HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Black Aces

Old
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESunlin View Post
Honestly, I hate to see them pull THIS many Aces up- I suppose it will do them good, but I worry that the concentration should be on the playoffs and doesn't turn into a development thing.

It seems like more than normal...
I was sorta thinking the same thing. In years past it seems like they didn't have this many. Does that mean they have a ton of players they think are going to be Wings and they want them exposed to the playoffs? Or does this mean they are throwing the kitchen sink at it so they can go with whoever looks good in practice if they need a body?

I would lean toward the "kitchen sink", since I don't think Pearce, Erhardt, Pyett, Lashoff, iFlip, Pare, or Raedeke have any NHL future with the Wings. I like Lashoff and iFlip, but I don't see them ever making the team - they may have a shot with another organization though.

IMO the forward pecking order goes Mursak, Tatar, Emmerton, iFlip, Andersson, Pare, Raedeke. The defense pecking order probably goes Janik, Meech, Smith, Pyett, Ehrhardt, Lashoff.

Recalled goaltenders Thomas McCollum and Jordan Pearce, defensemen Travis Ehrhardt, Doug Janik, Brian Lashoff, Derek Meech, Logan Pyett and Brendan Smith, and forwards Joakim Andersson, Cory Emmerton, Ilari Filppula, Jan Mursak, Francis Pare, Brent Raedeke and Tomas Tatar from Grand Rapids (AHL).

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I would lean toward the "kitchen sink", since I don't think Pearce, Erhardt, Pyett, Lashoff, iFlip, Pare, or Raedeke have any NHL future with the Wings.
out of these i like raedeke. speed and defense. sounds like a potential 4th liner. if cheap, maybe with the wings.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 10:18 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
out of these i like raedeke. speed and defense. sounds like a potential 4th liner. if cheap, maybe with the wings.
Even if he has the tools to make it as a 4th liner, if he doesn't have a pretty good set of hands the Wings won't have a spot for him. He might be a Matt Ellis type of guy who catches on somewhere else, but he's going to need to put up some points in GR for the Wings to move him up.

Old
04-13-2011, 10:54 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Even if he has the tools to make it as a 4th liner, if he doesn't have a pretty good set of hands the Wings won't have a spot for him. He might be a Matt Ellis type of guy who catches on somewhere else, but he's going to need to put up some points in GR for the Wings to move him up.
helm doesn't have hands either. both are not exactly comparable, but close in style. i'm not saying raedeke is the next helm which he isn't, but i think even a light version of helm could have a use in the NHL.
but of course the development has to continue. the 2nd half of the season was much better for raedeke. next season he has to go from there to 30-40 points while being a defensive forward. if he can achieve that, i think he could become a legit option in 2-3 seasons.

Old
04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
helm doesn't have hands either. both are not exactly comparable, but close in style. i'm not saying raedeke is the next helm which he isn't, but i think even a light version of helm could have a use in the NHL.
but of course the development has to continue. the 2nd half of the season was much better for raedeke. next season he has to go from there to 30-40 points while being a defensive forward. if he can achieve that, i think he could become a legit option in 2-3 seasons.
I think Helm's speed buys him a little room as far as handsiness goes. Also, he had 40+ goals in the WHL while Raedeke's career high was 19. Helm doesn't have NHL hands, but Raedeke doesn't have Helm's wheels so his hands will need to be better than Helm's IMO.

Or if he doesn't develop any offensive touch as a pro, he could always go be a Blue Jacket.

Old
04-16-2011, 01:06 AM
FabricDetails

Hmm... What about Willie Coetzee? Why isn't he on that list?

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 01:38 AM
DetBigWangs

Quote:
On Helm: Maybe not at first but his hands look a little better to me than it did when he first started in the NHL. He can move the puck along the boards and change direction with it pretty shiftily. So his hands are better stickhandling wise. Shooting/passing still needs work though if that's what you mean by "hands".

DetBigWangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
HockeyGuru3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Hmmm....let's see.....guess the Boxer/Fighter of a coach during the season was more interested in having fighters/heavyweights on the team than skilled players......maybe that's why the team got so far this year ;-)) New coach please

HockeyGuru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:48 PM
MissNHL

Quote:
After the game the Red Wings announced that seven players were reassigned to the minor league affiliate Grand Rapids Griffins.
Joakim Andersson , Travis Ehrhardt , Ilari Filppula , goalie Thomas McCollum , Francis Pare , Logan Pyett and Brent Raedeke were sent back.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110416/...#ixzz1Jp7EqGRG

MissNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 06:59 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Why?

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 07:05 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
Why?
they have no use. they can start their offseason.

Old
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
FabricDetails

These guys were allowed to stay with the team:

Pearce

Meech
Janik
Smith
Lashoff

Mursak
Emmerton
Tatar

Old
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
These guys were allowed to stay with the team:

Pearce

Meech
Janik
Smith
Lashoff

Mursak
Emmerton
Tatar
And right there we also have the 7 guys most likely fighting for a roster spot this fall.

04-17-2011, 07:50 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
And right there we also have the 7 guys most likely fighting for a roster spot this fall.
i don't think so.

pearce obviously not. meech is UFA and why should he re-sign? lashoff is not even an established AHLer yet.

so probably 5 fighting for a spot (smith, janik, tatar, mursak, emmerton), but i doubt janik is actually fighting for a spot. he's signed for being a depth guy in GR and his NHL stints showed why he's not more.
smith is highly unlikely too as long as the wings are among the best teams in defense scoring. he doesn't fill a need.

mursak, emmerton and tatar are the only ones fighting for a spot IMO and tatar has zero chance.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Few people are more disappointed that I am over how this season went.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
Few people are more disappointed that I am over how this season went.
I get the impression from griffins central that Coetzee is working hard and trying hard. So that's a hopeful note.

Old
04-18-2011, 03:21 AM
JRB86

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
? He is more NHL ready than McCollum should we have injury problems in net.
Just the ECHL games I seen him in he was awful.

JRB86 is offline   Reply With Quote