HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: #3 Boston Bruins vs #6 Montreal Canadiens - Rivalry Renewed - Series Discussion

View Poll Results: Who wins the series
Bruins in 4 18 5.98%
Bruins in 5 79 26.25%
Bruins in 6 118 39.20%
Bruins in 7 20 6.64%
Canadiens in 4 11 3.65%
Canadiens in 5 7 2.33%
Canadiens in 6 39 12.96%
Canadiens in 7 9 2.99%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 01:11 AM
TITAN126
u got a big dome, eh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
EDIT: We all know Chara will be booed BIG time in game 3, what are your opinions about it? Think it will give him some more motivation or might play in his head? Since he was already booed, not sure it'll affect him in any way.
I think it will make him play better. After "The Hit" he stepped up his game and was a monster. I think he'll do the same for all the games in Montreal.

Old
04-10-2011, 01:16 AM
TrueBlue86

you guys better beat the toilet seats

bruins in 5

Old
04-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm betting Bruins in 6 due to the home ice advantage, but who knows what will happen between these two teams. The way I look at it the Bruins can't lose. Win and they move on, lose and Claude and his silly systems are gone.

Old
04-10-2011, 03:26 AM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Don't forget to factor in that Kabby is a Hab killer

Old
04-10-2011, 04:12 AM
tom nuetten

bruins in 5

Old
04-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Bruins in 4.

No reason why Montreal can win.

Bruins are too big, too fast, too skilled, too deep and have a goalie that had one of the best years in the history of the NHL for his position.

Experts have the Bruins as cup contenders while Montreal is not.

Many placed Boston at the top of the conference before the season started while Montreal was bordering on a playoff spot.

Boston are huge favorites. It's the Bruins to lose.
Ive seen this before.

Habs fans set it up like they have no chance, so that if they end up winning, they get to gloat how they should have had no chance to win.

I remember seeing this crap from habs fans in 07-08, after we came back from being 3-1 down, Habs fans were on our boards conceding game 7.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:18 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

I say Bruins in 6 . It could see it going either way however. Any Habs or Bruins fans saying that the B's are Huge favorites are just looney.

This is the Habs/B's rivalry nothing is a given when these two teams meet.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 110
All of the matchups scare me but the Habs are the one I would have picked for the B's to play against.

I say B's in six but who knows. Our boys will need to play their "A" game for 60 min. every game.

I am not looking forward to all of the drama queen crap coming form Montreal.

Poor Z.

OK...I am off to a swimming pool store to purchase a "No Diving" sign.

04-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaix View Post
I voted Habs in 7 but I think I'm a bit biased

As long as we don't get swept or in 5, I'll be happy. You know this will sound crazy but I MIGHT root for whichever team wins the series in round 2. I somehow don't hate the Bruins as much as I should!

Good luck, have fun and don't call 911!

EDIT: We all know Chara will be booed BIG time in game 3, what are your opinions about it? Think it will give him some more motivation or might play in his head? Since he was already booed, not sure it'll affect him in any way.

Z has been playing some of his best hockey this season since "the hit".

Montreal will boo him (they always did anyway) and that will make the Bruin's fans support and cheer him all the more.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:57 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
All of the matchups scare me but the Habs are the one I would have picked for the B's to play against.

I say B's in six but who knows. Our boys will need to play their "A" game for 60 min. every game.

I am not looking forward to all of the drama queen crap coming form Montreal.

Poor Z.

OK...I am off to a swimming pool store to purchase a "No Diving" sign.
Just make sure it's in english and french.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeanie33 View Post
Just make sure it's in english and french.
I don't think I will find one in French in Southern NH.

I THINK they will understand the English.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:01 AM
misterjaggers

I'd like to see Kampfer used in this series.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:06 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
I strongly disagree with this statement. Your best game against the Habs was last one when you guys only cared about playing hockey. The other win, the 8-6 Brawlfest, it was still a close game where both goalies sucked. It could've gone one side or the other. Anyway, I came here to wish you a good series, not like Habs-B's tend to suck but...

Enjoy!
The 8-6 game wasn`t a "brawlfest" until after the score had been settled, up to that point, the teams were trading goals which isn`t wise for the Bruins to try to do. The scraps at the end only forced your boys to hide and retreat as they have a tendency to do when things get away from their comfort level which definitely isn`t the rough stuff.

Good Luck

Old
04-10-2011, 06:10 AM
BruinsPortugal

Not gonna be easy but what playoff game is?

Play like you want it, play big and everything should be fine.
We should beat them in 4 but as long as we beat them, i really dont care how they do it.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:29 AM
drd73

Gonna be a great series won't be easy for the bruins but the way to beat them is the same way we did in our last game against them,before that game everyone[outside of boston]said the only way we could beat them was by gooning it up,well we proved in that game that wasn't the case and if we played juliens system for 60 minutes we could beat them.The line that i think will do the best in this series will be our 3rd line,kelly knows montreal very well,ryder being the ex-hab and playing for a new contract,and peverley who is feeling more comfortable in juliens system by the day,this line has speed,a former 30 goal scorer with a wicked wrister,solid defensivly plus plenty of veteran experience.I predict the bruins will win in 6 this series will be physical,emotional,pretty much everything you'd want in a playoff series,gonna be a circus with plenty of game within a game situations,if the bruins can keep they're emotions in check and play juliens system for a full 60 minutes we'll be ok if not it'll be another chapter to haunt us bruins fans,hopefully the hockey gods are on our side

Old
04-10-2011, 06:56 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If that is what your going by I would re-think your thought process.

