HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Weber's Defense Partners

Old
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Weber's Defense Partners

Hey Preds fans, I was wondering if someone could help me out with a report im writing about Weber (gotta love joke universities). Who did he spend most of his time paired up with each year, from the time he broke into the league until the present day?

Thanks!

Edit: Did he ever pair up with Timonen, Zidlicky or Hamhuis for a significant period of time?

Last edited by Todds Chiropractory: 04-13-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
If memory serves, Weber and Suter played together at first, while Hamhuis played with Timonen. In 06-07 Weber played with Timonen. After Timonen left it's been Weber and Suter unless one of them has been hurt.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM
brah

He spent (the whole year?) of 06-07 with Timonen and put up great numbers with him, for many reasons. People around the league started noticing him around that time.

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

In 07/08 he was supposed to play with Suter, but got injured. While he was injured, Suter and Zidlicky played together and Trotz basically kept them together even when Weber got healthy. Weber's d-partners during that year varied greatly. Zanon, Suter, and Hamhuis all saw significant time.

Ever since then, it's been Weber-Suter.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I thought Hamhuis played with Suter in 07 when Weber went down with the knee injury.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I thought Hamhuis played with Suter in 07 when Weber went down with the knee injury.
Naa it was def Zidlicky. Suter and Hammer rarely played together. Hammer played with de Vries/Zanon a lot.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Did you guys see the thread talking about the article in the Globe and Mail ranking Hamhuis the league's best defensive defenseman?

The dude never got any love while he was in Nashville (much like Klein and Blum) but you let him go to a large market Canadian team and now he's the top shutdown defenseman in the league......

Could you imagine what would happen if Weber or Suter went to a big market team, especially in Canada? They'd be the best players to ever play the game.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Did you guys see the thread talking about the article in the Globe and Mail ranking Hamhuis the league's best defensive defenseman?

The dude never got any love while he was in Nashville (much like Klein and Blum) but you let him go to a large market Canadian team and now he's the top shutdown defenseman in the league......

Could you imagine what would happen if Weber or Suter went to a big market team, especially in Canada? They'd be the best players to ever play the game.
which is a garbage poll ... has to do with the Quality of Player he's playing with ... he's playing with the Sedin Bros, Kesler, Burrows, etc. While Suter & Weber are playing with TWO 20 goal scorers ... bit a difference of QOC

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
which is a garbage poll ... has to do with the Quality of Player he's playing with ... he's playing with the Sedin Bros, Kesler, Burrows, etc. While Suter & Weber are playing with TWO 20 goal scorers ... bit a difference of QOC
HFBoards bombed my computer again. (It really doesn't play well with other programs.)

I was trying to say that this is not a poll but Mirtle putting a bunch of numbers together for fun. He even says the numbers are skewed by how good the team is.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 12:10 AM
James Mirtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
That's not necessary -- I believe Weber will win the Norris Trophy this season and I voted for him to do so.

Better than ranking first on a statistical package, no?

James Mirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mirtle View Post
That's not necessary -- I believe Weber will win the Norris Trophy this season and I voted for him to do so.

I agree James. It's just Hamhuis was good for us for years and never got any league wide recognition until he went to Vancouver.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 09:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mirtle View Post

Norris is a year by year vote which usually is idled by voters being lazy and voting for the last guy.

Nashville has a bit of hunger for some silver and banners. It goes along with the cinder block sized chip on the shoulder.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote