HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF: Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 13th - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Stop being pansies and Believe in your team.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
sobrio

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJibbs View Post
I know some of you guys are happy for a chance at redemption, but this was the worst-case scenario IMO.
It will be more than fine.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
opendoor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Crawford-Turco really don't scare me.
I'm not so sure. As I said above, Crawford allowed only 1 more goal every 5 games when compared to Luongo. The Hawks also played at a 107 point pace with him net compared to the Canucks 113 point pace with Luongo. There's really not as much separating these teams as some would like to think. The Canucks are a better team on paper and had a better season, but the Hawks have also proven to be a much better playoff team. This series is a toss up IMO.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Agreed. Enough of this 'WE SHOULD'VE PLAYED DALLAS' nonsense, they weren't good enough to beat Minnesota so they shouldn't be in the playoffs..

Old
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
sobrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
This ^^

Old
04-10-2011, 07:56 PM
xtr3m

Friedman
Quote:
Don't spend as much time in Vancouver as in Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa, but my occasional trips out west reveal a certain vibe. Canucks fans are different than those of the other Canadian teams. They are passionate, absolutely. But they are more pessimistic than their Northern brethren.

"We're fighting ghosts," one player said a few years ago, talking about (now) 40 years of playoff frustration and failure. You certainly feel it, even in a 48-hour trip. While there is excitement about Vancouver's first-ever Presidents' Trophy and a statistically dominant season, there is still a "yeah, but ..." philosophy.

"Yeah, but...Chicago in the first round?" "Yeah, but...can we really beat Anaheim?" They don't like it when Kyle Wellwood or Mike Babcock or anonymous Blackhawks ask the same questions, but they have the same doubts.

If the Maple Leafs, Canadiens or Senators (the three teams I deal with most) were having this kind of season, their fans would feel bulletproof. They wouldn't just be planning parade routes. They'd be betting on how many playoff games it would take to get 16 wins. (Obvious answer: 17. Duh!)
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...ptimistic.html

Old
Horse
Go Canucks!

Quote:
I know some of you guys are happy for a chance at redemption, but this was the worst-case scenario IMO.
While I'm a bigger fan of taking the path of least resistance (Stars or Kings), it is what it is.
I think the Canucks can beat anyone and Chicago isn't what they once were. They choked hard today. Canucks need to come out flying and give themselves some confidence early and I think they'll be fine.

Old
MrJonas

It's going to feel so good when this incredible team throws the Blackhawks out heads first and everyone goes silent.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Adikt

Quote:
Crawford-Turco really don't scare me.
Niemi didn't scare me last year either.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:57 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I'm not so sure. As I said above, Crawford allowed only 1 more goal every 5 games when compared to Luongo. The Hawks also played at a 107 point pace with him net compared to the Canucks 113 point pace with Luongo. There's really not as much separating these teams as some would like to think. The Canucks are a better team on paper and had a better season, but the Hawks have also proven to be a much better playoff team. This series is a toss up IMO.
Crawford had a decent season. but keep this in mind:

Playoff games - 1 gp SV%.857 GAA 3.75 MINS 16

He has a total of 16 minutes played in the playoffs. Can he handle the pressure? Guess we shall see.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:58 PM
petrishriekandgo

Canucks just have to play their game, stay focused, resilient and stay away from all the Bullcrap Chi-town brings with them. Just play their game and don't start running around chasing.

I think the loss to the 'Hawks last year basically created this much more focused Vancouver team and I think they're more than willing to bring that team to the playoffs against any opponent, let alone the Hawks.

If they can slay this dragon, especially if Luongo can play well... maybe be the difference... then look out.

This series will prove if we're cursed or due... I just want our boys to bring their A game every game. After that... we'll have to wait and see...

Old
04-10-2011, 07:58 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Worst case scenario was Ducks or Nashville. Both were teams we didn't fair too well against regardless of score. Nashville just suffocated us and the Ducks scare me, a wild card for sure. Chicago was middle ground. History drumming up fear of years past, but reality setting in that they are simply not the same team.

We need revenge!

Old
04-10-2011, 07:59 PM
opendoor

I'll say this, the one distinct advantage Vancouver may have is that they'll likely be hungrier. Chicago won their cup last season so hopefully they won't have the same drive for success that Vancouver will.

Old
sobrio

Quote:
Playoff experience goes a long way.

Today was a clutch game for Crawford and although he was fairly good you could see Detroit got into his head. We're all around better than the Hawks this year.

Old
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 325
I don't think Chicago has a lot of momentum going into the postseason.

I firmly believe we can get over the Blackhawks. We're the best team in the league... lets go out and prove it!!

Old
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
skg

If we're going to become champs, we're going to have to dethrone the champs. 40 years is enough. We're going to do it this year and the Canucks are going to take the cup down Robson street in 2 months.

Let's all get behind this team and do it!!!

Old
04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Crawford had a decent season. but keep this in mind:

Playoff games - 1 gp SV%.857 GAA 3.75 MINS 16

He has a total of 16 minutes played in the playoffs. Can he handle the pressure? Guess we shall see.
It's not so much that I think Crawford's a great goalie. It's more that this is basically the same defense that won the cup with a goalie getting a .910 sv%. They're adept at overcoming mediocre goaltending just like Detroit in years past.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Crows*

get to crawford early and get him pulled. Get turco in and havoc will be unleashed.

Old
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Sure it is. Just like losing a center is a nightmare for a team that has only three. Stuff happens. Good teams overcome. I don't think Chicago wins a game.

Old
Shankill Butcher

Quote:
Who cares? If we can't beat this years Hawks, we sure as hell can't beat the Sharks or Wings. I mean it will be a longer and rougher series, but that's about it.

Old
canuck4life16

the entire league is against us knowing the hawks will win...only canucks fans knowe the canucks will win.......

Old
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
I'm going to avoid the main board entirely until the series is over.

There's nothing Canuck fans can or should say. It's time to just shut up and wait to see what happens.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Old
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

I'm just going to leave this here...

Old
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
It's not so much that I think Crawford's a great goalie. It's more that this is basically the same defense that won the cup with a goalie getting a .910 sv%. They're adept at overcoming mediocre goaltending just like Detroit in years past.
Keith hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was last year though.

If our top 6 is healthy, then we have them beat in that category.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Slickwilly

Call up every thug in the Canucks system and have them Bobby Clark the knee caps of Kane and Toews.

Closed Thread