HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs (8) New York Rangers

View Poll Results: Round 1: Washington Capitals (1) vs. New York Rangers (8)
Capitals in 4 43 5.22%
Capitals in 5 217 26.33%
Capitals in 6 208 25.24%
Capitals in 7 54 6.55%
Rangers in 4 8 0.97%
Rangers in 5 17 2.06%
Rangers in 6 130 15.78%
Rangers in 7 147 17.84%
Voters: 824. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
So you are making fun of Rangers players, by creating an embarrassing song. Spending 20 minutes of your life, doing something like that, is clearly an attempt to upset/annoy people. Otherwise, you would have only posted it on Washington's boards, where you guys could have had a good laugh.

Unless you have no sense of reality, you would understand that a song like that would bother Rangers fans.
That is essentially it.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:18 AM
mrv52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx capsfan View Post
The Rangers played a good 2nd, and an above average 3rd. Their 1st wasn't good at all. A few defensive break downs, and costly give aways. But, King did his job by either robbing Backstrom (still find it crazy he was smart enough to pull his trail leg through) for forcing Caps shooters to try and thread the needle and hit two posts in 30 seconds.

Rangers (Torts) has to do much better minute management I think. Game 1 is not the only game in this series that will go to OT, and he needs his top D-Pair to be fresher. They played A LOT.
This is just not an option. The Rangers are simply not deep enought and Torts, rightfully so, knows it. Torts knows what he is doing, he just doesnt have the horses to do it.

Again, the only way they win this series is to run Staal and Giradi into the ground and let Hank be Hank.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
He may even want to shuffle the pairing so they can play more minutes.
Having Girardi and Staal play 35 minutes is insane.

Staal-Sauer
McDonagh-Girardi

Two pairs that can log 25 mins each, and then you can put on McCabe and Gilroy for the residual.
You really can't ask anyone other than Staal to log those minutes and reasonably expect anything other than failure. That's why team's don't roll two pairs. The Flyers tried it last year and even they couldn't pull it off, with significantly more talent.

You need a 3rd pairing, and the Rangers depth is getting exposed right now.

04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
mrv52

Quote:
He may even want to shuffle the pairing so they can play more minutes.
Having Girardi and Staal play 35 minutes is insane.

Staal-Sauer
McDonagh-Girardi

Two pairs that can log 25 mins each, and then you can put on McCabe and Gilroy for the residual.
This is actually not a bad idea. Just need to stay out of the box and work the matchups. They may have better success with this at home.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
IceBjoern

Quote:
So you are making fun of Rangers players, by creating an embarrassing song. Spending 20 minutes of your life, doing something like that, is clearly an attempt to upset/annoy people. Otherwise, you would have only posted it on Washington's boards, where you guys could have had a good laugh.

Unless you have no sense of reality, you would understand that a song like that would bother Rangers fans.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I hope I didn't ruin your day...

Old
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
gsx capsfan

Send a message via AIM to gsx capsfan Send a message via Yahoo to gsx capsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrv52 View Post
This is just not an option. The Rangers are simply not deep enought and Torts, rightfully so, knows it. Torts knows what he is doing, he just doesnt have the horses to do it.

Again, the only way they win this series is to run Staal and Giradi into the ground and let Hank be Hank.
I was just about to ask how much faith does Torts have in his #5 and #6 D-Men.

Over playing 1-4 (Especially 1 and 2) may be the downfall of the rangers later in the series. It's definitely a huge cause for concern for the Rangers in regards of going all the way.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:

Over playing 1-4 (Especially 1 and 2) may be the downfall of the rangers later in the series. It's definitely a huge cause for concern for the Rangers in regards of going all the way.
He doesn't have any... Although I think McCabe may be able to be relied on more - he is used to playing big minutes. McCabe, Eminger could probably be trusted more than McCabe Gilroy.

Maybe call up Redden and play McCabe-Redden nostalgia pairing...

Old
04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:

McCabe and Gilroy are complete defensive liabilities. McCabe only brings his power play skills and Gilroy, well, he's supposed to bring offense, but usually doesn't.

What I would do, is split up that second pairing and put McCabe with Sauer and Gilroy with McD. Those guys can't be relied on a pairing together because they just aren't defensive enough, that's why Torts runs our other guys into the ground.

Old
04-15-2011, 11:52 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
McCabe and Gilroy are complete defensive liabilities. McCabe only brings his power play skills and Gilroy, well, he's supposed to bring offense, but usually doesn't.

What I would do, is split up that second pairing and put McCabe with Sauer and Gilroy with McD. Those guys can't be relied on a pairing together because they just aren't defensive enough, that's why Torts runs our other guys into the ground.
I think McCabe could probably relied on more. He was decent in Florida. Gilroy definitely not. Its just too bad we don't have a 6th guy who can play decent defense. It would have been nice to try Kundratek or Valentenko in the NHL to see if they could actually play. One may have been a surprise.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I think McCabe could probably relied on more. He was decent in Florida. Gilroy definitely not. Its just too bad we don't have a 6th guy who can play decent defense. It would have been nice to try Kundratek or Valentenko in the NHL to see if they could actually play. One may have been a surprise.
McCabe has no foot speed and it was clearly exposed last game. Neither him or Gilroy are reliable at even strength or penalty killing.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Funkyalligator

Just out of curiosity since I haven't followed eminger much since he left the caps has he really been that bad for NY? I thought he played top 4 minutes for Phoenix.

Old
04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkyalligator View Post
Just out of curiosity since I haven't followed eminger much since he left the caps has he really been that bad for NY? I thought he played top 4 minutes for Phoenix.
He was pretty bad at the start of the year, then in the middle became a pretty good 3rd pairing guy. Basically out of the blue, Torts lost faith in him and his minutes dropped along with his game. IMO, down the stretch, he wasn't bad, when he played, but he sat out the last game of the year, which we won and Torts generally goes with the lineup that gives us the win.

Overall, I've liked his play, but he's much more suitable for a here and there 7th role, rather than an everyday 3rd pairing guy. I, personally, would rather have him playing over Gilroy in the playoffs though. His physical game has been pretty good and he's much more defensively minded.

Old
04-15-2011, 02:23 PM
bgroban

Quote:
They played over 30 minutes each and had a great game. When you're on the ice that much you're likely to be on if a goal occurs. I have a sense of humor, considering i work in the comedy business, but your constant rant against these two players has produced nothing funny and should have been posted on your teams forum, considering it was so biased.

You were strictly posting in here to stir up **** with rangers fans. That's called trolling.
Bad IceBjoern! To the naughty corner you go!

Old
04-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

IceBjoern why don't you leave Sweden and come to North America?........ All your best hockey players do.

Old
04-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Continue on here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...1#post32403661