HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn is going to Manchester

Old
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
I agree in that he should not play Game 1. But there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing in Game 2 on Saturday (if the Blades lose tomorrow).
I agree, 3 games in 3 days with a flight in between might be a lot to ask.

But once he gets the day to practice he should be in there for Game 2. Assuming they do get swept.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
What do you mean "but it is the Kings"? He played tonight, tomorrow night and will play thursday night? That's a lot of playing. Going from the WHL to the NHL is a big adjustment. Game 2 or 3 makes a lot more sense, imo.
I'm just saying he can handle it. All you do in juniors is play games in bunches on top of practicing every day. He's not an old beat up veteran, he's a young energetic kid.. He's good to go. He's better than Ponikarovsky, Lewis, Westgarth, Moller, etc. etc. He should be in the line up as soon as possible. He'll be fine.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Smyth has arguably been the Kings worst forward in the second half of the season.
Yes, but you're acting like he's Scott Parse, who actually isn't going to play unless he's absolutely needed. They're not paying him $6M because they can afford to put a 20-goal scorer on the bench.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Cruel11

I think it also depends on Murray. Would he play him over Westgarth/Moller?

Last edited by Cruel11: 04-13-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Guys in Juniors and the AHL play 3 in 3 all the time, and thats with bus travel in between.

Not saying he would play game one if they get swept but its possible.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Brodie562

i dont think anyone expects him to fill Kopitar's shoes but no doubt he would help. them not wanting to burn off a year on his ELC is the only reason i could see them not calling him up. if so its along the lines of sending Bernier down last year when it was obvious that Quick was burned out.

he (DL) would be choosing to not help the team out... i cant even begin to understand why they wouldnt call him up

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:59 PM
KingsCourt

I don't doubt DL burns a contract year for 4-6 games. He's cautious and tight..don't hold ur breath for schenn this this year

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:00 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
I don't doubt DL burns a contract year for 4-6 games. He's cautious and tight..don't hold ur breath for schenn this this year
That comes free in the playoffs, no?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Why don't you just use the ignore feature instead of continuing to bring up this personal stuff. Every time same old crap from you, just personal attacks without any arguments, your just a bitter bitter person.

Hmnm.... Looks like someone doesn't like being called out. What you think I'm the only one that notices your little hobby? The Kings could win the cup and you'd complain that they didn't look happy enough or that they looked to happy.

It isn't a personal attack. I think you use the forums for venting. I don't think you've posted a single positive post... ever frankly because you don't want to. This is just a place for you to complain.

Quote:
BTW, please tell me a forward on the Kings who has been worse in the second half of the season?

Would love to know, really would.

See there you go. Changing your argument. Normally it's Stoll isn't a second line center. You know like every single post you've made for months usually in threads that it has nothing to do with.

Thing is Stoll is the 45th highest scoring center in the NHL... 45th... and we have 30 teams in the league and he's the 2nd liner. Hope you can do basic math.... So why keep posting about it when it isn't just wrong it's categorically wrong. I think it's because you don't care. You want to complain about it so Stolls just the guy.

As for Smyth... Well no **** he's in a slump. That's why he isn't on the PP unit anymore that's why his minutes keep getting cut. But you make him out to be dead. He's the 30th highest scoring LW in the game. 30th. Nearly no team in the whole NHL have a better 2nd or 3rd line LW the Smyth. Hell, most don't even have a better 1st liner. But that doesn;t matter to you because you never think in contrast or context. I don't think you even pay any attention to hockey in general....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:04 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
That comes free in the playoffs, no?
No playoffs don't matter

Old
04-13-2011, 12:06 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Hmnm.... Looks like someone doesn't like being called out. What you think I'm the only one that notices your little hobby? The Kings could win the cup and you'd complain that they didn't look happy enough or that they looked to happy.

It isn't a personal attack. I think you use the forums for venting. I don't think you've posted a single positive post... ever frankly because you don't want to. This is just a place for you to complain.

See there you go. Changing your argument. Normally it's Stoll isn't a second line center. You know like every single post you've made for months usually in threads that it has nothing to do with.

Thing is Stoll is the 45th highest scoring center in the NHL... 45th... and we have 30 teams in the league and he's the 2nd liner. Hope you can do basic math.... So why keep posting about it when it isn't just wrong it's categorically wrong. I think it's because you don't care. You want to complain about it so Stolls just the guy.

