like I said, I've gone to games for years and have seen this guy get pushed around routinely. He's not a tough or physical player at all. These aren't news flashes.

I'm laughing cause according to everything from him and the Capitals, he was going to play tonight. Now it turns out he didn't even travel, which shows those statements were complete BS. It's not like he went with the team and they decided to rest him after the conference was locked up.

He is fragile, and everyone knows it. This is a player who is thrown out there as one of the faces of the franchise, yet he's also the poster boy for past playoff failures. He's a Norris Division candidate who's actual defense has been laughable. He's a guy who'd rather get a cool haircut and have a neat website, or go out and party, instead of working hard in a playoff game.

Sorry if you don't like what I'm saying I'm not going to sit here and argue all day, the facts speak for themselves. His work ethic has been less than average in his time here. Again, if he's still not ready to play, then cashier him for this season, it's not like the team has suffered in his absence, quite the opposite. The team can then stop wasting everyones time with daily updates and statements he's going to play.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Langway
Intangibles

It seems pretty clear that Green wants to play but he's being held out for precautionary reasons but...whatever.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I also feel Green has a little to much ***** in him to be a top shelf blue liiner in the NHL, but a concussion is whole different ball of wax. Whether it was the training staffs choice, or Green's, not to play tonight I think its the right decision. 1st place in the conference is wrapped up and the Boys are playing a Panthers team that is filled with good and marginal players looking to distinguish themselves in the last game of the season. I'd rather Green not be available for some scrub Panther to try and make a name for himself.

On the flip side, it has been said by Green that he has been symptom free for 3+ weeks now. That means Green should be going into the playoffs fresh and ready to roll. With Wideman under contract next year that means no more excuses for Green if he craps the bed again in the playoffs. Put up or get shipped out is how I see things for #52.
I agree. And again, I am not making light of concussion issues. But...if he's still having those issues, then he needs to be sat down long term. I mean really, will another four days make that much of a difference to a guy that's been out for weeks?

He needs to get some rust off now. Next game is the playoffs and there's zero room for error. Say he does play in Game 1, he'll be rusty and stumbling around back there. I can't see how he'll be fresh...practicing is one thing, playing in a high intensity playoff game is another. You mention a fear of some no-name Panther going after him...what do you think a hungry 8-seed is going to do? Go right at him, esp. if he hasn't played in a long time.

I think it's a very bad idea. If he's still got concussion issues, let him rest til October. If not, get him on the ice.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

And if it's a question of the cap, and nothing else? What then?

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
then trolls can feel like a D-bag for calling NHL players B***** and P****

Old
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Then fire BB, trade Semin

Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:26 PM
bostonphoenix

Thought I would ask this here.

Who will be your goalie for the playoffs and will he be in net every night?

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:42 PM
txpd

Quote:
If it's a concussion then like I said, the team should say that and he shouldn't be even near the ice until he's ready..
you must not know that he has to participate in practice without return of symptoms before he can be cleared to play. so what you are demanding is not possible.

facts are that the Caps keep their health situation very close to the vest. WE have NO IDEA what the REAL STORY is. So, for you to ballistic like this is just a waste of your energy and emotion. The Caps expected the DR to clear him and he didnt. There was a salary cap issue. They decided to with Ovechkin and Semin not playing there would be no chance to work on the power play and no reason to risk Green. Green had a set back. The Caps were lying all along. Any of those could be the real story. Why not just wait and see?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:54 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddacey View Post
Thought I would ask this here.

Who will be your goalie for the playoffs and will he be in net every night?
Most expect Neuvirth to be the starter for game #1. Most would be shocked - based on the goalies and the coach - if the same goalie was in net every night. Boudreau is not patient with goalies.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

so many choices of good hockey tonight. NCAA D1 champ game. Canes/Tampa. and then our game

Old
04-09-2011, 02:40 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

Quote:
so many choices of good hockey tonight. NCAA D1 champ game. Canes/Tampa. and then our game

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Stewie G

EroCaps is to Semin as Molseed is to _______?

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
EroCaps is to Semin as Molseed is to _______?
About 95% of the possible responses to this question will get you suspended. lol

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote