HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last day for the rest of this team

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyHowden93* View Post
see now that doesn't make sense anymore. If the Panthers lose, we lose. If the Panthers win, they don't move up or down in the standings. This game means nothing, if you're a fan of this team you would want them to win their last game since it won't hurt our draft position.

Go Panthers!!! don't end on a huge losing streak.

(deleted)

>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
ohh , lols, ooops my bad , my silly ass didn't realize this, yeah hope we destroy them indeed

Old
04-09-2011, 08:16 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

It feels so good to cheer a Panthers goal for a change.

It feels good to have the old avatar back as well in place of tanking_frog.

I really hope I don't have to break it out again next year.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
It feels so good to cheer a Panthers goal for a change.

It feels good to have the old avatar back as well.

I really hope I don't have to break it out again next year.
Amen frog man.. Amen!

Old
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Booth.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

That's why I would trade Booth.

He needs to do for his hands what he did for his skating.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:22 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

It looked like that puck was going into the net before Booth gloved it, too.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

That shot by booth summed up the season beautifully...Nice way to go out though.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Rattrick

I don't care what we do in the off season, if we don't either bring back Vokoun or find someone comparable, is it not painfully obvious that we are gonna struggle? He's a beast!

Old
04-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

He couldn't have done that again if he tried. His hands were a bit off this season, but he still had a good season based on what happened to him last season.

04-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I don't care what we do in the off season, if we don't either bring back Vokoun or find someone comparable, is it not painfully obvious that we are gonna struggle? He's a beast!
seriously? I think you're just talking right now in the heat of the moment. Dude, we had Luongo, we've had Vokoun, if anything's been proven all these season is that it doesn't matter what goalie we have, it could be Patrick Roy, we're still going to suck. So umm yeah, it does matter what we do in the offseason, we need to develop the skaters and fill in the gaps where we need help in. In fact, if anything, the last couple of seasons in the NHL have proven that you don't need a guy like Vokoun to reach the playoffs or be successful.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
seriously? I think you're just talking right now in the heat of the moment. Dude, we had Luongo, we've had Vokoun, if anything's been proven all these season is that it doesn't matter what goalie we have, it could be Patrick Roy, we're still going to suck. So umm yeah, it does matter what we do in the offseason, we need to develop the skaters and fill in the gaps where we need help in. In fact, if anything, the last couple of seasons in the NHL have proven that you don't need a guy like Vokoun to reach the playoffs or be successful.
If they are going to go in and try to improve and make a run at the playoffs and not be a tankable team then we are going to need a solid goalie behind that team. Unlike previous years where the solid goalie just made us get the #7-#10 pick instead of the #1-#3 pick that we should/would have gotten had that goalie not been stealing games.

It seems like with the facelift that's about to occur, this team is going to be improved, but if we downgrade in net, it might all be for nothing because we see how terrible we are with ClemmenFAIL back there.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

well it looks like its that time to fire up the xbox 360 and nhl 11 where my panthers currently have a 75-3-3 record. And David booth has 88 goals and 68 assists. One can dream until october rolls around cant they.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:43 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
well it looks like its that time to fire up the xbox 360 and nhl 11 where my panthers currently have a 75-3-3 record. And David booth has 88 goals and 68 assists. One can dream until october rolls around cant they.
If only the real David Booth was actually capable of scoring on a breakaway the way he can in NHL'11

I hope he has a busy summer.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
If they are going to go in and try to improve and make a run at the playoffs and not be a tankable team then we are going to need a solid goalie behind that team. Unlike previous years where the solid goalie just made us get the #7-#10 pick instead of the #1-#3 pick that we should/would have gotten had that goalie not been stealing games.

It seems like with the facelift that's about to occur, this team is going to be improved, but if we downgrade in net, it might all be for nothing because we see how terrible we are with ClemmenFAIL back there.
I see what you're trying to say, but to be honest, I don't know why, but I feel that if we do improve the team and get someone like Emery or what not, we're not gonna fail.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Boooooth10

Fun game tonight. Pretty good crowd. The dancing banana and Gumby characters are just awesome. I hope they're back next year.

And I can't believe someone paid $1200 for Clemmensen jersey.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:42 PM
gizmo12688

Might be the last night for Deboer and Vokoun as Panthers.....

Old
04-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Panthers 20

Anyone attend the game in the lower bowl?

I thought it was a new level of tacky for the team to throw out "Little Fockers" foam fingers and Pep Boys bobbleheads instead of sticks and equipment. Really disappointing but not at all surprising, I suppose.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

I had the weirdest feeling Bill Thomas was going to score tonight. In the first period I tried to talk myself out of it since he was playing with Rissmiller, but hey, it happened. Should play lotto or something tonight.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post

I thought it was a new level of tacky for the team to throw out "Little Fockers" foam fingers and Pep Boys bobbleheads instead of sticks and equipment. Really disappointing but not at all surprising, I suppose.
I saw Weiss and Booth hand out their sticks. That's about it.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:15 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

That's embarrassing and pathetic.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Panthers 20

Yeah, Weiss and Booth gave out their sticks as they exited through the tunnel, but that was it. The arena staff promptly walked out onto the ice and started unloading boxes with the aforementioned shills. I mean, I could understand just giving out generic Stanley C. shirts and whatever, but when I waited around after the game only to catch a foam finger advertisement for a Ben Stiller flop, it felt pretty ridiculous.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Yeah, Weiss and Booth gave out their sticks as they exited through the tunnel, but that was it. The arena staff promptly walked out onto the ice and started unloading boxes with the aforementioned shills. I mean, I could understand just giving out generic Stanley C. shirts and whatever, but when I waited around after the game only to catch a foam finger advertisement for a Ben Stiller flop, it felt pretty ridiculous.
it was sad. This org does not appreciate 17 or 18000 fans coming out for a meaningless game...very few cities would put up with this crap; we support our team better then alot of cities, and they cant muster up a giveaway for each fan...

Anyway give us a winner next year and no one will give a damn...

Old
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Panthers 20

No doubt.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Pantherfan12

With all due respect to all my fellow Panther fans, this is pretty pathetic. I have only been on these boards for maybe 5 years or so, and I know I'm probably new compared to most of you but I've never heard so much whining and crying from fans about anything in my life. I saw at least a half a dozen sticks in the crowd after the game, so I don't see why people are complaining about the give aways? I saw Dadanov try to launch his stick over the boards near the bench an miss a few times,so what's the problem? We won 1-0 and people complain. We get a top 3 draft pick, which everyone here wanted this season, and we still complain about it. They gave away foam fingers, Which they didn't have to give away anything at all, and people complain. I've been here with all of you through the past ten years of crappy hockey, but seriously can we give it a rest??

Old
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
With all due respect to all my fellow Panther fans, this is pretty pathetic. I have only been on these boards for maybe 5 years or so, and I know I'm probably new compared to most of you but I've never heard so much whining and crying from fans about anything in my life. I saw at least a half a dozen sticks in the crowd after the game, so I don't see why people are complaining about the give aways? I saw Dadanov try to launch his stick over the boards near the bench an miss a few times,so what's the problem? We won 1-0 and people complain. We get a top 3 draft pick, which everyone here wanted this season, and we still complain about it. They gave away foam fingers, Which they didn't have to give away anything at all, and people complain. I've been here with all of you through the past ten years of crappy hockey, but seriously can we give it a rest??
I've gotta agree with you, all the players interviewed thought the fans were having a great time and showing great support, it looked like the fans were having a great time, and it seemed like a good atmosphere in the building at the end, something at least minutely positive after this kind of season. Can we just enjoy the victory, as pathetic as it is?

Closed Thread