HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Getting Playoff tix

Old
04-09-2011, 10:10 PM
oilfaninvan

vCash: 500
Getting Playoff tix

Die hard oiler fan here, raised in Edmonton, lived 10 years in Vancouver and just transplanted to LA. I nearly cried when Barnes & Nobles didn't even have a hockey magazine... so it's hard adjusting to this new land.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Kings (hate the canucks and ducks with a passion btw). Gretz, Smytty, Green etc. Gotta love the Kings!!

So in Canada you can usually get cheaper single tickets for the playoffs from a scalper just before puck drop for somewhere around 50-80% off. It's getting more and more expensive each year - last year I paid $90 for last second tickets in the upper gods for first round Canucks tix. Those are like 120$ tickets.

I notice Kings tickets are cheaper... $50 for nosebleeds... realy?! my Barnes & Nobles tears have been quenched when I think about this!! Cheap playoff tickets?!?

anyways sorry for the rant but I want to know what the experience is like in LA - can you get cheap scalper tickets at the last minute? How does it work here? Does the box office sell cheap singles the day of?? $50 is cheap and I would snatch up a few except having just moved here my wallet is moths and dust.

Also as a side note - if anyone knows of any admin/secretary type jobs for my wife PM me please!! That way I can afford playoff tickets hahaha jk. Any leads and we can talk hockey at least.

Missing hockey being culture,
oilfan

oilfaninvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:14 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

don't waste your money

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:18 PM
oilfaninvan

Are you kidding? $50 for playoffs?? I don't care who's playing!

Explain.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
don't waste your money
EXACTLY what I was going to say.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:48 PM
oilfaninvan

cuz you think you're gonna lose? or..... ?

Old
04-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

First, welcome. As you have a soft spot for the Kings, I have had one for the Oilers. Kings fans are a serious state of suicidal depression right now so you may want to check out the LA Kings ticket exchange or stubhub for tickets. You may find them going cheaper than you think.

p.s., it's well worth it if you are not invested in the other team and just want to see some playoff puck

Remember to read http://lakingsnews.com

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 03:21 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
First, welcome. As you have a soft spot for the Kings, I have had one for the Oilers. Kings fans are a serious state of suicidal depression right now so you may want to check out the LA Kings ticket exchange or stubhub for tickets. You may find them going cheaper than you think.

p.s., it's well worth it if you are not invested in the other team and just want to see some playoff puck

Remember to read http://lakingsnews.com
Also watch out for shameless plugs

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
cubsfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfaninvan View Post
Die hard oiler fan here, raised in Edmonton, lived 10 years in Vancouver and just transplanted to LA. I nearly cried when Barnes & Nobles didn't even have a hockey magazine... so it's hard adjusting to this new land.
If it makes you feel any better, G. Clifford Noble just cried after reading your post.

cubsfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Normally I would write out some really long-winded version of the numerous steps, hurdles and travails necessary for you to acquire some of our impossibly difficult to acquire playoff seats and how the price in Canadian dole-ars would be prohibitively high, not to mention that the venue would not allow you to wear any canadian jersey inside for fear of terrorist-type fan retaliation.

But as most of us long term fans are, well, not expecting much, I've lost the desire to F with other teams fans as much as normal.

Stubhub and Craigslists will get you into the building, (and for probably a fair cost) and as long as you are not wearing a Vancouver jersey or a bright green spandex full-body suit, you'll be fine.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:42 PM
oilfaninvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Normally I would write out some really long-winded version of the numerous steps, hurdles and travails necessary for you to acquire some of our impossibly difficult to acquire playoff seats and how the price in Canadian dole-ars would be prohibitively high, not to mention that the venue would not allow you to wear any canadian jersey inside for fear of terrorist-type fan retaliation.

But as most of us long term fans are, well, not expecting much, I've lost the desire to F with other teams fans as much as normal.

Stubhub and Craigslists will get you into the building, (and for probably a fair cost) and as long as you are not wearing a Vancouver jersey or a bright green spandex full-body suit, you'll be fine.
The price in Canadian dollars is still much cheaper and that is buying it online in advance, not waiting until the last minute. The ticket prices in Van are ridiculous.

I have worn my Oil jersey many a time at Canuck games and have grown a thick skin...haha.

I don't know why you guys aren't more excited. I wish my team was in the playoffs. Trade? It's gonna be a great series with SJ, you gotta believe!! never EVER underestimate the power and magic of Smytty. Ever.

Thanks for the welcome, and link and info!!

Old
04-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Mike The Franchise

Quote:
The price in Canadian dollars is still much cheaper and that is buying it online in advance, not waiting until the last minute. The ticket prices in Van are ridiculous.

I have worn my Oil jersey many a time at Canuck games and have grown a thick skin...haha.

I don't know why you guys aren't more excited. I wish my team was in the playoffs. Trade? It's gonna be a great series with SJ, you gotta believe!! never EVER underestimate the power and magic of Smytty. Ever.

After reading your post and feeling the enthusiasm I actually feel cheered up and now pumped for the puck drop, thank you.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:28 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:

Thanks for the pick-me-up, but I saw Smyth's magic act last playoffs and it was far more Caspar than the Captain Canada that was supposed to appear.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:06 AM
GaryLivingston

Holy ****, you fans are really lame and not fun. Who cares what the odds are. At least support your team and have some fun. It's the playoffs! I don't care if we get swept. I'm going to the damn games (even if I have to pay and I'm not shooting) and I'm going to lose my damn voice and wear a home made GIANT beard and tell Niemi he sucks and is going to choke and fulfill the Sharks legacy of early elimination!

Even if Niemi shuts us out each game..I'm going to heckle the crap out of him and I'm going to do all I can to get everyone around me to cheer.

Why?

BECAUSE IT IS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have some heart and fun! You jackasses.

Anyhow...stubhub is great. Craigslist is too the day before. Lots of scalpers are always roaming around Figueroa in front of Staples too.

Thanks, Oilfan, for being a better LA fan than these bum outs.

GaryLivingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:23 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLivingston View Post
Holy ****, you fans are really lame and not fun. Who cares what the odds are. At least support your team and have some fun. It's the playoffs! I don't care if we get swept. I'm going to the damn games (even if I have to pay and I'm not shooting) and I'm going to lose my damn voice and wear a home made GIANT beard and tell Niemi he sucks and is going to choke and fulfill the Sharks legacy of early elimination!

Even if Niemi shuts us out each game..I'm going to heckle the crap out of him and I'm going to do all I can to get everyone around me to cheer.

Why?

Anyhow...stubhub is great. Craigslist is too the day before. Lots of scalpers are always roaming around Figueroa in front of Staples too.

You mistake my droll postings for a lack of support and volume. Very few in that arena (although JDM is one) are louder than me in my support of the team. I am glad we are in the playoffs, and will be at each game, maybe 1 or 2 in san jose as well, but I have few illusions about our chances against a goalie that has been very, very, good since the all star break. Add that to our well known and recently obvious inability to score goals, and my excitement is tempered from where it would be with a full healthy roster playing a more fine tuned dynamic system.

I've been down this road too many times to work myself up into a frenetic frenzy just to be downcast not too far out in time.

Old
04-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLivingston View Post

Why?

Amen! Gary Livingston for Kings fan of the year!

What a bunch of mopey sad sacks around here. Grab a tissue, a snuggie and go cuddle with a romance novel and one of your 18 cats in the corner why we watch the Kings in the playoffs!

How many years of piss poor hockey do people have to watch that they will actually get excited when they get to watch some playoff games for a change? I don't care how depleted the roster is, how inept our coach may or may not be and how good the opponent is, I'm going to watch the games with the expectation that the Kings win the series. That is the goal right?

And as far as tickets go, you should be able to find a single for fairly cheap although I've never tried to buy playoff tickets from a scalper. If you really want to go, I'd buy something up front. I'm pretty sure ticketmaster still has singles in the nose bleeds. If you don't care and are on a tight budget, maybe you'll get one for $20 or $30 the day of the game but I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe somebody will offer something up on these boards?

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Thanks for the pick-me-up, but I saw Smyth's magic act last playoffs and it was far more Caspar than the Captain Canada that was supposed to appear.
I think at least part of that had to do with that hit he took in Game 3. He could barely skate off the ice after and looked punch drunk. He probably had a minor concussion at the very least.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:00 PM
ShattStar03

If I only made some bucks man, I'd definitely go to a game!! However, somehow by the grace of God, I always land up getting tickets to a Kings playoff game.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
...and how the price in Canadian dole-ars would be prohibitively high ...
To add insult to injury, the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar at the moment. It's currently $1.05US to $1CAN

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote