HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fix what Ails the Kings....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2011, 12:15 AM
  #76
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
A. Relax
B. I would do Simmonds + Hickey + any other picks and prospect we need to throw for Semin
C. DD and JJ really aren't paired up as often as u make it out to be...
D. Bernier is better at rebound control, position, and at making the first save. plus he is younger and has more potential
A.) Always relaxed, thanks for checking though....appreciate it

B.) Simmonds, Hickey, and picks/prospects for 1 year of Semin, meh, I can see why you would do that, not sure why Washington would.

C.) Sure they are, they are paired up on the PP, and at the end of games when we need goals, again, at when else would you like our two best offensive Dmen, paired, on a penalty kill?

D) Bernier, yes rebound control, position I think they are equal with Quick relying more on his reflexes, and first save, meh, yet Quick is better in traffic, better reading the play, makes the tough save 90% of the time, by the way, younger and more potential, how does that translate into success in the NHL? Isn't that the line that people used for Jaime Storr for years upon years, upon years?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
  #77
kingdoughty
Registered User
 
kingdoughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
A.) Always relaxed, thanks for checking though....appreciate it

B.) Simmonds, Hickey, and picks/prospects for 1 year of Semin, meh, I can see why you would do that, not sure why Washington would.

C.) Sure they are, they are paired up on the PP, and at the end of games when we need goals, again, at when else would you like our two best offensive Dmen, paired, on a penalty kill?

D) Bernier, yes rebound control, position I think they are equal with Quick relying more on his reflexes, and first save, meh, yet Quick is better in traffic, better reading the play, makes the tough save 90% of the time, by the way, younger and more potential, how does that translate into success in the NHL? Isn't that the line that people used for Jaime Storr for years upon years, upon years?
didnt know he only had 1 year on his contract...maybe we should just get him as a rental then at the trade deadline. and im sorry, but they arent paired up as often as ur making out to be. until the end of the year they were only together on the pp...only recently have i seen them paired at the end of the game when down, which i like. i think the only thing quick is better at is athleticism/making that crazy 2nd or 3rd save

and dont u ever compare bernier to storr that is blasphemy

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:23 AM
  #78
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Fire Kompon. That would take care of 50% of the problem immediately. The other 50%? Hire a competent offensive coordinator that can complement Murray and teach the kids a contemporary offensive system.
And there is the golden ticket comment right there.

Question, can we possibly re-hire our last assistant coach? Or who could we hire that would be a nice offensive assistant coach for the team? I can understand the value of keeping Murray but Kompon I thought would have been booted out a looooooong time ago.

kd, no reason for Washington to trade Semin at the deadline, they are trying to win the cup, not downgrade with picks/prospects/3rd liners.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:26 AM
  #79
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoughty View Post
didnt know he only had 1 year on his contract...maybe we should just get him as a rental then at the trade deadline. and im sorry, but they arent paired up as often as ur making out to be. until the end of the year they were only together on the pp...only recently have i seen them paired at the end of the game when down, which i like. i think the only thing quick is better at is athleticism/making that crazy 2nd or 3rd save

and dont u ever compare bernier to storr that is blasphemy
Storr was young and had potential and certain fans wanted to hand him the job.

Bernier you just said was youg and has potential....

I am saying, just being young and having potential doesn't translate into success.

Quicker makes the 2nd/3rd save much easier, he is tougher mentally, he has better reflexes, and he thinks the game better...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
  #80
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Bernier, yes rebound control, position I think they are equal with Quick relying more on his reflexes, and first save, meh, yet Quick is better in traffic, better reading the play, makes the tough save 90% of the time, by the way, younger and more potential, how does that translate into success in the NHL? Isn't that the line that people used for Jaime Storr for years upon years, upon years?
... Storr is a bad example to use, as his numbers weren't anywhere near as good in the minors as Bernier's were.

Bernier in the AHL: 134 games including playoffs, .926 save pct. (3529-3813)
Storr in the AHL/IHL: 150 games including playoffs, .897 save pct. (3833-4271)

Storr was a classic case of the hype exceeding the level of talent, in my view. Also, Storr didn't get to play in 40+ games until his SIXTH season in the NHL - far too slow for my liking. Hopefully, Bernier will get a chance to play in 40+ next season. He's ready; hell he's been ready.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:38 AM
  #81
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Storr is a bad example to use, as his numbers weren't anywhere near as good in the minors as Bernier's were.