As for Smyth... Well no **** he's in a slump. That's why he isn't on the PP unit anymore that's why his minutes keep getting cut. But you make him out to be dead. He's the 30th highest scoring LW in the game. 30th. Nearly no team in the whole NHL have a better 2nd or 3rd line LW the Smyth. Hell, most don't even have a better 1st liner. But that doesn;t matter to you because you never think in contrast or context. I don't think you even pay any attention to hockey in general....
Complaining isn't against the rules off this forum, if you don't like it stop replying to those who complain.

Old
04-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Smyth has arguably been the Kings worst forward in the second half of the season.
I understand that Smyth has slowed down a lot, but you don't sit a 20 goal scorer in the playoffs.

Johnson has been the worst defenseman and his fall from the first half has been worse than Smyth's. Do you want hm to sit for Harrold? Or Drewiske? Call up Voynov?

Since Kopitar was hurt:

Smyth 3 goals and 2 assists. Even

Johnson 0 goals and 1 assist. -4

At least Smyth is doing something. 17 Kings couldn't score against Ellis in two games.

BTW, I don't think Johnson should be benched, but neither should Smyth. Both need to step it up if the Kings are to have a chance in the playoffs.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Brodie562

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Complaining isn't against the rules off this forum, if you don't like it stop replying to those who complain.
BAMMM!!! for real, there's a lot of posters it seems that just want to **** each other off about how awesome this team is. some of us don't drink Kool-aid and don't like certain decisions the club makes about personnel, strategy etc.

whats the problem with that? how does that make some one less of a fan?

Brodie562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:13 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It's physically possible that Schenn could play in game 1, but Terry Murray is the coach. He wants to play Westgarth in game one. Williams replaces Moller, who does Schenn replace? Lewis? Richardson?
Why does it have to be Lewis or Richie?

Willie and Schenn in.

Westy and Moller sit.

Pretty simple.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:16 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Smitty hasn't been very good, but he's a playoff guy. I fully expect him to raise his level of play starting this Thursday.
You do realize that Smyth is the only one to score the last 2 games of the season right?

I do agree with you that Smyth should play better in the playoffs.

Old
04-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Winger23

Murray's comments about westgarth is his way of saying Moller is the first one to sit when Williams is given the green light. If Schenn is able to come up, then westy sits. There's no way in hell Murray will sit a healthly 6 million dollar mistake on the sidelines.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

First off. I have friends on this board. People I have watched and cheered the Kings for years with. I have driven through snow storms to see this team get destroyed for years in Detroit, stayed up past 1:00 in the morning to watch this team finish in the bottom five in the league for years (which I assume you have to) If you want to say I am not a fan go right ahead, but you are dead wrong.

As for this discussion, I mentioned it because Schenn is a CENTER and I said we don't have a #1 or #2 CENTER (still stand by it). And he would be coming up to take a spot from someone like Westgarth. So I have no idea where you are saying the comment wasn't relevant to the topic.

As for Stoll,You can sit here and say he is 45th in scoring, so great he would be #2 center on Florida, NYI or Atlanta, if that is the type of team you are striving to build than Jarret Stoll is your guy.

How many playoff teams would Jarret Stoll be the #2 center on?

Go through every playoff team and get back to me.

And again, not saying Stoll is a bad player. When Schenn is here next season and Stoll is a 40 point 3rd line center who is the best shootout player in the NHL the Kings will be much closer to a Stanley Cup. Agreed?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I can see us giving Schenn wing time if he does come up for the playoffs which I think is a strong possibility.

I like Stoll and think he does allot of nice things for the team but with Lewis and Richie nipping at his heels and Braden clearly anointed to take the 2nd line C job away Stoll seems to me to be the odd man out soon enough. I would like to keep him next season but after that we should be set from within.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:23 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
You do realize that Smyth is the only one to score the last 2 games of the season right?

I do agree with you that Smyth should play better in the playoffs.
I don't know why this post had to be argumentative.. I have noticed, I just thought it tied in with him being a playoff player and him about to raise his game for the playoffs.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Why does it have to be Lewis or Richie?

Willie and Schenn in.

Westy and Moller sit.

Pretty simple.
Simple for you, but unless you are Terry Murray posting this, Westgarth is playing game 1.