Last year both of our starters were the back-ups behind Rask and Halak. Both players rebounded to have great years, both are probably 2 of the top 3 goalies this year.

Goaltending will be a factor, but it will come down to Montreal being able to play their speed game, or Boston able to hit and slow down the Habs to play their game.

Should be a good series.

I have the Habs in 6, no one is expecting a series win from the Habs. So no pressure.
No, one is the indisputable best goalie in the league and one gave up 5 goals when he played us 2 weeks. ago. But if you want to go back to last season's playoffs, why not go back to the previous year:

No pressure on the habs... let's recall that carey price got booed on September 23. There's no pressure in April?

No predictions from me, but I am psyched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
Chara is going to be a monster in this series

the Habs media and their fans awoke the sleeping giant... expect to see an aggressive man possessed
Yup, Chara and Looch, I hope -- I would love our "goons" to come up big. They have such Looch envy! Habs fan who lost the bet and wore this avi was only too happy to. Hardly even in the closet about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Really looking forward to this series. Not going to vote on a specific team to win, but will say this series goes 6 games. Good luck to be teams, and let the real season start!
Hey Crimson, **** or get off the pot, man. You can't love everybody equally in this series. Pick a side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I like this matchup a lot more than Buffalo. A lot more.
Me too. Flyers are going to suffer, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

The Habs are a stepping stone to more success. I say, let's enjoy that while it lasts.

If the Bruins lose, of course... Well, Hell rains down and puppies weep and TVs and dreams are broken. The "high" of winning however? Not as high as it would be in many other seasons.
let's pace ourselves.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:15 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
Ive seen this before.

Habs fans set it up like they have no chance, so that if they end up winning, they get to gloat how they should have had no chance to win.

I remember seeing this crap from habs fans in 07-08, after we came back from being 3-1 down, Habs fans were on our boards conceding game 7.
Yep, I remember that too. I remember responding the whole "congrats Bruins on the series win, you're going to own us in game 7" with some vitriol.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:18 AM
Coors9

There's no way I'd take them lightly. Let's just hope to hell we'll kick their ass. That's about it, go Bruins.......

Old
04-10-2011, 08:34 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
No, one is the indisputable best goalie in the league and one gave up 5 goals when he played us 2 weeks. ago. But if you want to go back to last season's playoffs, why not go back to the previous year:

No pressure on the habs... let's recall that carey price got booed on September 23. There's no pressure in April?

No predictions from me, but I am psyched.

Yup, Chara and Looch, I hope -- I would love our "goons" to come up big. They have such Looch envy! Habs fan who lost the bet and wore this avi was only too happy to. Hardly even in the closet about it.

Hey Crimson, **** or get off the pot, man. You can't love everybody equally in this series. Pick a side.

Me too. Flyers are going to suffer, I think.

let's pace ourselves.

Jeebus, soosh - you are PSYCHED. I don't think I've ever seen so much trash-talking out of you!

In their last 3 meetings, Boston has scored 16 goals, almost all of them on Price. I don't buy the argument that the Habs are simply too skilled or too quick. If this were the ECF, maybe I'd buy it, but it's the first round, where the play is just like the regular season on steroids. A goalie who turns into a sieve against Boston and an inability to match the Bruins physically doesn't bode well for the Habs.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Jeebus, soosh - you are PSYCHED. I don't think I've ever seen so much trash-talking out of you!

In their last 3 meetings, Boston has scored 16 goals, almost all of them on Price. I don't buy the argument that the Habs are simply too skilled or too quick. If this were the ECF, maybe I'd buy it, but it's the first round, where the play is just like the regular season on steroids. A goalie who turns into a sieve against Boston and an inability to match the Bruins physically doesn't bode well for the Habs.
Last 3 meetings? Overall, price was very good against us. Reducing the sample to 3 games is misleading. Looking at Thomas stats (overall ) against Montreal give you a more accurate picture. This series is far and away from being an easy ride or a done deal..

Old
04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Savynquick*

I voted Bruins in 7. This is going to be a serious war. People giving Montreal way too little credit saying in 4 or 5. No chance this year it only goes 4 or 5.

Whole series comes down to who between Price and Thomas can steal games. But I expect both of them to face insane amounts of rubber on an uncharacteristically high amount of penalties called on both teams.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:51 AM
22Brad Park

Bruins have to play with anger and finish all their checks to win this.Special teams are huge here.Keep habs off PP and its over .Thats habs only chance.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:51 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers View Post
I'd like to see Kampfer used in this series.
He got hurt last night in springfield, So i doubt he'll even play in the first round

Old
04-10-2011, 09:52 AM
NinthSpoke06

One positive about playing the Habs in the first round on a Thursday/Saturday matchup?

We can be almost 100% sure that there will be no Saturday matinee game because CBC wants the Habs on HNIC.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Greatest Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
He got hurt last night in springfield, So i doubt he'll even play in the first round
It's called Bruins

Closed Thread