Bernier in the AHL: 134 games including playoffs, .926 save pct. (3529-3813)
Storr in the AHL/IHL: 150 games including playoffs, .897 save pct. (3833-4271)

Storr was a classic case of the hype exceeding the level of talent, in my view. Also, Storr didn't get to play in 40+ games until his SIXTH season in the NHL - far too slow for my liking. Hopefully, Bernier will get a chance to play in 40+ next season. He's ready; hell he's been ready.
Unless Quick has a meltdown, I don't see Bernier starting 40 games next year...doubt that will happen..

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:43 AM
  #82
kingdoughty
Registered User
 
kingdoughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Unless Quick has a meltdown, I don't see Bernier starting 40 games next year...doubt that will happen..
u will see

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:44 AM
  #83
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Obviously you didn't ace if it if you are still *****ing about it and wondering why....but whatever bud...
Nice to know the self appointed teacher in this thread thinks he's got all the answers and his view is the only right one.

Any competent "teacher" knows they dont have all the answers and that there are a myriad of ways to get the same result or a better one still.

There is also an old adage: Those that CAN, DO. Those that CANT, TEACH. In your case here, neither one applies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Also, I didn't forget to summarize, I thought it was pretty clear,

Yes, this system limits creative offense, no one has ever said it doesn't, but the system is necessary due to personnel more than preference...
Actually the system isn't currently necessary, unless your coach can't coach any other way, and its apparent that TM can't (see 2010-2011 season, in-game adjustments, lack thereof).

It may have been previously necessary to imprint a defensive mindset over a formerly wild west offensive style team mentality, but if you want a team to score goals and be more than just conmpetitive, but become elite you will need to let your creative players get into the center of the ice and not glue them to the walls nor weld yoiur defenseman to the blueline like totem poles. Watch the elite teams and none of them are playing our system. we have capable players who can be creative, as long as they are NOT FORCED INTO A SYSTEM THAT KEEPS THEM FROM MOVING FREELY INTO HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOT AREAS EASILY.

But I'm sure you'll educate me soon on how a team that cant score easily in 5 on 5 situations can get more goals from the outside where the puck is during the majority of our zone possession time.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:00 AM
  #84
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Nice to know the self appointed teacher in this thread thinks he's got all the answers and his view is the only right one.

Any competent "teacher" knows they dont have all the answers and that there are a myriad of ways to get the same result or a better one still.

There is also an old adage: Those that CAN, DO. Those that CANT, TEACH. In your case here, neither one applies.




Actually the system isn't currently necessary, unless your coach can't coach any other way, and its apparent that TM can't (see 2010-2011 season, in-game adjustments, lack thereof).

It may have been previously necessary to imprint a defensive mindset over a formerly wild west offensive style team mentality, but if you want a team to score goals and be more than just conmpetitive, but become elite you will need to let your creative players get into the center of the ice and not glue them to the walls nor weld yoiur defenseman to the blueline like totem poles. Watch the elite teams and none of them are playing our system. we have capable players who can be creative, as long as they are NOT FORCED INTO A SYSTEM THAT KEEPS THEM FROM MOVING FREELY INTO HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOT AREAS EASILY.

But I'm sure you'll educate me soon on how a team that cant score easily in 5 on 5 situations can get more goals from the outside where the puck is during the majority of our zone possession time.
Wow....did you just say a system isn't warranted, when you have creative forwards?

Ok, who are Nashville's creative forwards?

Hell, you say we have creative players, who other than Kopitar and Williams?

Seriously bud, you might want to take a step back after those two mind numbing statements,

Hell, I've coached 10 year olds with more understanding of the game than you displayed right here....

Enlighten me here, what exactly do you think a "system" is? There are tenets in hockey, that have changed, there are structures, and there are systems, they are not all the same, but they build off of each other...so ready.....it's your turn....

Go....

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:11 AM
  #85
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Unless Quick has a meltdown, I don't see Bernier starting 40 games next year...doubt that will happen..
... In 2009-10:

Quick's first 40 starts: 23-17, .908 save pct. (1003-1105)
Quick after that: 18-18, .901 save pct. (904-1003)

In 2010-11:

Quick's first 40 starts: 24-16, .922 save pct. (998-1083)
Quick after that: 11-9, .911 save pct. (494-542)

Just food for thought. Perhaps Quick is being played too often, and wearing down? Perhaps the time is right for Bernier to get more of a shot to show what he can do?

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:21 AM
  #86
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... In 2009-10:

Quick's first 40 starts: 23-17, .908 save pct. (1003-1105)
Quick after that: 18-18, .901 save pct. (904-1003)

In 2010-11:

Quick's first 40 starts: 24-16, .922 save pct. (998-1083)
Quick after that: 11-9, .911 save pct. (494-542)

Just food for thought. Perhaps Quick is being played too often, and wearing down? Perhaps the time is right for Bernier to get more of a shot to show what he can do?
Maybe, the W-L though are more of a team issue, the save percentage would be key,

Ideally, Quick would get 50-55 games, with Bernier picking up the slack, this year, Quick still got into 60 games it looks like... 5 less, better chosen games.....and I think you have a solid tandem.

Here's the main problem, goalies want to play, I guarantee you Quick wants 82 games, Bernier wants 82 games, that is why you rarely saw a 1A-1B tandem, that's why Price/Halak got split up,

I doubt you will see any movement of Quick or Bernier until Quick's contracts comes up, when it does, he is probably looking at 5-6 million a year, depending on how he progesses, etc, if that's the case, I can easily see Quick being moved then, and Bernier coming in, if Bernier has progessed.

Flip side, if Quick takes a sweet hear deal ala Jack Johnson, I can easily see Bernier being moved...

It's a good but tough situation to be in for all involved.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:15 AM
  #87
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
What ails the Kings IMO are a number of things.. Though its hard to call them "ailments" because I feel the Kings when healthy are really one of the better teams in the league..

1) Not to start this again, I'm really exhausted over debating it, but the false sense that Quick is an "elite goaltender." He's an average goalie playing behind a superb defensive team. We do not score enough goals to keep surrendering SOFT goals. Soft goals kill this team, and even Quick fans admit that Quick is "Mr. Softie."

2) Asset management. Loktionov was sent down because we thought (not me or a few others) that Marco Sturm was some sort of hero. Then, he gets hurt and people say that he "could have gotten hurt in the NHL." Well, so can anybody playing the game of hockey and the fact is he got hurt in the AHL where he had no business being. Brayden Schenn was ready and could have really used a year in the NHL, but he was sent back to juniors where he had already been dominating. Furthermore, the Kings use Trevor Lewis in his spot. With all due respect to AKAY47, Trevor Lewis isn't that good of a player.. The excuses they use for him staying up for almost the whole season are nothing more than excuses. There are plenty of players on this team that can do what he does, and they probably have better hands.. i.e. Brayden Schenn. We need offense now, and we could get it from those two guys but we elected to go with Marco Sturm, Kevin Westgarth and Trevor Lewis.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:24 AM
  #88
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
What ails the Kings IMO are a number of things.. Though its hard to call them "ailments" because I feel the Kings when healthy are really one of the better teams in the league..

1) Not to start this again, I'm really exhausted over debating it, but the false sense that Quick is an "elite goaltender." He's an average goalie playing behind a superb defensive team. We do not score enough goals to keep surrendering SOFT goals. Soft goals kill this team, and even Quick fans admit that Quick is "Mr. Softie."

2) Asset management. Loktionov was sent down because we thought (not me or a few others) that Marco Sturm was some sort of hero. Then, he gets hurt and people say that he "could have gotten hurt in the NHL." Well, so can anybody playing the game of hockey and the fact is he got hurt in the AHL where he had no business being. Brayden Schenn was ready and could have really used a year in the NHL, but he was sent back to juniors where he had already been dominating. Furthermore, the Kings use Trevor Lewis in his spot. With all due respect to AKAY47, Trevor Lewis isn't that good of a player.. The excuses they use for him staying up for almost the whole season are nothing more than excuses. There are plenty of players on this team that can do what he does, and they probably have better hands.. i.e. Brayden Schenn. We need offense now, and we could get it from those two guys but we elected to go with Marco Sturm, Kevin Westgarth and Trevor Lewis.
Question,

Are you saying elite goaltenders don't give up soft goals? Or are you saying Quick gives up a soft goal EVERY GAME?

As far as your 2nd point, it's been pointed out, Lotkionov was sent down because at the time, they thought Sturm, if he was sent down, would have been picked up which eventually he was. But to say it's bad asset management because he got hurt is disingenuous at best, so if he hadn't of gotten hurt, it would have been good management?

