HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF: (2) Philadelphia Flyers vs (7) Buffalo Sabres

Old
04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Best postseason preview for the Flyers.
Bob Probert approves.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Gert B Frobe

Most fans on the main board obviously hate the Flyers and want Buffalo to win just because they want the Flyers to lose. Most posters also state that not only do they want Buffalo to win but they also believe they WILL win. Tyler Myers is a younger version of Chara, Gerbe is a younger version of Theo Fleury but even better and Jordan frickin Leopold is suddenly an awesome defenseman.

It's really laughable (and great IMO) how hated the Flyers are all over both the US and Canada and downright disgusting how the Penguins are Canada's version of the Dallas Cowboys. If you grew up in Toronto and didn't have the spine to stick by your team win or lose - you became a Penguins fan - which is just disgraceful. Or they became your "2nd favorite" team - as if that were possible.

In Philly - you're a Philly fan unless you were born and raised somewhere else. That's just the way it is. If you're from Harrisburg or Allentown or wherever and you're a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys and Penguins then you are a FRAUD and I have no respect for you.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Most fans on the main board obviously hate the Flyers and want Buffalo to win just because they want the Flyers to lose. Most posters also state that not only do they want Buffalo to win but they also believe they WILL win. Tyler Myers is a younger version of Chara, Gerbe is a younger version of Theo Fleury but even better and Jordan frickin Leopold is suddenly an awesome defenseman.

It's really laughable (and great IMO) how hated the Flyers are all over both the US and Canada and downright disgusting how the Penguins are Canada's version of the Dallas Cowboys. If you grew up in Toronto and didn't have the spine to stick by your team win or lose - you became a Penguins fan - which is just disgraceful. Or they became your "2nd favorite" team - as if that were possible.

In Philly - you're a Philly fan unless you were born and raised somewhere else. That's just the way it is. If you're from Harrisburg or Allentown or wherever and you're a fan of the Yankees, Cowboys and Penguins then you are a FRAUD and I have no respect for you.
I am from canada and have been a diehard flyers fan since childhood. (lindros) But I know what you mean, lots of pens fans even where I live, they probably don't even know what offside is but they are pens fans...

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Pretty sure the King said something like that about the colonies.

Worked well for him though, so I see where you're coming from.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:47 AM
TheCommonMan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Miller has never really "shut down" the flyers and in his last regular season game against columbus he looked bad.
He shut the Flyers out in the last period in the playoff clinching game, and let in 1 goal against Columbus, the he left half way through the game and enroth let in 3.

But he "looked bad" making 20 saves on 21 shots in Columbus? Did he? Or did you not see a minute of it, look at the score and assume he played the whole game?

TheCommonMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 08:52 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:

Im from the Harrisburg area and am a Philly sports fan all around. The types of fans in this area are really odd.... We have a high rate of people that are Steelers/Pens/Phillies fans, makes me sick.

I give them **** for jumping on the Phillies bandwagon, but they all have some lame story about their allegiance to the Phils. The best part is that they talk trash on Eagles/Flyers fans for being stupid, rude, throwing batteries, santa, etc..., the usual..... BUT THEY CLAIM TO BE PHILLIES FANS!

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:03 PM
kicksave27

I don't like loosing to teams with annoying announcers, mike lange with the pens, and whomever the yelling idiot is for the sabres. Sounds like he's having a mark howe/marsh peg incident every time they score. That and the lets go buff-a-lo hooked on phonics chant is only slightly less annoying than the tomahawk chop. I know coatsey definitely hates it when they get the sabres in the playoffs, his rants on radio back in the day about how boring of a city it is are just epic.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:20 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommonMan View Post
He shut the Flyers out in the last period in the playoff clinching game, and let in 1 goal against Columbus, the he left half way through the game and enroth let in 3.

But he "looked bad" making 20 saves on 21 shots in Columbus? Did he? Or did you not see a minute of it, look at the score and assume he played the whole game?
Even with that 1 period "shutout" his GAA against us this year is 3.60. Try again Common Man!

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Most fans on the main board
There was your first mistake.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Larry44

Quote:
I am from canada and have been a diehard flyers fan since childhood. (lindros) But I know what you mean, lots of pens fans even where I live, they probably don't even know what offside is but they are pens fans...
If you are a Pens' fan, you don't need to know what offside is, half the time they don't call it on them anyway. Penalties either. They got away with murder last night. Orpik could get sent to the box twice per shift, but, as usual, they let him do whatever he wants.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Crossbar Ping

Only thing Im worried about is our goalie(s).....

Dont make me have an epic face palm in the mf'n PLAYOFFS PLEASE!!!

Crossbar Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:51 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
If you are a Pens' fan, you don't need to know what offside is, half the time they don't call it on them anyway. Penalties either. They got away with murder last night. Orpik could get sent to the box twice per shift, but, as usual, they let him do whatever he wants.
not to mention St. Louis getting 2 teeth knocked out by an errant stick with no call

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Ychocky

Quote:

I grew up in Allentown, PA and I AM NOT A FRAUD!

Go Flyers!

Ychocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoverCarle View Post
not to mention St. Louis getting 2 teeth knocked out by an errant stick with no call
At first I thought he missed it, but replay he is staring right at the slash to the face, just ****ing pathetic. Later in the game stick grazes Letang's chin and arms start flailing and down he goes, 2 minn PP for Pens. I know the Pens PP sucks, but tought to get in a flow when you are sh'd every 10 mins, BRUTAL !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I'm still sticking with Flyers in 3. This Buffalo team is horrible.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Well, onto the next game. I'd like to see people getting to the net and taking shots. That'd be nice.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I don't like loosing to teams with annoying announcers, mike lange with the pens, and whomever the yelling idiot is for the sabres. Sounds like he's having a mark howe/marsh peg incident every time they score. That and the lets go buff-a-lo hooked on phonics chant is only slightly less annoying than the tomahawk chop. I know coatsey definitely hates it when they get the sabres in the playoffs, his rants on radio back in the day about how boring of a city it is are just epic.
Ugh, Mike Lange has to be the most annoying announcer ever. His sayings make no sense. "Pack up the stage coach, Margaret, it's raining marshmallows!" or "Gouge my eye out with a pencil!" or "Here comes Peter Cottontail, but where's the ranch dressing?" I have no idea if his statements are positive, negative, or even what the context is.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Down here in Alabama, it is the same. If a person knows what hockey is, he is a Penguin fan, and he for sure doesn't know what offside is.

Old
04-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
Ugh, Mike Lange has to be the most annoying announcer ever. His sayings make no sense. "Pack up the stage coach, Margaret, it's raining marshmallows!" or "Gouge my eye out with a pencil!" or "Here comes Peter Cottontail, but where's the ranch dressing?" I have no idea if his statements are positive, negative, or even what the context is.
Sometimes you gotta eat the grass with a clown, you know?

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Sometimes you gotta eat the grass with a clown, you know?
That's a good one!

Old
04-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Its hard for me to complain about the coach, but he kept matching Briere's line, in conjunction with the Syvret Carle pairing, against Gaustad's line, and they were getting dominated physically. It eventually lead to the goal, and it was frustrating to watch.

As of right now I have the same feeling I did against Boston. That we are the better team, we played the better game, and we will win the series. But if the pp doesn't pick it up we could see another series like the one against Ottawa about 10 years ago where we scored like 2 goals all series.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Its hard for me to complain about the coach, but he kept matching Briere's line, in conjunction with the Syvret Carle pairing, against Gaustad's line, and they were getting dominated physically. It eventually lead to the goal, and it was frustrating to watch.

As of right now I have the same feeling I did against Boston. That we are the better team, we played the better game, and we will win the series. But if the pp doesn't pick it up we could see another series like the one against Ottawa about 10 years ago where we scored like 2 goals all series.
I had to look up that Syvret-Carle thing, because I couldn't remember seeing them on the ice together all that often. If I've read the Time-On-Ice report from NHL.com correctly, I've just skimmed it - I am in a bit of a hurry here, they had one shift together in the first period, two in the second and then the shift they got scored on in the third. That's it.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
MountainHawk

Pronger out for game 3, Boosh in, according to Sam C.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 11:43 AM
dookie88

JVR is climbing in my favorite player rankings.
He's looking so strong out there.
He's becoming exactly the player the Flyer can use: big strong, mean, fast, skilled. Erik Cole anyone?

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I love how Pronger's injury goes from missing "3-4 weeks" on March 8th, and now it's been well over a month.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote