HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

USHL PLAYOFFS - Discussion/Predictions?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2011, 12:17 PM
  #51
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post
Hockey IS a grind.

Makes home ice advantage actually mean something I guess... Instead of having to travel 14+ hours to play 2 games, the home team only has to travel one leg.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
  #52
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post
The only "upset" I see is Sioux Fall over Omaha. For some reason, I saw Omaha play more games this year than just about any other team and, frankly, I don't believe that they are the 2nd, or third for that matter, best team in the West. I do believe that Sioux Falls is - especially after seeing them shut down SC last night. SF sweeps.

LOL. So after picking Falls to lose against an inferior SC team, you have em beating Omaha? Flip-floppin like that would make you a great politician .

I look at it like this...

Goaltending - Omaha(and that's not even close)
Defense - Push-slight-advantage to Omaha
Offense - Sioux Falls
Intangibles - Omaha

Omaha just wins. They've got the best player in the series(Marshall) with a coach who knows how to win and a player like Ambroz who is an inconsistent potential force. Falls on the other had has the consistent offensive threats and a guy like Rau who is just a gamechanger. I give it to Omaha in 5.


Crossing my everloving fingers for a Dubuque sweep since Lincoln let me down.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 01:40 PM
  #53
Edges7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
LOL. So after picking Falls to lose against an inferior SC team, you have em beating Omaha? Flip-floppin like that would make you a great politician
What makes you believe I am not?



I based my "prediction" on the fact that SC was one of, if not the hottest team in the USHL over the last several weeks of the season. I thought for sure that the least known Musketeer, Moe Mentum, would carry them.

I was wrong, of course.


Last edited by Edges7: 04-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
  #54
Edges7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
LOL. So after picking Falls to lose against an inferior SC team, you have em beating Omaha? Flip-floppin like that would make you a great politician .

Crossing my everloving fingers for a Dubuque sweep since Lincoln let me down.
Now you know why I flip flopped. That team is for real and the conference final is going to be a great series.

You got your wish.

Indiana almost stole one game as I thought that they might. GB was lucky.

Muskegon proved the Blind Squirrel/Acorn theory. It will be over on Monday.

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
  #55
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,974
vCash: 500
Dubuque swept Fargo as they won 3-0 last nite at the Scheels Arena. Dubuque played some fantastic team defense blocking shot after shot and when they got through Morris ws there to stop them. Gothberg on the otherhand for the Force struggled and all 3 goals should of been stopped. His postitioning was not good the entire night. He is not ready to play for the Fighting Sioux yet. Needs another year for the Force.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2011, 07:59 PM
  #56
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post
Now you know why I flip flopped. That team is for real and the conference final is going to be a great series.

You got your wish.

Indiana almost stole one game as I thought that they might. GB was lucky.

Muskegon proved the Blind Squirrel/Acorn theory. It will be over on Monday.

I'm smitten as a kitten. Now I roll with Dubuque to win it.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
  #57
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
No Conference Finals Predictions from the Edgeman?

We are each 1-1 in regards to our Sioux Falls series predictions lol.

I got Dubuque taking it in 5.

CR/GB will go the distance as well. I think GB takes it in 5.

I'd lean more towards DBQ winning before 5 ahead of CR/GB though.

I really, really like this Dubuque team...even if Morris committed to Maine(spit).

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
  #58
Edges7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
No Conference Finals Predictions from the Edgeman?

We are each 1-1 in regards to our Sioux Falls series predictions lol.

I got Dubuque taking it in 5.

CR/GB will go the distance as well. I think GB takes it in 5.

I'd lean more towards DBQ winning before 5 ahead of CR/GB though.

I really, really like this Dubuque team...even if Morris committed to Maine(spit).
Sorry...

Dubuque will sweep. CR in 5 and Dubuque wins it all.

AS for Matt Morris, an ex-teammate of current Windsor Spitsfire Nick Ebert on the NJ Avalanche, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the OHL before playing one game for the Black Bears.

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 05:25 PM
  #59
Edges7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post
Sorry...

Dubuque will sweep. CR in 5 and Dubuque wins it all.

AS for Matt Morris, an ex-teammate of current Windsor Spitsfire Nick Ebert on the NJ Avalanche, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the OHL before playing one game for the Black Bears.
I'm sticking with Dubuque...but GB will give them fits...5 game series...

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2011, 05:58 PM
  #60
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
GB never misses a beat, man. They've also got home ice. I've got GB in 5.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
  #61
Edges7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
GB never misses a beat, man. They've also got home ice. I've got GB in 5.
Well...if it goes 5 one of will be wrong by only 1!!!

Edges7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.