HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to do?

Old
04-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Connecticut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well the Hawks have basically been a 1 line team most of year ,, And our best success came when Sharp-Toews-Kane were put together
But wasn't that the problem in the Detroit game? Sharp-Toews-Kane were gassed, yet Q had nobody else to put on the PP, but they had nothing left in the tank and fell short. I'm no expert, but I see Sharp dropping to the second line to spread the scoring out a little, otherwise there's a whole lot of eggs in one basket, especially if Bolland is not back for game 1.

Connecticut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
But wasn't that the problem in the Detroit game? Sharp-Toews-Kane were gassed, yet Q had nobody else to put on the PP, but they had nothing left in the tank and fell short. I'm no expert, but I see Sharp dropping to the second line to spread the scoring out a little, otherwise there's a whole lot of eggs in one basket, especially if Bolland is not back for game 1.
Kane was moved to 2nd line and him and Frolik are showing chemistry

The new 1st line has been Sharp-Toews-Hossa

With Sharp not 100% healthy he wont be moved back to C ,, And Hawks dont have a 1st line LW outside of Sharp

So Sharp-Toews + Hossa or Kane has to stay together

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Sevanston

Sharp-Toews-Hossa is one of my favorite lines around, but they looked done in those last few games.

If we're going to win this series, I hope we win it fast. Both for the hilarity of shutting up Vancouver that much more, but also so our players get more of a rest.

God knows they need one.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:24 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

One bad game and all of the sudden the Stalberg-Johnson-Kopecky line sucks beyond belief?? How many times has our number 1 line done a ****** job and no changes were made there? No need to **** up the lines some more when we finally have some that click.

You all sound like coach Q right now. LEAVE THE LINES BE! One game doesn't mean anything when you did good for 20(?) games.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:39 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
One bad game and all of the sudden the Stalberg-Johnson-Kopecky line sucks beyond belief?? How many times has our number 1 line done a ****** job and no changes were made there? No need to **** up the lines some more when we finally have some that click.

You all sound like coach Q right now. LEAVE THE LINES BE! One game doesn't mean anything when you did good for 20(?) games.
I think he was talking about the other fourth line. I'm perfectly fine with this one; the other three guys need to eat bench.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:32 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well the Hawks have basically been a 1 line team most of year ,, And our best success came when Sharp-Toews-Kane were put together
I dont mind Sharp-Toews-Hossa. Although we did excel in the POs last year when Toews and Kane were put back together.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Bickell-Frolik/Kruger-Hossa
Smith-Bolland-Brouwer
Stalberg-Johnson-Kopecky

Old
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:

Stalberg Johnson Kopecky is pretty much our de facto third line right now.

If that was said going into this season, people here would be frothing at the mouth.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:22 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Stalberg Johnson Kopecky is pretty much our de facto third line right now.

If that was said going into this season, people here would be frothing at the mouth.
They're 3rd line now?? Interesting shutdown line........

Old
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

last games... this was our 3rd line

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Suburbanbear

Agree BWC and I will say it further - if the top line of 10-19-88 doesn't score we simply can't win a series IMO. Also I really don't like 19 and 81 in the same line. For some reason they seem more productive on different lines...not sure why but sometimes I think maybe its because they both can be pretty dominant possession guys that set up plays brilliantly. Not saying both can't score VERY well...but I think its good to spread them across two lines

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
They're 3rd line now?? Interesting shutdown line........
Well, Johnson wins faceoffs and they are decent at protecting the puck. Stalberg got a lot of flack for the pass he threw in front of the net, but outside of that, the line played pretty well against detroit.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:05 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut View Post
it can work both ways. I am a firm believer in putting your top guns together for the playoffs. Yes it can backfire and we get no scoring balance from our other lines, but also think about it this way: What happens when we split up our lines and now we have two mediocre lines doing nothing?

We have seen that happen before, and when you look at the Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry line, you put all your eggs in one basket and sometimes that one line can carry the entire team. Yes they also have Selanne, but we also have Hossa so I am for loading up with one big line Sharp - Toews - Kane , and let Hossa bring secondary scoring on his line Smith - Frolik - Hossa...

It might not work, or it might carry us past the Nucks, who the hell knows, but if we dont get Bolland and Brouwer back I think we are going to be in trouble. No matter what we do line wise, this isnt going to be a high scoring team imo. Our depth just simply isnt good enough to compare to last years scoring in the playoffs.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote