bwahahaha

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
You can keep your Scandinavia. Finns are nothing like swedes, norwegians and danish people, luckily.
Finns are alot like danish people actully. They drink alot of beer and are very aggressive.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Finns are alot like danish people actully. They drink alot of beer and are very aggressive.

littlebrother concept, cant be helped

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:40 PM
KCrushers

No..

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:55 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrushers View Post
No..
Ok good to hear, better close this thread then

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Snauen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Yeah, how? By flying to Khabarovsk and Novokuznetsk?
Lol, agreed, lets board a Tupulev 911 (or whatever the Russian crashliner is named) and fly down to Metallurk Magentobrosk or Traktor caballallabinsk Novosibirsk. I hear thoose places are something special. Why haven't the SEL been moved there already?

Last edited by Snauen*: 04-15-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Snauen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post

They also talk very strange.
Norwegians has more of a baby language.
Snakebite = slangebett. ??? I love it.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 03:22 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkskruv View Post
Lol, agreed, lets board a Tupulev 911 (or whatever the Russian crashliner is named) and fly down to Metallurk Magentobrosk or Traktor caballallabinsk Novosibirsk. I hear thoose places are something special. Why haven't the SEL been moved there already?
wtf?
try to geographic course

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:01 AM
joe89

I don't think so, but we need a change of mentality. I think the large group of good young players NOT being drafted(or not good enough to go overseas at least) will make a good core for the league in a couple of years. The depth we have coming is really good.

I suggest we bring in all coaches from the Swiss league. They may lack some tactical elements in their coaching, but they know how you create a good up-tempo hockey despite obvious flaw in skill level.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:08 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Um, aren't the successful coaches in the Swiss league Swedish and Canadian coaches?

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:10 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
think the large group of good young players NOT being drafted(or not good enough to go overseas at least) will make a good core for the league in a couple of years. The depth we have coming is really good.
this.

elitserien got worse when the KHL started and obviously grabbed the best players who were not in north america.
but swedish youth program is amazing at the moment. a lot of players leave to NA, but somehow teams are always able to bring up other kids.
if the youth development continues, elitserien should be a pretty competitve league again and probably even closer than it already is. and more swedes available should also boost the competition, so hopefully less floating because everyone has to fight for his job.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 05:57 AM
cheerupmurray

A good way to strenghten SEL in the longrun would be to have a more competitive professional runned juniorleague. Superelit will never become OHL, but having a high quality juniorleague will help develop swedish juniors and also attract good juniors from other countries. Imagine if Superelit was the prime league to play in for juniors from europe, that would mean a lot of cheap very talented kids that play a couple of years in SEL, before the move on.

Elitserien can never compete moneywise with KHL, but if the league earns a good reputation for being a good league to develop in, it can still attract quality players.

Old
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
ViD

Swedes need to form 3-4 top level clubs and join KHL. What's the problem with Swedish federation? They rather see their best players leave for KHL/NHL and have crappy level players compete, is that somehow better for Swedish hockey?

KHL gives non-Russian clubs a lot of support and AFAIK all they gotta do is have a good enough arena and meet the salary floor level.

And what's the deal with flying to Siberia? it's not like they will fly there every week. What will happen is they will tour Siberian teams playing 4-5 games in a row saving a lot on transportation. I don't think this should be a problem at all.

As for Khabarovsk, they can play the 2 games there at once, without having to fly there twice. So, flying to Siberia 3-4 times a season shouldn't be a big problem.

We all know that eventually Sweden is going to join KHL, so let's do it rather sooner than later.

ViD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
Swedes need to form 3-4 top level clubs and join KHL. What's the problem with Swedish federation? They rather see their best players leave for KHL/NHL and have crappy level players compete, is that somehow better for Swedish hockey?

KHL gives non-Russian clubs a lot of support and AFAIK all they gotta do is have a good enough arena and meet the salary floor level.

And what's the deal with flying to Siberia? it's not like they will fly there every week. What will happen is they will tour Siberian teams playing 4-5 games in a row saving a lot on transportation. I don't think this should be a problem at all.

As for Khabarovsk, they can play the 2 games there at once, without having to fly there twice. So, flying to Siberia 3-4 times a season shouldn't be a big problem.

We all know that eventually Sweden is going to join KHL, so let's do it rather sooner than later.
3-4 swedish clubs in a russian league? Aint gonna happen. Ever. Period. That scenario attracts noone in Sweden.

Swedish clubs in some sort of north-central european league? Could happen, but I doubt it. Too many different strong opinions in the different countries about how such a league would look like. There's no clearcut vision that has found any broad acceptance in many countries. Some swedish hockey profiles claimed to be almost ready to settle for a new league with representatives from other nations...up until a year ago. It turned out the representatives of the other nations weren't as enthuthiastic as the swedes.

Any involvement by swedish clubs in some kind of cross-european league is not gonna happen, at least not within the next 3-4 years.

Last edited by romelson: 04-20-2011 at 01:41 PM.
romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2011, 02:29 PM
cheerupmurray

If swedish clubs ever joins KHL I imagine it would be in some kind of western division with northeuropean and centraleuropean teams that faces russian teams in the playoffs. Honestly I don't think it will ever happen, the fanbase would be very hard to convince. Seems like the hockeyintrest in Sweden is tightly knit to Elitserien. People want to see their SEL-teams beat their rivals, and don't care that much about the quality of the hockey.

Old
04-20-2011, 05:05 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
I think it's more than that, people don't want their SEL team to beat a rival SEL team they want their city to beat their rival city.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

I wouldn't worry about the khl its a temporary league that I don't think is on par with the SEL quality. Sure they get outstanding players but overall I think the SEL is the more stable established league players should know, also SEL is better chance to pla in the NHL one day cause we all know the Russian factor was pretty much born cause of the khl.

SEL is best **** the rest

Hockey isn't always about entertainment I think its about rivalry not only between fanbases also between whole cities.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 03:12 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Confirmed transfers from SEL to KHL

Staffan Kronwall (D) from Djurgarden to Severstal
Martin Thörnberg (F) from HV 71 to Torpedo, 2 years deal
Juuso Hietanen (D) from HV 71 to Torpedo
Jonas Junland (D) from Farjestad BK to Barys

Rumours

Mikko Lehtonen (F) from Skellefteå to Novokuznetsk
Dick Axelsson (F) from Färjestad to KHL
Teemu Laine (F) from HV71 to Minsk
Patrik Zackrisson (F) from Linköping to Atlant

Old
04-27-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:

This just shows that you have no clue about how strongly people feel about their teams in some areas. That could never happen, trust me on that one. The only way that could ever happen is if you created new teams, BUT, I highly doubt they'd ever get a big following. It just doesn't work like that over here. I mean, there's just no way you're going to for example create a team in Stockholm and "make" it popular by joining the KHL, adding some money and great players, it just won't happen because I just can't see any fans "leaving" their own team for something new and... just without tradition and history.

I really don't care about the KHL, and I don't think that working together with the KHL is the way forward. If we HAVE to work with some other leagues then I feel it should be with the Finns, Norwegians and the Danes, maybe with the Germans, Austrians and the Swiss too. I think that'd be better for Sweden.

Honestly, one of the best ideas I've read in this thread is what Cheerupmurray said, that's just a sensible option that would bring talent to Sweden. I doubt it'd be insanely expensive in the long run, and I think it'd be worth every krona they spent on it.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
This just shows that you have no clue about how strongly people feel about their teams in some areas. That could never happen, trust me on that one. The only way that could ever happen is if you created new teams, BUT, I highly doubt they'd ever get a big following. It just doesn't work like that over here. I mean, there's just no way you're going to for example create a team in Stockholm and "make" it popular by joining the KHL, adding some money and great players, it just won't happen because I just can't see any fans "leaving" their own team for something new and... just without tradition and history.

I really don't care about the KHL, and I don't think that working together with the KHL is the way forward. If we HAVE to work with some other leagues then I feel it should be with the Finns, Norwegians and the Danes, maybe with the Germans, Austrians and the Swiss too. I think that'd be better for Sweden.

Honestly, one of the best ideas I've read in this thread is what Cheerupmurray said, that's just a sensible option that would bring talent to Sweden. I doubt it'd be insanely expensive in the long run, and I think it'd be worth every krona they spent on it.

Who besides Russians cares about the KHL anyway? Yes its money heaven but no tradition, history isn't the way to get fans going. Personally I think quality is important yes, but more so are heated rivalries and goold ol historic battles between cities. Thats why I think you'll never see different leagues here under one banner, especially not a khl banner.

Old
04-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
I think we all know that eventually KHL is going to fold. Let's not kid ourselves there is just no chance the russian "businessmen" will continue with this hobby of theirs for more than 5 to 10 years max. Let's just wait a few years and there should be no KHL at all.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
I think we all know that eventually KHL is going to fold. Let's not kid ourselves there is just no chance the russian "businessmen" will continue with this hobby of theirs for more than 5 to 10 years max. Let's just wait a few years and there should be no KHL at all.
Agreed. I don't see the KHL really rooting itself. Swedish fans are largely against joining the KHL in some form of Western division/conference, and to me it's quite understandable. We'd like to face teams that we actually know. I doubt the players would be very tempted to go on a weekly tour of Siberia once or twice per season, either.

Besides, what would happen to the rest of the league? Leksand finally making the big step?

I don't see it happening, and I'd prefer if it didn't. I'd be up for a Nordic League though, and I'd be up for a Champions League-thing, even though swedish teams usually perform horribly in European tournaments.

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

if the khl will still be there in 3 years I would be shocked. Its nothing more than a toy for a very rich russian oligarch thats about it.

Old
04-30-2011, 03:06 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
if the khl will still be there in 3 years I would be shocked. Its nothing more than a toy for a very rich russian oligarch thats about it.
LOL, I read the same statements in summer 2008. Now, after 3 years KHL is still alive and better...

Old
04-30-2011, 07:08 AM
xerox
Hockey pimp

Maybe it is in decline.

But the question is, does it matter? The teams in the leauge never play against teams from other countries. So why would it matter?

xerox is offline   Reply With Quote