HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you want to see?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2011, 03:36 AM
  #51
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,303
vCash: 500
Brouwer shouldn't be on a scoring line. He's fine in the bottom 6, but is just a mess offensively right now.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:37 AM
  #52
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,563
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Brouwer shouldn't be on a scoring line. He's fine in the bottom 6, but is just a mess offensively right now.
I was thinking of Brouwer as someone to go to net

Hossa nor Frolik go to net ,, With Brouwer that could open up some room for Hossa and Frolik

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 08:19 AM
  #53
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
What happened to Kopecky?

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:16 AM
  #54
MrSerious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
We really need to spread out the wealth IMO.

Frolik-Toews-Hossa
Brouwer-Sharp-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Smith
Stalberg-Johnson-Pisani (if Kopecky is out)
I heard that Bolland will be back for game 2. I'd go with this. I'd tell Bickell and Brouwer that if they wanna be on the team next year, they have to hit everything in sight.

I think this lineup gives them the best chance at winning. Or some other combination of two of Toews-Kane-Sharp-Hossa on the top 2 lines with someone riding shotgun. The Canucks are too good to throw one line at. I also HATE Frolik playing center.

MrSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:44 AM
  #55
canadajazz
Registered User
 
canadajazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Sharp Toews Kane line needs to stay together. Any chance we have relies on the offense of our top six.

Maybe for the powerplay but I'm actually surprised at how many hawks fans here have that line (or some combination of 3 of your big 4) together for 5 on 5... IMO, you're just inviting a shutdown matchup from the canucks if you do that, I would spread the wealth a bit more..., 1/2 punch on each of the first 2 lines.

Brouwer Toews Kane
Frolik Sharp Hossa
Bickell Smith Pisani (Pisani can play checking RW, replace with Smith and insert Bolland in the middle when he returns)

Stahlberg Johnson Kruger
------------------------

canadajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:51 AM
  #56
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
Canucks have no shut down line and tbh no player to shut down a line. Kesler isn't that typ of guy like Madden was for the devils or Bolland was last year

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 09:57 AM
  #57
moose vasko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
I heard that Bolland will be back for game 2. I'd go with this. I'd tell Bickell and Brouwer that if they wanna be on the team next year, they have to hit everything in sight.

I think this lineup gives them the best chance at winning. Or some other combination of two of Toews-Kane-Sharp-Hossa on the top 2 lines with someone riding shotgun. The Canucks are too good to throw one line at. I also HATE Frolik playing center.
Until last night I would have agree with that, but I thought he played very well (6 hits too, which is 4 more than our entire defense registered).

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
  #58
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,563
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadajazz View Post
Maybe for the powerplay but I'm actually surprised at how many hawks fans here have that line (or some combination of 3 of your big 4) together for 5 on 5... IMO, you're just inviting a shutdown matchup from the canucks if you do that, I would spread the wealth a bit more..., 1/2 punch on each of the first 2 lines.

Brouwer Toews Kane
Frolik Sharp Hossa
Bickell Smith Pisani (Pisani can play checking RW, replace with Smith and insert Bolland in the middle when he returns)

Stahlberg Johnson Kruger
------------------------
The Hawks have played there best hockey of year with STK line

Before Sharp's injury the line was dominant

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 03:49 PM
  #59
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,563
vCash: 400
Saasone reporting Hearing Ryan Johnson's knee injury might be worse today. Hawks practice in two hours. #blackhawks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:01 PM
  #60
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Saasone reporting Hearing Ryan Johnson's knee injury might be worse today. Hawks practice in two hours. #blackhawks
Brutal, we need his faceoff abilities pretty badly.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:02 PM
  #61
darkcaptain86
Registered User
 
darkcaptain86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Saasone reporting Hearing Ryan Johnson's knee injury might be worse today. Hawks practice in two hours. #blackhawks
I saw that too and hope its not true but, ever since I starting following blackhawks beat writers on twitter a year ago he is definitely the one that likes to throw out the most rumors. Kuc and Jahns are the best imo.

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
  #62
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,766
vCash: 500
Ugh we need Johnson

Without him (and Kops) I get

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Brouwer-Frolik-Hossa
Bickell-Dowell-Pisani
Stalberg-Smith-Kruger

Oh my

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:26 PM
  #63
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,563
vCash: 400
With Morin getting call up we can always give him and Kruger a look and get them some more experience (As far as I know Morin is healthy)

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Morin-Frolik-Hossa
Bickell-Kruger-Brouwer
Stalberg-Dowell-Pisani (Ugh Dowell and Pisani blow ,,, Honeslty wouldn't mind if Pirri/Klinkhammer got nod)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
  #64
darkcaptain86
Registered User
 
darkcaptain86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Morin got called up!?

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:51 PM
  #65
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcaptain86 View Post
Morin got called up!?
As a Black Ace. He plays one more game and we lose a year of his ELC.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:00 PM
  #66
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
As a Black Ace. He plays one more game and we lose a year of his ELC.
Do playoff games count when it comes to burning a year of the ELC?

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
  #67
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,563
vCash: 400
Is Morin healthy?

He got hurt but I thought he was healthy but was held out in final games of Icehogs

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
  #68
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Is Morin healthy?

He got hurt but I thought he was healthy but was held out in final games of Icehogs
He must be healthy again.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
  #69
darkcaptain86
Registered User
 
darkcaptain86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Johnson is playing tomorrow, kopecky doubtful, bolland out too. Per twitter

darkcaptain86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
  #70
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,563
vCash: 400
Well

Johnson in for game 2

Bolland and Kopecky out

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:21 PM
  #71
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Do playoff games count when it comes to burning a year of the ELC?
Yes, that is how the Habs burnt a year off P.K. Subban's ELC last year. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. Morin is a natural goal scorer. He's going to overprice himself really fast, so if we can have him for 3 full seasons at a cheap price, that's going to make the Hawks a very dangerous team for those three years.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
  #72
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yes, that is how the Habs burnt a year off P.K. Subban's ELC last year. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. Morin is a natural goal scorer. He's going to overprice himself really fast, so if we can have him for 3 full seasons at a cheap price, that's going to make the Hawks a very dangerous team for those three years.
True, or maybe they want to give him a new contract....why call-up someone if you're not going to even play them no matter what happens?

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:35 PM
  #73
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
True, or maybe they want to give him a new contract....why call-up someone if you're not going to even play them no matter what happens?
Ability to practice with the team, get acclimated to the playoff atmosphere etc

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:48 PM
  #74
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs
 
BBSeabs27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Ability to practice with the team, get acclimated to the playoff atmosphere etc
I guess. We'll see what happens. Looks like we're not getting passed the first round anyway.

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Smith-Frolik-Hossa
Bickell-Dowell-Brouwer
Stalberg-Johnson-Kopecky

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 02:39 AM
  #75
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
give Krüger some icetime. Needs it more than Dowell.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.