As ar as Lewis, Lewis is a solid 3rd line C, excellent 4th line energy player, not sure if anyone was making him out to be more than that. Schenn wasn't ready to play full time in the NHL, and he couldn't have been sent down full time in the AHL, would you rather he play 6-8 minutes a game, sit games, etc? That was your alternative to juniors...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:09 AM
  #89
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Question,

Are you saying elite goaltenders don't give up soft goals? Or are you saying Quick gives up a soft goal EVERY GAME?

As far as your 2nd point, it's been pointed out, Lotkionov was sent down because at the time, they thought Sturm, if he was sent down, would have been picked up which eventually he was. But to say it's bad asset management because he got hurt is disingenuous at best, so if he hadn't of gotten hurt, it would have been good management?

As ar as Lewis, Lewis is a solid 3rd line C, excellent 4th line energy player, not sure if anyone was making him out to be more than that. Schenn wasn't ready to play full time in the NHL, and he couldn't have been sent down full time in the AHL, would you rather he play 6-8 minutes a game, sit games, etc? That was your alternative to juniors...
Elite goaltenders give up soft goals OCCASIONALLY.. Not nearly as many as Quick does.. (Can we not do this again though?)

It IS bad asset management though. When you have a choice between Loktionov and Sturm, and you go with Sturm.. That's bad asset management. When you trade for somebody who you shouldn't trade for or have any interest in acquiring, play him over a better play in Andrei Loktionov, send Loktionov down, then see him get hurt in a league he shouldn't of been in the first place, THEN put Marco Sturm on waivers ANYWAYS.. That's HORRIBLE. I don't understand how that's being debated.

I disagree with you when you say Brayden Schenn wasn't ready.. He was honestly INCHES away from having more goals in 9 games than Trevor Lewis has all year (72 games.) Schenn was a point-per-game player in the AHL even though it was only 7 games, he tore it up in Saskatoon this year, and is tearing it up right now in the WHL playoffs. I don't understand people.. When it comes to our prospects people are leery to let them play in the NHL because they aren't experienced, yet they also say, "Why would you want him playing only 8-9 minutes a night in the NHL?"

Also, who's to say that he would only get that many? Trevor Lewis gets about 12 minutes a game. You're telling me you want Lewis getting those minutes over Schenn? Then, of course you have Alex Ponikarovsky out there on our power play.. What's wrong with a better player like Brayden Schenn getting that time?

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:17 AM
  #90
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Really?

They don't try and play a puck possession, get the puck in deep, cycle it and wait for mistakes game?

Ok, I will bite, what system do you think Nashville plays?
Dont know how many Nashville games you watch, but they routinely utilize their defensemen COMING OFF THE BLUELINE ,SNEAKING DOWN ON THE WEAK SIDE, EVEN BELOW THE DOTS. They make that cross ice diagonal pass to the open winger that we never make (it seems to be commonly used throughout the Central division)

That is not what the Kings do. Many teams use a cycle, but nopt nearly to the extent the Kings do. It is almost their exclusive offensive style. SORRY REF you dont got all the answers, but like most of them, you call it wrong sometimes even though you'll never admit it.

[after-thought] dont know why i'm arguing with you, I gave up arguing with refs along time ago to keep my hockey fun and enjoyable. its not like any amount of logic, truth, or readson ever gets them to change their mind.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:20 AM
  #91
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Elite goaltenders give up soft goals OCCASIONALLY.. Not nearly as many as Quick does.. (Can we not do this again though?)

It IS bad asset management though. When you have a choice between Loktionov and Sturm, and you go with Sturm.. That's bad asset management. When you trade for somebody who you shouldn't trade for or have any interest in acquiring, play him over a better play in Andrei Loktionov, send Loktionov down, then see him get hurt in a league he shouldn't of been in the first place, THEN put Marco Sturm on waivers ANYWAYS.. That's HORRIBLE. I don't understand how that's being debated.

I disagree with you when you say Brayden Schenn wasn't ready.. He was honestly INCHES away from having more goals in 9 games than Trevor Lewis has all year (72 games.) Schenn was a point-per-game player in the AHL even though it was only 7 games, he tore it up in Saskatoon this year, and is tearing it up right now in the WHL playoffs. I don't understand people.. When it comes to our prospects people are leery to let them play in the NHL because they aren't experienced, yet they also say, "Why would you want him playing only 8-9 minutes a night in the NHL?"

Also, who's to say that he would only get that many? Trevor Lewis gets about 12 minutes a game. You're telling me you want Lewis getting those minutes over Schenn? Then, of course you have Alex Ponikarovsky out there on our power play.. What's wrong with a better player like Brayden Schenn getting that time?
Schenn wasn't ready, his defensive assignments were always blown, he simply wasn't ready.

As far as Quick, I am ok with calling him an elite goaltender, he has proved that this year and last that he can steal games.

As far as Sturm / Lotkionov etc, it's not bad asset management, they traded nothing for Sturm, they gained an asset, and gave up a lesser asset, yes, it didn't work out as they hoped, but that's neither here nor there in asset management. They send Lotkionov down, and still have to create a roster spot for Penner, they figure Sturm will get claimed, they sent Lotkionov down, that happens ALL the time. You are blaming management for an injury, think about that, that's like blaming the OB/GYN, for the pregnancy ffs.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:26 AM
  #92
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Dont know how many Nashville games you watch, but they routinely utilize their defensemen COMING OFF THE BLUELINE ,SNEAKING DOWN ON THE WEAK SIDE, EVEN BELOW THE DOTS. They make that cross ice diagonal pass to the open winger that we never make (it seems to be commonly used throughout the Central division)

That is not what the Kings do. Many teams use a cycle, but nopt nearly to the extent the Kings do. It is almost their exclusive offensive style. SORRY REF you dont got all the answers, but like most of them, you call it wrong sometimes even though you'll never admit it.

[after-thought] dont know why i'm arguing with you, I gave up arguing with refs along time ago to keep my hockey fun and enjoyable. its not like any amount of logic, truth, or readson ever gets them to change their mind.
LOL buddy, you keep thinking you know me, see how far that goes.

I guarantee you Nashville does not have their weakside D sneak below the dots, that's just too asinine even for you to contemplate.

Yes occasionally all 30 teams will have a D try and sneak in, but to try and say that Nashville along with other central teams do this all the time is just....silly ffs.

First off, in today's NHL you aren't getting a pass through the house area, that just doesn't happen, it's blocked, tipped, re-directed, taken away, they protect that house area like it's Fort Knox, occasionally do passes get through, yes, that's what happens when mistakes and blown coverages are made.

Second, well there is no second, I still find it mind boggling, that you think cross ice passes find their way through the majority of the time...

Sidenote, if Nashville has this great creative system that generates offense...how is it that Nashvile and LA have scored 219 goals each? Wouldn't you say the "better" offensive system would score more goals???

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:27 AM
  #93
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Schenn wasn't ready, his defensive assignments were always blown, he simply wasn't ready.

As far as Quick, I am ok with calling him an elite goaltender, he has proved that this year and last that he can steal games.

As far as Sturm / Lotkionov etc, it's not bad asset management, they traded nothing for Sturm, they gained an asset, and gave up a lesser asset, yes, it didn't work out as they hoped, but that's neither here nor there in asset management. They send Lotkionov down, and still have to create a roster spot for Penner, they figure Sturm will get claimed, they sent Lotkionov down, that happens ALL the time. You are blaming management for an injury, think about that, that's like blaming the OB/GYN, for the pregnancy ffs.
1. You don't know that, you are just taking words from Terry Murray and using them in an argument.

2. He can also lose them just as frequently.

3. How is it not asset management? If the Kings had GOOD asset management then Loktionov and Schenn would be here when we need them and we do right now. Management sent Loktionov down, correct? Therefore, it was a bad decision by management to send Andrei down, and it bit them in the ass when he got hurt. As far as creating roster spots.. You have guys that shouldn't even see any ice in the NHL what so ever in Westgarth, Harrold, and Drewiske.. Why it wasn't them instead of Loktionov I'll never know, and that IS bad asset management.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:34 AM
  #94
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
1. You don't know that, you are just taking words from Terry Murray and using them in an argument.

2. He can also lose them just as frequently.

3. How is it not asset management? If the Kings had GOOD asset management then Loktionov and Schenn would be here when we need them and we do right now. Management sent Loktionov down, correct? Therefore, it was a bad decision by management to send Andrei down, and it bit them in the ass when he got hurt. As far as creating roster spots.. You have guys that shouldn't even see any ice in the NHL what so ever in Westgarth, Harrold, and Drewiske.. Why it wasn't them instead of Loktionov I'll never know, and that IS bad asset management.
1. All you had to do is watch the 9 games he played to see he wasn't at par defensively, I don't know what to tell you bud.

2. As can any goalie having a bad night.

3. Why was it a bad decision to send Lotkionov down?

As far as Westgarth, Harrold, Drewiske, they all would have been claimed on waivers, essentially given away for free, you want to talk about bad asset management?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:36 AM
  #95
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Wow....did you just say a system isn't warranted, when you have creative forwards?
no Einstien, I said THE system, meaning the one the Kings play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Ok, who are Nashville's creative forwards?
I can see now you have a comprehension problem. Plz find my post where I said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Hell, you say we have creative players, who other than Kopitar and Williams?

Seriously bud, you might want to take a step back after those two mind numbing statements,

Hell, I've coached 10 year olds with more understanding of the game than you displayed right here....
You mean than you misquoted and took out of context. Par for the course I guess: I've never met an amatuer hockey referee that wasnt over egotistical and thought he knew more about the game than those who played it simply because he got paid $35 bucks to take abuse and got to wear a stripped shirt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Enlighten me here, what exactly do you think a "system" is? There are tenets in hockey, that have changed, there are structures, and there are systems, they are not all the same, but they build off of each other...so ready.....it's your turn....

Go....
You know what they say about reasoning with an . . . oh forget it.

It says it all that you were a referee.
No worse insult is required because you think you can't be wrong.

This thread proves my point more readily than any of my words, logic or hockey knowledge ever could

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:46 AM
  #96
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
if you want a team to score goals and be more than just conmpetitive, but become elite you will need to let your creative players get into the center of the ice and not glue them to the walls
Diehard,

You did say to point out where you said creative players etc.

I specified Nashville, because you brought up their system as a model the Kings should follow....

It's logical thinking bud.....you bring up a system who you think we should model, you then go on to mention creative players in such a system, so I asked about Nashville's creative players...again.... not that hard.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:47 AM
  #97
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
no Einstien, I said THE system, meaning the one the Kings play.



I can see now you have a comprehension problem. Plz find my post where I said that



You mean than you misquoted and took out of context. Par for the course I guess: I've never met an amatuer hockey referee that wasnt over egotistical and thought he knew more about the game than those who played it simply because he got paid $35 bucks to take abuse and got to wear a stripped shirt.




You know what they say about reasoning with an . . . oh forget it.

It says it all that you were a referee.
No worse insult is required because you think you can't be wrong.

This thread proves my point more readily than any of my words, logic or hockey knowledge ever could
You gotta get over this thing about refs bud, it's probably hurting your F level game more than you want to admit....

Tell you what though, next time you are at the rink, ask the local ref if he can give you some lessons, chances are he's skated a helluva lot longer than you have...

Anyways.....you were about to describe the relationship between hockey tenets, hockey structures, and hockey systems....

Ready...go.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:59 AM
  #98
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL buddy, you keep thinking you know me, see how far that goes.

I guarantee you Nashville does not have their weakside D sneak below the dots, that's just too asinine even for you to contemplate.
Every single game this year vs. Nashville, Chicago and Columbus that play was made more the a single time. Columbus scored two on us that way, and over the two games in Tenn, so did they, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Yes occasionally all 30 teams will have a D try and sneak in, but to try and say that Nashville along with other central teams do this all the time is just....silly ffs.
If you need to make **** up to win an argument, go ahead. I NEVER SAID THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME, but they utilize their defensement dfar more than wer do, and i am not just referring to point shots and playing catch back and forth while our D let opportunities pass bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
First off, in today's NHL you aren't getting a pass through the house area, that just doesn't happen, it's blocked, tipped, re-directed, taken away, they protect that house area like it's Fort Knox, occasionally do passes get through, yes, that's what happens when mistakes and blown coverages are made.
J'accuse?

Wow and you think I'm the not so smart one tell me if that pass doesnt get through ( I mean I know no one wants it to get through) then why do teams try it so often? Because when successful, as it is often enough, it gets the puck to a player in a great spot to score a goal. Its a high percentage shot that forces the goalie to move, open up and creates opportunities and rebounds with the goalie out of position if the first shot off the pass doesnt find net.

Ask Saku Koivu how he scored the other night at Staples. Ask Vorachek who I believe scored two of them against us this season. Or Cammy who scores them all the time or Iginla who makes a living off that pass or Stamkos the first 50 games this year. Dont know what games you watch, but with center ice and Season Tickets (for the last 23 years) I watch quite a few. And no that pass doesnt get through ALL THE TIME, nothing works all the time, but it is attempted alot and when it works the goals make the highlight reel, and it happens several times a night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Second, well there is no second, I still find it mind boggling, that you think cross ice passes find their way through the majority of the time...

Sidenote, if Nashville has this great creative system that generates offense...how is it that Nashvile and LA have scored 219 goals each? Wouldn't you say the "better" offensive system would score more goals???
Again, whose post are you reading. Where are you getting this tripe from? When did I say this stuff? I never said any of that but you can misquote and create stuff all you like. Losing an argument cant be that bad, really, but a brain is a terrible thing to waste


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-11-2011 at 04:06 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:04 AM
  #99
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Diehard,

You did say to point out where you said creative players etc.

I specified Nashville, because you brought up their system as a model the Kings should follow....

It's logical thinking bud.....you bring up a system who you think we should model, you then go on to mention creative players in such a system, so I asked about Nashville's creative players...again.... not that hard.
NO, I didnt say we should model them at all. You juxtaposed two seperate points and came to an erroneous conclusion. But their coach gets it all from his players, something TM doesnt do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
You gotta get over this thing about refs bud, it's probably hurting your F level game more than you want to admit....

Tell you what though, next time you are at the rink, ask the local ref if he can give you some lessons, chances are he's skated a helluva lot longer than you have...

Anyways.....you were about to describe the relationship between hockey tenets, hockey structures, and hockey systems....
.
Again, NO, I wasnt, at least not with YOU!

Congratulations, a first: Welcome to the IGNORE BUTTON!


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-11-2011 at 04:18 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:07 AM
  #100
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Every single game this year vs. Nashville, Chicago and Columbus that play was made more the a single time. Columbus scored two on us that way, and over the two games in Tenn, so did they, IIRC.



If you need to make **** up to win an argument, go ahead. I NEVER SAID THEY DO IT ALL THE TIME, but they utilize their defensement dfar more than wer do, and i am not just referring to point shots and playing catch back and forth while our D let opportunities pass bye.



J'accuse?

Wow and you think I'm the not so smart one tell me if that pass diesnt get through ( I mean I know no one wants it to get through) then why do teams try it so often? Because when successful, as it is often enough, it gets the puck to a player in a great spot to score a goal. Its a high percentage shot that forces the goalie to move, ipen up and creates opportunities and rebounds with the goialie out od position if the first shot offf the pass doesnt find net.

Ask Saku Koivu how he scored the other night at Staples. Ask Vorachek who I believe scored two of them agaisnt us this season. Or Cammy who scores them all the time or Iginla who makes a living off that pass or Stamkos the first 50 games this year. Dont know what games you watch, but with center ice and Season Tickets (for the last 23 years) I watch quite a few. And no that pass doesnt get through ALL THE TIME, nothing works all the time, but it is attempted alot and when it works the goals make the highlight reel, and it happens several times a night.



Again, whose post are you reading. Where are you getting this tripe from? when did I say this stuff? I never said any of that but can misquote and create stuff all you like. Losing an argument cant be that bad, really, but a brain is a terrible thing to waste
You want me to ask Koivu how he scored on a cross ice pass......when it was a 5 on ****ing 3? Are you out of your ****ing mind or are you being intentionally obtuse???

Of course 5-3 will have cross ice passes, well, unless you are Kompon...

Seriously, did you just equate 5-3 cross ice passes to 5-5 cross ice passes and wonder why people doubt you understand the game?

Every single game you think teams in the Central division, had their weak side D sneak down to say the top of the circle-hashmarks, so they can throw a cross ice pass through 3 defenders? How much have you had to drink tonight?? That's possibly the worst play in hockey and yet you think NHL teams do that on a nightly basis? My god...talk about making **** up ffs.

That pass isn't tried as nearly as often as you think for christ sake, especially 5 on 5, and teams don't make that weak side D slide a part of their freaking system unless a coach doesn't want to stay in the league for very long.

And just to help you out here, a pass from the corner, to the center dot on the same side, doesn't qualify as a cross ice pass ffs.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.