HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF: Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Apr 13th - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
Travel time between Vancouver and either Chicago or Dallas is virtually identical. As the crow flies, 1769 versus 1780 miles.
YOUR A MOD!!!!!!!!!????!?!?!

Old
04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
VanEric

I'd be worried about the Canucks feeling too much of a sense of accomplishment if they beat the Hawks in the first round.

Old
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Jose Three or more?
LOL

Old
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
YES! All Dallas has to do is win, and I can finally see the Canucks in a playoff game, live!
i hope you get your wish.

To me the beauty of this is just those arrogant hawks fans who claimed that losing those absolutely key compnents would not be a big deal at all and that they would still be one of the Cup favorites.

I would love chicago just simply because they lack the depth they had the last 2 seasons, but I am hoping for Dallas because that team still posses a big challenge. Richards, Benn, Ribero are 3 scary players,a nd Vancouver cannot take one night off.

Go Stars!!

Old
04-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Ernie

Canucks have outscored Dallas this season by 20-5. They've won each game by at least 3 goals.

Go Dallas.

Old
04-10-2011, 03:50 PM
gongshowmonkey

is the Dallas game at 3pm or 6pm today?

Old
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
is the Dallas game at 3pm or 6pm today?
3pm Pacific
6pm Eastern

(in 2 hrs wherever you are)

Old
04-10-2011, 03:52 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
YOUR A MOD!!!!!!!!!????!?!?!

Not on this forum.

I think he's in Business of Hockey.

04-10-2011, 04:06 PM
thenextone

Dallas and Vancouver would be a nice matchup. Rematch from 2007, Crow back in Vancouver, etc.

Hawks would be good too, but the special treatment they get from the officials would be hard to deal with, especially in the first round.

The first round has to be where the Canucks get their playoff confidence moving forward.

I can't see Dallas winning tonight. They will have to overcome a lot to make it in.

Old
04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Connecticut

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but assuming none of the top 3 seeds get upset (SJ-LA, Det-Pho), then we'll be facing the winner of Anaheim vs. Nashville.

Old
04-10-2011, 04:49 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

if dallas wins tonight, and i think they will, edler is not allowed to try to hit benn.

Old
04-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but assuming none of the top 3 seeds get upset (SJ-LA, Det-Pho), then we'll be facing the winner of Anaheim vs. Nashville.
I was looking into this earlier. All I can hope for (not trying to look too far ahead) is that the two teams soften each other up and go the distance...

Old
04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
i hope you get your wish.

To me the beauty of this is just those arrogant hawks fans who claimed that losing those absolutely key compnents would not be a big deal at all and that they would still be one of the Cup favorites.

I would love chicago just simply because they lack the depth they had the last 2 seasons, but I am hoping for Dallas because that team still posses a big challenge. Richards, Benn, Ribero are 3 scary players,a nd Vancouver cannot take one night off.

Go Stars!!
the Hawks gambled with a ridiculously mis-managed cap and won.
that team last year was never affordable, never sustainable.
after blowing for years they got extremely lucky all the stars aligned for them to have all that underpaid talent at the right time in their careers.
then of course it all had to be dismantled to be compliant, and they are a mediocre team.

they have their cup and we don't, so I should shut up, but I take Gillis' vision of building a sustaining team over their strategy of 'roll the dice and hit the jackpot' ...

Old
04-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
That is shaping up to be slug fest so whoever comes out should be beaten up a fair bit.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
That is shaping up to be slug fest so whoever comes out should be beaten up a fair bit.
Personally I would hope for a nasvhille win in 7 here. The preds get their elusive round 1 win and the ducks are gone.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon44 View Post
Minny is going to get a lot of calls going their way tonight..
Was thinking that SAME thing.

No PowerPlays for Detroit in today's game as well. Ridiculous.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
I agree... However easiest would be LA or Dallas.
Yeah, I would like to see CHI not making the play off just for the sake of it. Besides Dallas plays good and nice offensive hockey, they are worth 4 games of play-off.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
after blowing for years they got extremely lucky all the stars aligned for them to have all that underpaid talent at the right time in their careers.
then of course it all had to be dismantled to be compliant, and they are a mediocre team.

they have their cup and we don't, so I should shut up, but I take Gillis' vision of building a sustaining team over their strategy of 'roll the dice and hit the jackpot' ...
Amen. Well said.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post

Really? I'd take just one cup over none. However, I'd say that it's a better strategy to build long term if you're planning on winning one. Detroit wins about once every 5 years.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:29 PM
xtr3m

Building a sustainable team guarantees a consistent good shot at the Cup. What if Nashville finished Chicago last year?

Playoffs is a gamble. A solid franchise will give a better hand.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
MrJonas

I think Vancouver could finish in 4 games against Dallas, which would perhaps leave them with some resting time before meeting a more banged up second opponent. Go Dallas.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
rban*

Pray. Really, really pray that Hawks get bounced.

Trust me you do NOT want to face Hawks or Anaheim in first round. Not cuz Nucks cant beat em, but it'll take too much out of em and make em fodder for later rounds.

I fiercely object to those who like the idea of facing the Hawks just so Nucks can beat em just to prove a point.

The objective is not boosting ego or proving points. Goal is to win a Cup. And the best way to win is to face as many weak opponents for as many rounds as possible.

Winning is the only thing that counts. If all Van had to do to win the Cup is play four rounds against AHL teams, I'd be in favor of that. No need to prove Nucks are a bunch of macho tough guys by beating hard teams.

I'd rather be a wimp with a Cup in my hands than a tough SOB bounced in the third round.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
Building a sustainable team guarantees a consistent good shot at the Cup. What if Nashville finished Chicago last year?

Playoffs is a gamble. A solid franchise will give a better hand.
Didn't the Hawks set themselves up very nicely for the foreseeable future by signing free agents in Hossa and Campbell then turning around and dealing their other high priced assets like Byfuglien, ladd, Versteeg etc. for a king's ransom?

Chicago has stockpiled so much youth and draft picks it's scary. This team will be the new Detroit of the West for a very long time and if not for putrid goaltending this season by Marty Turco they likely would have solidified home ice advantage and another good shot at the Stanley cup.

As much fun as it will be to watch their season crash and burn in the next few hours these guys are far from finished as threats in the West...

Old
04-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

I have no problem playing Chicago in the first round. That team lacks depth, and it showed tonight.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:52 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Pray. Really, really pray that Hawks get bounced.

Trust me you do NOT want to face Hawks or Anaheim in first round. Not cuz Nucks cant beat em, but it'll take too much out of em and make em fodder for later rounds.

I fiercely object to those who like the idea of facing the Hawks just so Nucks can beat em just to prove a point.

The objective is not boosting ego or proving points. Goal is to win a Cup. And the best way to win is to face as many weak opponents for as many rounds as possible.

Winning is the only thing that counts. If all Van had to do to win the Cup is play four rounds against AHL teams, I'd be in favor of that. No need to prove Nucks are a bunch of macho tough guys by beating hard teams.

I'd rather be a wimp with a Cup in my hands than a tough SOB bounced in the third round.
This guy has a good point. If the Canucks and their fans still want to face the Hawks to get back at them, it proves the Hawks are still in our heads. Who cares about them? Let them miss the playoffs. It's our time now.

Closed Thread