Quote:
MURRAY: “He’s not just that loaded gun coming off the bench. He’s skating. He’s skating as good as I’ve ever seen him skate, and I’ve seen him skate from the first day he ever came out of college, to Flyers development camp. He and his brother came to that one. I remember what I saw and what I’m seeing today. His game has improved dramatically. So I want to give him kudos for that. He has worked very hard this year to get to where he is right now, with the adjustment to the NHL level and the speed and puck-handling. It’s getting better. Now, when you get into the playoffs, is the role of the tough guy there? Maybe early. There’s always stuff happening, when everybody wants to set the tone and tempo for a series, so maybe early. Then, as you move on it probably becomes very limited.”
That doesn't sound like a coach about to bench Westgarth. Schenn will play game 2, if available. Sounds like a coach that wants to give Westgarth a playoff game for his hard work.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:28 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I don't know why this post had to be argumentative.. I have noticed, I just thought it tied in with him being a playoff player and him about to raise his game for the playoffs.
Not being argumentative sport.

Old
04-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Winger23

Quote:
First off. I have friends on this board. People I have watched and cheered the Kings for years with. I have driven through snow storms to see this team get destroyed for years in Detroit, stayed up past 1:00 in the morning to watch this team finish in the bottom five in the league for years (which I assume you have to) If you want to say I am not a fan go right ahead, but you are dead wrong.

As for this discussion, I mentioned it because Schenn is a CENTER and I said we don't have a #1 or #2 CENTER (still stand by it). And he would be coming up to take a spot from someone like Westgarth. So I have no idea where you are saying the comment wasn't relevant to the topic.

As for Stoll,You can sit here and say he is 45th in scoring, so great he would be #2 center on Florida, NYI or Atlanta, if that is the type of team you are striving to build than Jarret Stoll is your guy.

Go through every playoff team and get back to me.

And again, not saying Stoll is a bad player. When Schenn is here next season and Stoll is a 40 point 3rd line center who is the best shootout player in the NHL the Kings will be much closer to a Stanley Cup. Agreed?
While I agree with you that Stoll on the third line will make the Kings a better team, it's really really hard to sit here and use stats just justify how good/bad Stoll was this year when the Kings were terrible at scoring this year being a defensive minded team.

Kopi I think was 50th in scoring amongst forwards but I don't think anyone will say there are 49 better players than he was this year.

As far as my opinion goes, he will be one of the best 3rd line centers in the league, that did well holding down the 2nd line center position as there were not better options this year.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:34 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Simple for you, but unless you are Terry Murray posting this, Westgarth is playing game 1.

That doesn't sound like a coach about to bench Westgarth. Schenn will play game 2, if available. Sounds like a coach that wants to give Westgarth a playoff game for his hard work.
Like I said earlier, I wish Murray wouldn't talk so much. Better yet, not talk at all sometimes.

I think if option for Schenn is there, Murray SHOULD play him but at the same time, I can see Murray resting Schenn and starting Westy after reading the quote.

But yeah, anyone with a logical mind should be starting Schenn in lieu of Westy.

I never understood the need for enforcers in the playoffs. That is unless it's the dux in which we should always have an enforcer.

Old
04-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

If you believe Schenn helps the team (gives it a greater chance to win games), arguing against his call up is odd. Is there anything more valuable than winning in the playoffs? If you believe Schenn will not help the team, then the argument ends there and the rest of it (burning a year off his contract, etc.) is irrelevant.

Bottom line, who believes Schenn will not help the team?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Tadite

Quote:
If you want to say I am not a fan go right ahead, but you are dead wrong.
A. Didn't say that.
B. I think you use the forum to vent. Which is fine in the GDT but gets a bit annoying when it's everywhere.

Quote:

Just using the WC.

He'd be the 1st line center for the Yotes. 2nd liner for Chicago, LA, Nashville (maybe 1st for them), and roughly 2nd liner for the Ducks. He'd be a upgrade at 3rd for the Canucks-Detroit and the Sharks are just stupid crazy deep in centers.

So what's the big deal. That's 5 out of 8 WC teams and if you looked at EC it'd be nearly every single one of them. Why the focus?

Quote:
You kinda of do say Stoll is a bad player. You use him as an example of organizational failure. Which isn't, I think, fair. As you mention, and I agree, both Schenn and Loki will be fighting for the center position. In two years we could have the best 1-3 centers in the league or at least be in the argument. So we've a decent chance of already taken care of the situation so why the focus? Of all the things to worry about Stoll really shouldn't be on the list. I think it has more to do with the Lubo trade then Stoll.

Thing I'd worry about is just how young the teams going to be next year.....

As for Smyth. Hell, I think that's an indication of just how rare any scoring has become in the NHL when a player has a down 2nd half but still ends up 30in in the NHL for LW....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote