HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
05-20-2011, 06:35 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
What nobody knows wont hurt them, its not disallowed if its not known lol....colleges do it everyday
Eventually the NCAA finds out and everyone gets in trouble.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Levitate

^^^^ Actually I dont' think anyone would get into appreciable trouble, except maybe the "agent" if they were found to be involved (might get barred from being allowed to be advisors to other NCAA athletes?) NCAA couldn't do anything to Kreider once he turns pro...maybe make him payback scholarship money at the most but that's BC's domain I think. BC wouldn't have been a part to any of this so they couldn't be held responsible, and the NCAA has absolutely no hold over the Rangers. Seems like the most the NCAA could do is ***** about stuff. We're not talking about a school recruiting and violating NCAA rules, we're talking about a player turning pro and once they do that the NCAA can go **** itself.

The real problem isn't the NCAA, is the NHL CBA which most likely prohibits gifts and stuff like that because it circumvents the salary cap.

Anyways, I would have rather had Tarasenko too...or maybe even Kuznetsov , but...I can see why the Rangers may have been annoyed enough with dealing with the KHL after the Cherepanov incident that they wanted more control over the development of any prospects from Russia that they decided to pass.

I don't totally agree with it but I could at least see where they might be coming from

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 07:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

It is circumvention. The CBA prohibits this nonsense from taking place.

Ron Wilson put money on the board if the Leafs beat the Sharks for his 600th win as coach. The Sharks fired Wilson in 2008 and he wanted his #600 against the team which fired him. So Wilson put $600 on the board. $600 to the Leaf player who scores the GWG. The NHL fined the Leafs an undisclosed amount.

Quote:
Bounties are not unusual, but the NHL rarely acts on information regarding them, the Toronto Star reported. Players usually post them among themselves as they seek career milestones, such as goals scored.

It appears the violation involved the NHL's salary cap -- although $600 is insignificant in terms of current player salaries.

The Star quoted from Article 26, Section G of the NHL collective bargaining agreement:

"Neither a Club nor a Club Actor may pay or provide a Player anything of value, except as provided in his SPC (standard players contract) ... Upon a finding of this circumvention ... the player shall forfeit to the League such prohibited payment or other thing of value."
Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1MtWDKJ4A

My previous point wasn't just in regards to Kreider. The OP said everyone does it. That's why you have one scandal after another in NCAA. Eventually they get caught. It might take some time but they usually get caught. Reggie Bush and USC. Ohio State.

Old
05-20-2011, 01:36 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
It is circumvention. The CBA prohibits this nonsense from taking place.

Ron Wilson put money on the board if the Leafs beat the Sharks for his 600th win as coach. The Sharks fired Wilson in 2008 and he wanted his #600 against the team which fired him. So Wilson put $600 on the board. $600 to the Leaf player who scores the GWG. The NHL fined the Leafs an undisclosed amount.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1MtWDKJ4A

My previous point wasn't just in regards to Kreider. The OP said everyone does it. That's why you have one scandal after another in NCAA. Eventually they get caught. It might take some time but they usually get caught. Reggie Bush and USC. Ohio State.

That's so funny, I remember Graves was telling me that there is a bounty up in the Rangers locker room seemingly all the time.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:41 PM
JimmyStart*

I'd like to suggest this seems to be standard procedure for the rangers with NCAA kids but we signed Hagelin fast as hell didn't we? Werek was a guy it just felt like they were procrastinating on too and look what happenned. They've mentioned looking tot reade a piece or two...just saying.

. Maybe his scoresheet dissappearing acts have soured them though McD had a sort of reaction where NCAA was too slow and small for him maybe the same is happenning with CK. Shrug anyway I'm rumor mongering aren't I? We'll just wait and see I guess.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
I'd like to suggest this seems to be standard procedure for the rangers with NCAA kids but we signed Hagelin fast as hell didn't we? Werek was a guy it just felt like they were procrastinating on too and look what happenned. They've mentioned looking tot reade a piece or two...just saying.

. Maybe his scoresheet dissappearing acts have soured them though McD had a sort of reaction where NCAA was too slow and small for him maybe the same is happenning with CK. Shrug anyway I'm rumor mongering aren't I? We'll just wait and see I guess.
Hagelin was done with college, it was either sign with us, or become an UFA...we had to act quickly.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:51 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers wrapped up their meetings yesterday. The meetings were supposed to run through today but the Rangers brass is attending the Derek Boogaard funeral in Regina. The CBA prohibits certain contracts being signed after June 1. If the Rangers make Kreider an offer next week or made him an offer this week from their meetings and Kreider doesn't accept/sign the contract by June 1,he has to wait until July 1 to sign the SPC if he decides to turn pro. Derek Stepan confirmed he was leaving school on June 9 after mulling over the Rangers offer for two weeks and he had to wait until July 1 to officially sign a SPC. Blake Wheeler had to wait until July 1,2008 after he decided to sign with Boston two weeks earlier.

50.8 Prohibited SPC Terms and Practices

Quote:
(d) No Club or Player may enter into an SPC that does not cover at least the
then-current League Year. The foregoing does not apply to an SPC entered into pursuant
to Section 50.5(f) above, or to Unsigned Draft Choices or Draft Related Unrestricted Free
Agents, who shall be permitted to sign an SPC during the period from March 1 through
June 1 immediately preceding the League Year in which such SPC is to take effect

Old
05-23-2011, 12:34 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Hagelin was done with college, it was either sign with us, or become an UFA...we had to act quickly.
Oh ya I know definitely a different situation like I said I was kinda just rumor mongering. I'm surprised if they offer him nothing this year. But won't be surprised if they trade him grachev or thomas close to or on the heels of a richards signing

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Chris Kreider attended Bruins-Lightning game 7 on Friday night

Quote:
At game 7. Wish @MJH_44 was here with me. Let's go B's.
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...31205817618432

He was reminded by a Ranger fan about his Ranger connections

Quote:
@MikeRiz09 just taking advantage of rooting for my hometown team while I still can haha
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...50698228908032

Another similar question

Quote:
@wskebey. Good-luck Rangers thong under the shorts. Always.
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...62175606247424

He never mentioned the Rangers in any tweets before tonight.

June 1 signing deadline. If he doesn't sign by Wednesday,he can not officially sign a SPC until July 1. He can agree to terms in principle like Derek Stepan did last June but he can't officially sign the SPC until July 1.

Some other BC players tweeted about a month ago they went to some Boston playoff games.

Hope he turns pro.

Old
05-28-2011, 01:51 AM
t3hg00se

I hope he turns pro too. I'm really just dying to see him at the professional level. The Rangers need to get their hands on Kreider. I really hope that the rumors that he made up his mind to join the NYR are true.

Old
05-28-2011, 10:30 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Rangers need to replenish Hartford. If Grachev makes the team, it's going to look like the Biggs-Macreynolds-Chihocki days in 2012

I'd like to see Kreider and Hagelin play together to develop some chemistry.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Chris Kreider attended Bruins-Lightning game 7 on Friday night

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...31205817618432

He was reminded by a Ranger fan about his Ranger connections

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...50698228908032

Another similar question

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...62175606247424

He never mentioned the Rangers in any tweets before tonight.

June 1 signing deadline. If he doesn't sign by Wednesday,he can not officially sign a SPC until July 1. He can agree to terms in principle like Derek Stepan did last June but he can't officially sign the SPC until July 1.

Some other BC players tweeted about a month ago they went to some Boston playoff games.

Hope he turns pro.
Quote:
@MikeRiz09 just taking advantage of rooting for my hometown team while I still can haha
Kind of makes me think he is leaning towards turning pro. I sure hope so.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 11:04 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Kind of makes me think he is leaning towards turning pro. I sure hope so.
Yeah. He could be a Bruins fan for another two years if he wanted, so saying 'while I still can' must be good.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 12:27 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Rangers need to replenish Hartford. If Grachev makes the team, it's going to look like the Biggs-Macreynolds-Chihocki days in 2012

I'd like to see Kreider and Hagelin play together to develop some chemistry.
replenish in terms of prospects for the future rangers? or ahl talent so the whale are good?

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 12:52 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
replenish in terms of prospects for the future rangers? or ahl talent so the whale are good?
Both, tho they'll be getting some this year with Horak,hagelin,yogan etc.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:10 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Prospects. Hence the reference to the old all-star line.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Big deal he's a Bruins fan, Jonathan Quick is a Rangers fan, I don't think Kings fans are worried

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 08:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Yeah. He could be a Bruins fan for another two years if he wanted, so saying 'while I still can' must be good.
Or looked at another way, since he's going to sign a Rangers contract in a year or two he might as well still be a Bruins fan while he still can. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:07 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Prospects. Hence the reference to the old all-star line.
bourque, hagelin, horak, yogan, and wilson are all turning pro to join a pretty young team...valentenko, kundratek, grachev, newbury, weise will likely still be there...maybe del zotto and mza depending on how things go...

so i think there is going to be a lot of young talent in hartford...its debatable how good the team will be, and obviously it would be nice to add some top prospects that have big time potential but its not like the team will be filled with career ahlers

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Big deal he's a Bruins fan, Jonathan Quick is a Rangers fan, I don't think Kings fans are worried
Also JVR is a Rangers fan, don't think it makes any difference at all unless maybe a player makes it to Free Agency and his favorite childhood team wants him.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 12:03 AM
t3hg00se

Chances are one of our prospects is going to light the AHL up. I'm really excited to see if it happens, and who it might be.

Old
05-29-2011, 08:38 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Chances are one of our prospects is going to light the AHL up. I'm really excited to see if it happens, and who it might be.
I agree goose. There is a lot of talent on the way this season. I can see both Horak and Bourque being career AHL studs.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 08:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bourque could do great things in the AHL. He's very talented. If he was a bigger dude he'd be an NHL talent for sure.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If he plays in Hartford for a year, none of his ELC will be burned off.
Yes it will...even if he only plays one game in the AHL, It will burn a year! Latest signing of Matt Frattin by the Leafs...even one game in the AHL or NHL burnt a year off his contract.

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
No one is worried, we are happy. Disect the Tweet and u see he is saying he has to root for them while he still can. Makes it sound like he's ready to turn pro and join the Rangers.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote