HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: #3 Boston Bruins vs #6 Montreal Canadiens - Rivalry Renewed - Series Discussion

View Poll Results: Who wins the series
Bruins in 4 18 5.98%
Bruins in 5 79 26.25%
Bruins in 6 118 39.20%
Bruins in 7 20 6.64%
Canadiens in 4 11 3.65%
Canadiens in 5 7 2.33%
Canadiens in 6 39 12.96%
Canadiens in 7 9 2.99%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2011, 10:50 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Oh look at habs fan trying to tell us that our team is slow, must of missed that 7-0 drubbing. Isn't it sad that all they have to grasp at is this so called "speed"?
One single game in the middle of our worst slum of the year is entirely representative of the track record between both our teams?

Our team wasn't playing at all at the time. Don't bet on a repeat of that devastating game.

Anyway, hope no injuries on either side! Let's have good hockey, amazing saves and better goals!

Old
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I strongly disagree with this statement. Your best game against the Habs was last one when you guys only cared about playing hockey. The other win, the 8-6 Brawlfest, it was still a close game where both goalies sucked. It could've gone one side or the other. Anyway, I came here to wish you a good series, not like Habs-B's tend to suck but...

Enjoy!

first of all welcome, I love people from other teams who post and hate talk of this type of cross board stuff being banned.

So, with all due respect, I think you are misreading last game. There were no fights because the habs were so clearly intimidated and wanted nothing more than to get the game over with. The bruins didn't have to fight them, hell they couldn't fight them, habs had no interest.

I know that sounds inflammatory but it was only 1 game and I don't think there is any way habs come out so timid in the playoffs. They won't fight the bruins but they won't back down from the hitting anf the chirping, especially at home.

They will try to use bruins toughness against them by goading bruins into stupid penalties.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 883
I voted Habs in 7 but I think I'm a bit biased

As long as we don't get swept or in 5, I'll be happy. You know this will sound crazy but I MIGHT root for whichever team wins the series in round 2. I somehow don't hate the Bruins as much as I should!

Good luck, have fun and don't call 911!

EDIT: We all know Chara will be booed BIG time in game 3, what are your opinions about it? Think it will give him some more motivation or might play in his head? Since he was already booed, not sure it'll affect him in any way.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:11 PM
masterquan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
I voted Habs in 7 but I think I'm a bit biased

As long as we don't get swept or in 5, I'll be happy. You know this will sound crazy but I MIGHT root for whichever team wins the series in round 2. I somehow don't hate the Bruins as much as I should!

Good luck, have fun and don't call 911!

EDIT: We all know Chara will be booed BIG time in game 3, what are your opinions about it? Think it will give him some more motivation or might play in his head? Since he was already booed, not sure it'll affect him in any way.
honestly i think with what the big man had to go through in that situation,is going to bring out the best zee we've seen all year,hes going to be a monster,and looking for heavy hits,thats honestly what i think and not a biased opinion

Old
04-09-2011, 11:26 PM
CamFan81
Derp

In Boston (playoffs)
price is 1-4
.905 Save % & 3.20 G/A

In Montreal (playoffs)
Thomas is 3-2-1
.914 Save % & 2.66 G/A

Old
04-09-2011, 11:42 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
MONTREAL CANADIENS PROJECT LINES
Andrei Kostitsyn - Tomas Plekanec - Michael Cammalleri
Mathieu Darche - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Benoit Pouliot - Jeff Halpern - Tom Pyatt
David Desharnais - Lars Eller - Ryan White

Jaroslav Spacek - P.K. Subban
Roman Hamrlik - James Wisniewski
Paul Mara - Brent Sopel

Carey Price
Alex Auld
Not really... I think you forgot a few players (Gill, Moen). Expect something like this :

MONTREAL CANADIENS PROJECT LINES
Andrei Kostitsyn - Tomas Plekanec - Michael Cammalleri
Mathieu Darche - Scott Gomez - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Lars Eller - Jeff Halpern
Benoit Pouliot - David Desharnais - Ryan White/Tom Pyatt

Hal Gill - P.K. Subban
Roman Hamrlik - James Wisniewski
Jaroslav Spacek - Brent Sopel/Paul Mara

Carey Price
Alex Auld

Old
04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
BruinDust

The Bruins are the 2nd best defensive team this season, up against a team that only a few games ago was shutout almost 12 consecutive periods. I say Bruins in 5, provided Thomas can have at least one decent game in the Bell Centre. Anything less than a series victory would be a travesty.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Gonna be a tough physical and emotional series. I'll say B's in 7. They have to show up here. What a series this will be.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:21 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
17th voter for the Bruins in 6!

I only said 6 because I think Boston will take the foot off the gas pedal a little. It always happens with this team.

I see the Habs playing The Off Chara Side, with no one carrying the puck down his side or blocking his shots.

If he breaks one of the Habs' leg with his shot will the referees give him an attempt to injure penalty.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:28 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Chara is going to be a monster in this series

the Habs media and their fans awoke the sleeping giant... expect to see an aggressive man possessed

Old
04-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Seguins Dragon*

Old
04-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't like this matchup for us.

I don't like their speed. I don't like the way they're able to get favorable calls. I don't like their special teams. And I don't like how hard it's been for the B's to win in MTL these last two years...

And as a fan, I don't like all the stress and emotion that goes into these series...

04-10-2011, 12:29 AM
JackZap

ill be honest sick of seeing habs-bruins. seems we cant get away from each other

Old
04-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
This is definitely going to be the best series in the first round. Can't beat a bitter rivalry in the postseason

Old
04-10-2011, 12:32 AM
SpeedyLazaro

I'm sick of Sox-Yankees

I'll never get sick of Habs-Bruins ... the hate is just too much .. it's unhealthy really

Old
04-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Really looking forward to this series. Not going to vote on a specific team to win, but will say this series goes 6 games. Good luck to be teams, and let the real season start!

Old
04-10-2011, 12:35 AM
FutureConsiderations

Boston in 5. Should be Habs in 7, but it'll be a spirited battle and Thomas will stand on his head to win a few games.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:36 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
I'm sick of Sox-Yankees

I'll never get sick of Habs-Bruins ... the hate is just too much .. it's unhealthy really
100% agree. You see Ortiz and Cano playing grabass, Youk and A-Rod joking around, Jeter and Pedroia yucking it up at the all-star game, but you'll never see any of that between a Bruin and a Hab.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:38 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post

I don't like their speed. I don't like the way they're able to get favorable calls. I don't like their special teams. And I don't like how hard it's been for the B's to win in MTL these last two years...

And as a fan, I don't like all the stress and emotion that goes into these series...
I like this matchup a lot more than Buffalo. A lot more.

I think the Bruins proved in the last 3 games that if they play their game, they'll beat Montreal. If they try to play Montreal's game, if they don't play to their strengths, they'll lose like they did in between the two blowouts.

A game with lots of penalties called will benefit Montreal a great deal, even if the calls are even. There should be fewer calls in the playoffs as there usually are, unless the league decides to meddle with the officials again. The B's can't score on the PP and can't kill penalties vs Montreal, but they're hands down the better team even strength and its not even close.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
100% agree. You see Ortiz and Cano playing grabass, Youk and A-Rod joking around, Jeter and Pedroia yucking it up at the all-star game, but you'll never see any of that between a Bruin and a Hab.
We almost did, at this year's All Star game. Thomas kept the feud alive though, by completely ignoring Price, while he was attempting to make conversation.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:45 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
We almost did, at this year's All Star game. Thomas kept the feud alive though, by completely ignoring Price, while he was attempting to make conversation.
That was pretty awkward to see, truth be told. I think TimTom was just trying to take it all in while Carey was trying to schmooze the elder statesman. I felt bad for Price, since he was just trying to be friendly and all, but Timmy was like a kid at DisneyWorld.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

Oh Bill. It's only worse if the Bruins lose. Then it's WAY worse.

It's going to feel good when they when, though. But not like... I don't think it's going to be anything like beating the Habs in the past. It'll be emotional. It'll be satisfying. But there's not going to be a single Bruins fan who is going to shrug their shoulders and say "at least we beat Montreal" if they bow out in Round Two. I think as fans, our expectations are beyond that.

The Habs are a stepping stone to more success. I say, let's enjoy that while it lasts.

If the Bruins lose, of course... Well, Hell rains down and puppies weep and TVs and dreams are broken. The "high" of winning however? Not as high as it would be in many other seasons.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:50 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:

While I agree with what you say, I'll counter:

The trap is meant to neutralize speed. Boston has faced speedier teams and performed better than they have against Montreal, which leads me to my next point:

Those calls have a way of disappearing once the spotlight is really on that one matchup. You know this series is a powderkeg, and the league knows it too. The lid will remain tightly in place, forcing each team to either drop the gloves or play it cool. This favors Boston, as more Bruins are willing to go to blows than Habs.

While I would normally agree with you that in a playoff series, the Habs would take it over the Bruins, in the first round I think it still favors Boston. There's still that physical edge, there's still fighting, and there's still that sting of the whupping Boston gave them twice in the last two games.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

Are you predicting a Montreal win?

Old
04-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Barresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
He gets booed in a lot of buildings, he must be used to it by now.

Closed Thread