HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

(1) VAN vs. (8) CHI WCQF Matchup (All series talk here)

Old
04-11-2011, 02:05 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
http://hfboards.com/misc.php?do=cfrules

I suggest you read them along with the others and there will be no issues
Please guys, don't post on the Nucks board. Stay away from there. Post here or the main - but only sometimes.

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-11-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:39 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Watched The NHL Network and both analyst said 'nucks are much deeper team this year and both picked 'nucks in 5.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Romans12_12

Sens fan here. Letting you guys know that I will be pulling for Chicago to win the West and may be hanging around these parts for the playoffs if you don't mind.

I feel very good about your chances beating the Canucks. I am predicting Chicago in six. I don't care what set of twins or goalie the Canucks have, I will take the team with Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, and Campbell in the post season against pretty much anyone. I know backing into the playoffs is never a fun thing, but I really think this team can still beat the best of them.

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:30 AM
hull9

Yeah I was really surprised to see both Raffey and Johnson pick Van. I can't imagine the Hawks not winning game 1. This will set the tone. Hawks had to play for their lives for the last 2 weeks. Esp. Sunday. and against the Red Wings. The Hawks fore check was relentless all game. They played Van. tight all season. I could see the Hawks really taking it to them. Hawks in 6.

hull9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Trapper2530

i have a ticket to game 6 but have to work, i work at nights, im gonna have to sell it, i cant call off sundays b/c we have a point system and sundays are double points and we can only have 7 total points it sucks for watching games of any kind

Trapper2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:50 AM
Patkane

Raise your hand if ya suck!

Patkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:27 AM
BobbyJet

Van hasn't changed much in that they live by their PP. Hawks need to stay out of the box. If they fail to that, it could be a short series. I think we will be fine, 5 on 5.

The other key will be between the pipes. CC will need to make timely saves and we need to get into Lou's head.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:28 AM
darkcaptain86

I like the way this is shaping up.

VAN
-All the pressure in the world
-This is their year to win the cup, if not = failure
-Hawks knocked them out 2 years in a row = mind games

CHI
-no/reduced pressure considering van is heavy favorite
-barely sneaked in with second chance
-regular season has been an adventure but the post season is a whole new game

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:58 AM
RollingPuck

I'm hedging. If Hawks take one of the first two, Hawks in 6. If not, Nucks in 5. Two losses up there and anything 2nd life gained by yesterday's miracle will be snuffed out.

RollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:00 AM
RedBaronIndian
Rest in Peace

Too much smack talk going on in the main board for my liking.

Hawks have been given a life by MIN. I hope they make good use of it. Here is hoping for a good series.

LETS GO BLACKHAWKS

RedBaronIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:07 AM
IJReilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Watched The NHL Network and both analyst said 'nucks are much deeper team this year and both picked 'nucks in 5.
That seems reasonable to me. Chicago is in no position to play the No Respect card. We played like dog-***** for half the season, and then "improved" to mediocre/inconsistent the rest of the way, before failing to take care of business in crunch time and lucking into the final playoff spot. Sounds like a marginal playoff team and a first round exit to me.

The only thing Chicago has to hang its hat on right now is Vancouver's time-honored tradition of coming up small in big moments. We all know that team is a giant ball of fragile psyches just waiting to unravel if you kick them in the teeth, and there's no denying the Hawks are in their heads. This time, however, the Nucks will be justifiably more confident than ever considering their stellar regular season performance and the off-season departures of Buff & co. I agree with RollingPuck that it's absolutely critical for Chicago to steal one on the road early and introduce some doubt into that opposing locker room. Failing that, it could be a very short series.

I have such fond memories of Vancouver's past collapses: the groundless overconfidence their fanbase...that hilarious lack of on-ice discipline...Luongo's signature implosions and awkward post-game interviews...Vigneault's classic blend of ineffectual coaching and infantile whining...ahhh, good times. Unfortunately, as much as I loath the Nucks and would love nothing better than to knock them out again, unlike those previous seasons they are simply the better team by a huge margin this time around. An upset here would represent a whole new level of choke artistry that the hockey world has never seen before (yes, even from them), and I don't see it happening. Sure, I'll be pulling for the Hawks as much as anyone, but if forced to look at this thing objectively and put money on the outcome I'd have to take the Nucks in five or six.

IJReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Illinihockey

Hawks are too inconsistent this year. Canucks in 6

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2530 View Post
i have a ticket to game 6 but have to work, i work at nights, im gonna have to sell it, i cant call off sundays b/c we have a point system and sundays are double points and we can only have 7 total points it sucks for watching games of any kind
Only 7? wow.

When I worked in steel formation the union gave us 20. 1 point for being late 2 points for not showing up.

Also, if you had a good attendance record for 30 days they'd knock 2 points off your record and give you a $$ attendance bonus.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:21 AM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

I have faith in the Hawks making it 3 years in a row. They are now jacked getting a 2nd chance because of Minnesota. Vancouver is all confidence and will prob let their guard down the first game or 2 and the hawks need to capitalize. I think this is going 7 games. Hawks in 7

Hawks win in 7. Luongo loses in 7. 7uongo. It's a sign

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Hawksfan2828

Hawks in 6.

7uongo is scared.

I wanted this match up.

If the Hawks do win they could go all the way.

Old
04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I have faith in the Hawks making it 3 years in a row. They are now jacked getting a 2nd chance because of Minnesota. Vancouver is all confidence and will prob let their guard down the first game or 2 and the hawks need to capitalize. I think this is going 7 games. Hawks in 7

Hawks win in 7. Luongo loses in 7. 7uongo. It's a sign
I love that avatar...

Old
04-11-2011, 09:26 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
what I don't understand about the 'nucks fans is they always harp on how much depth they have, but when Kesler is compared to anyone, all they do is talk about how bad his linemates are.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Sevanston

There's only one guy I really care about in this series (or for the rest of the POs if we make it). This guy:

If Duncs can return to Norris caliber, the Sedins and at least half a Kesler get shut down.

Our offense can handle everything from there.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
madgoat33

God, I wish bolland was healthy.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post

Oh, and:

I have a good feeling, Hawks in 7.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
Understand he's doing well but I feel like the Canucks fans have said that about him every single year. "He's different this year, he's been better than ever".

We will see, we certainly will.
If you guys really get to Luongo, I see you taking it in 7. That being said, I dunno, I just don't see it happening this year. One of the key reasons Luongo has sucked vs the Hawks the last 2 seasons is a lack of quality defensive depth; No Mitchell, No Salo, poor depth, etc. Now we have 6 top 4 dmen that are all healthy as we're playing you in round 1, so I think that part will be different.

That being said, I don't think were a lock to win or anything... I just think that if we lose, we won't be able to point the finger at Luongo.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
If you guys really get to Luongo, I see you taking it in 7. That being said, I dunno, I just don't see it happening this year. One of the key reasons Luongo has sucked vs the Hawks the last 2 seasons is a lack of quality defensive depth; No Mitchell, No Salo, poor depth, etc. Now we have 6 top 4 dmen that are all healthy as we're playing you in round 1, so I think that part will be different.

That being said, I don't think were a lock to win or anything... I just think that if we lose, we won't be able to point the finger at Luongo.
I think that a big thing being overlooked is the Canucks losing Malhotra

To me he was the big difference between this years Canucks and Last years. His lose could be devastating

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yep, I don't see any difference between last year and this... now that Malhotra is out

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote