HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings (7) vs. Sharks (2): who wins?

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Kings in 4 2 1.85%
Kings in 5 1 0.93%
Kings in 6 17 15.74%
Kings in 7 27 25.00%
Sharks in 4 10 9.26%
Sharks in 5 39 36.11%
Sharks in 6 9 8.33%
Sharks in 7 3 2.78%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
  #26
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Yeah, for some reason between fans there isn't that much animosity between the Kings and Sharks. I, personally have never liked San Jose.. Or NORCAL at all, but maybe this is the series that makes this a good rivalry.
Never met in playoffs. First sign of adversity and the fans will hate each other.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:16 PM
  #27
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
If we follow the 93 guidelines...we'd have to win the first three series in 7 games... I just put up the winning formula for us to do it...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:56 PM
  #28
Mike The Franchise
Registered User
 
Mike The Franchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
The only way we'll win this series is in 7 games, 6 if San jose's top 2 lines have a bad case of diarrhea.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:34 PM
  #29
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanK81 View Post
Sharks fan here, but live near you in Irvine. I gotta say no way is 5 lucky. I think the Kings even sans Kopitar and Williams can win a couple of games. Being in the OC, I watch a lot of Kings and Ducks, and I know the Kings can do more damage than what is said on the boards. So I pick the Sharks in 6....but not an easy 6 by any means. Good luck Kings (I even own an authentic Kings jersey, so I definitely have a vested interest in the Kings)
dude, if shootout replaced the overtime, we might have a shot at 5

honestly, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs for a lot of reasons. We barely eeked in and unless they make a significant change from last game til Game 1, it's going to be a short series. I've been denying it this whole time, but you can tell a big difference between the playoff teams and us. The top 4 are really going to wreak havoc on the bottom 4

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:10 PM
  #30
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Sharks in five.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
lol i love the agreement on this board these past few days. It's awesome.

Never have I seen the board in such unity. And the funny thing is, not even just in agreement of opinion, but also degree. Nobody is calling anyone chicken little for expecting a sweep by the Sharks. Nobody is overly optimistic or pessimistic, just 100% right.
It's just playing the odds. Both 4-0 and 4-3 are less probable than 4-1 or 4-2. The question is what do we think is going to happen and people go with whatever they think is most probable.

I think Kings will somehow manage to steal one game, MAYBE even two. Kings win either game 3 or 4.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:21 PM
  #31
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
honestly, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs for a lot of reasons. We barely eeked in and unless they make a significant change from last game til Game 1, it's going to be a short series. I've been denying it this whole time, but you can tell a big difference between the playoff teams and us. The top 4 are really going to wreak havoc on the bottom 4
I disagree with this.

Kings DESERVE to be in the playoffs just like most of the other western conference teams. Apart from top 3 teams they ALL barely made it. It's a tough game. Kings played some great hockey during the season - and some not so great, but that is true for 5-7 other teams in the West as well. So Kings definitely deserve the PO.

As for the difference between the playoff teams and Kings - which teams are you talking about? Phoenix, Nashville, Chicago? With all players being healthy I am putting my money on Kings to beat 12 out of 15 playoff teams. The two of us must have seen this season's Kings in a completely different light.

Healthy Kings are in my opinion NOT a team that other teams would want to face unless absolutely necessary. Regardless if we are talking about Vancouver or San Jose.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:23 PM
  #32
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner
 
Sirquacksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Mojave
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 500
Ducks fan here (I come in peace). I voted Kings in 5. Why? Nobody else had... Since I live in San Jose I'll be watching all the games with my roommate, a Kings fan, and rooting for the upset. Good luck to your team on making So-Cal 3-0 in NHL playoff series' against No-cal.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:08 AM
  #33
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
lol i love the agreement on this board these past few days. It's awesome.

Never have I seen the board in such unity. And the funny thing is, not even just in agreement of opinion, but also degree. Nobody is calling anyone chicken little for expecting a sweep by the Sharks. Nobody is overly optimistic or pessimistic, just 100% right.

haha, sharks in 4. 5 if we're lucky. 6 would indeed be a moral victory.
ok since you brought it up, this board is so full of *****es,and not surprising that most of the losers are from orange county home of the front running greatest team ever in april and may angels, that it isn't near as much of go to site as it use to be......this is sports so save your loser ways by saying how much of a realist you are or how great every other team is or how smart every other coach is, did you see today that the redwings played as hard in a meaningless game as they they always do, and some here were saying no way they win and we would be stuck in eighth,right again losers this is sports and every team and every player comes to play and anything is possible and don't say its the wings because in a way meaningless game minnesota ousted the stars.......I've been coming to this site for 5-6 years and posting for four but this season it seems we are in so sort of negative aura here I sincerely wonder why you guys follow the kings at all, we just had a 98 point season and all some can say is we won alot of shootouts, not the teams fault thats how they decide games, hell some teams that are ahead of us have 11 or more loser points to our six again its how its decided, wasn't going to post here because its a waste of time we use to talk hockey more than cry about things and sometimes I think we forget it takes teams years to learn how to win together, look at the canuks and the sharks teams that have been cup favorites for years and still haven't won anything......I am not saying you can't voice concerns over thing but almost half that voted in this poll do not think we can even win one game, way to think positive and your avatars say believe but clearly you don't, we aren't playing the early eighties islanders or the 86 oilers hell this team had a hard time winning the division and got extended by the av's last year........heres to shocking the fanbase and beating these guys in six

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:17 AM
  #34
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
ok since you brought it up, this board is so full of *****es,and not surprising that most of the losers are from orange county home of the front running greatest team ever in april and may angels, that it isn't near as much of go to site as it use to be......this is sports so save your loser ways by saying how much of a realist you are or how great every other team is or how smart every other coach is, did you see today that the redwings played as hard in a meaningless game as they they always do, and some here were saying no way they win and we would be stuck in eighth,right again losers this is sports and every team and every player comes to play and anything is possible and don't say its the wings because in a way meaningless game minnesota ousted the stars.......I've been coming to this site for 5-6 years and posting for four but this season it seems we are in so sort of negative aura here I sincerely wonder why you guys follow the kings at all, we just had a 98 point season and all some can say is we won alot of shootouts, not the teams fault thats how they decide games, hell some teams that are ahead of us have 11 or more loser points to our six again its how its decided, wasn't going to post here because its a waste of time we use to talk hockey more than cry about things and sometimes I think we forget it takes teams years to learn how to win together, look at the canuks and the sharks teams that have been cup favorites for years and still haven't won anything......I am not saying you can't voice concerns over thing but almost half that voted in this poll do not think we can even win one game, way to think positive and your avatars say believe but clearly you don't, we aren't playing the early eighties islanders or the 86 oilers hell this team had a hard time winning the division and got extended by the av's last year........heres to shocking the fanbase and beating these guys in six
Not REALLY what sure what was said here, but I believe the gist of it is to have faith in your good hockey team.. I agree with that 100%.

Go Kings Go!

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:45 AM
  #35
SMoneyMonkey
Registered User
 
SMoneyMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LA/MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
ok since you brought it up, this board is so full of *****es,and not surprising that most of the losers are from orange county home of the front running greatest team ever in april and may angels, that it isn't near as much of go to site as it use to be......this is sports so save your loser ways by saying how much of a realist you are or how great every other team is or how smart every other coach is, did you see today that the redwings played as hard in a meaningless game as they they always do, and some here were saying no way they win and we would be stuck in eighth,right again losers this is sports and every team and every player comes to play and anything is possible and don't say its the wings because in a way meaningless game minnesota ousted the stars.......I've been coming to this site for 5-6 years and posting for four but this season it seems we are in so sort of negative aura here I sincerely wonder why you guys follow the kings at all, we just had a 98 point season and all some can say is we won alot of shootouts, not the teams fault thats how they decide games, hell some teams that are ahead of us have 11 or more loser points to our six again its how its decided, wasn't going to post here because its a waste of time we use to talk hockey more than cry about things and sometimes I think we forget it takes teams years to learn how to win together, look at the canuks and the sharks teams that have been cup favorites for years and still haven't won anything......I am not saying you can't voice concerns over thing but almost half that voted in this poll do not think we can even win one game, way to think positive and your avatars say believe but clearly you don't, we aren't playing the early eighties islanders or the 86 oilers hell this team had a hard time winning the division and got extended by the av's last year........heres to shocking the fanbase and beating these guys in six
Psh, negative nancy... Kings in four. Can't believe you think we're so bad that we'll lose two. Stop whining and complaining

(just so we're all clear, I'm just joking around. Like the post.)

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 01:16 AM
  #36
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Sweet

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 01:20 AM
  #37
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
A good solid nothing fancy hard pressed physical defencive battle where we slowly break the favorites down and beat them in 7.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
  #38
nayagamj
Registered User
 
nayagamj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
The Kings do still have a gamebreaker: Drew Doughty. He just hasn't been playing like one this season. Any hope of the Kings winning this series rests on the shoulders of Doughty and Quick.

nayagamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
  #39
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,162
vCash: 3733
Ooh, I like what I'm seeing.

Kings in 7 games is narrowing the gap on Sharx in 5 games.

GO KINGS!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 09:01 PM
  #40
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,214
vCash: 500
I see Quick stealing one or two games. Sharks in five or six.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 01:03 PM
  #41
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,162
vCash: 3733
The following members have been eliminated. Suckaaas.

Kings in 4: FiveHoler, Seventyx7

Kings in 5: Sirquacksalot

Kings in 6: 123slam, Capn Brown, CardiacKid56, CowMix, Fatty, GummiBaked, GuyInARoom, janet89, Live in the Now, Orenji, pRisly, Rizer, SimmondsSensation, SMoneyMonkey, TonySCV, two out of three*, yankeeking

Sharx in 4: cnshockey, ibleedkings, KingPurpleDinosaur, kingsholygrail, MACskings, Mr Irreverent, Quattro, ru4reals, ThePivot, ZyggZagg

Sharx in 5: 21Dog, Andrew Knoll, bcking, Belanger25, Black Mamba, chrisdg, DAkings20, damacles1156, Defgarden, DocWest, Dooney, edgeicator, Franchise13, goosemooseduck, greengiant91, guderian, I Am Ziggy Palffy, JCabranes, jgood, jimmy1100, Kappa, KingPuckChoo, Kurrilino, kynen, lagwagon0, Limekiller, motalar, PariseR8, polmaniac932, Prince, PSP, redcard, Rod Buskas, Stuff, Sydor25, The Judge, Whiskeypete, William H Bonney, WingedWheel1987


The members still remaining:

Kings in 7: Ajtacker, Alternate Jersey, backhander, BehindEnemyLines, Bob Ryan, Cruel11, DapperDan, GR81, Hari, Jetteroheller, kingdoughty, KingsCourt, Kingsfan1, kingsfan28, KingsKnight, Kingz4life, kMa7z1, Kovalchuk89, LeanSixSigma, OK Computer, RAZZIE King, RH63, SLang, taz346, Tonellisghost, Tortfesor, Xtreme1995

Sharx in 6: bethchella, bopple, Cup 4 the Kings, DP, JBernierFan, KingNick07, Kingsation8, KopitarFAN, Wooty

Sharx in 7: Cook24, dbbourn, HeadInjury

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
  #42
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!
 
Scrivezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 2,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
lol i love the agreement on this board these past few days. It's awesome.

Never have I seen the board in such unity. And the funny thing is, not even just in agreement of opinion, but also degree. Nobody is calling anyone chicken little for expecting a sweep by the Sharks. Nobody is overly optimistic or pessimistic, just 100% right.

haha, sharks in 4. 5 if we're lucky. 6 would indeed be a moral victory.
At bare bones minimum, moral victory accomplished.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 04:22 PM
  #43
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63

Kings in 7: Ajtacker, Alternate Jersey, backhander, BehindEnemyLines, Bob Ryan, Cruel11, DapperDan, GR81, Hari, Jetteroheller, kingdoughty, KingsCourt, Kingsfan1, kingsfan28, KingsKnight, Kingz4life, kMa7z1, Kovalchuk89, LeanSixSigma, OK Computer, RAZZIE King, RH63, SLang, taz346, Tonellisghost, Tortfesor, Xtreme1995
That's a pretty solid, smart lineup of fans right there.

Go Kings go!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.