HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Pretty sure he'd be too old to go back into the draft--if college players don't sign after they graduate they become free agents.
Which is significantly worse.

But that's still two years away, and hopefully it does not come to that. I just pray he finally gets college life out of his system this year, because if he intends to go back for his senior year too, I will be very, very nervous.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
You'll probably see some direct quote from a Rangers official at some point, but it'll be in a story by one of the beat writers, not in a press release by the Rangers themselves. That would be my guess

Best of luck to him, it's time to start dominating the NCAA or there are going to be questins

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 05:42 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
At this point that's all you can do. These points have been made over and over....it's getting to a place where the proverbial horse is taking a lickin'.
Yea.

I'm just going to do myself a favor and not really talk about it much now, if this is the final decision for the upcoming season.

He's still my favorite Rangers prospect, I'll just hope he has a big year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
And, the reason i felt he WOULD be in the NHL is because of how highly regarded he is by the organization. If you go back and look at everything that is said in interviews regarding this kid, he was primed to get a shot in camp to make the roster.

Now the notion of trading up at the draft and getting a high-end forward, IMO, is even more important then it was when Kreider was still a possibility.
Hes a 1st round pick - what do you think the organization is going to say about him?

This isnt me being a contrarian, this is me trying to understand your expectations on player development. Youre saying the main reason you thought he'd be in the NHL this season is because the organization that drafted him was touting him?

And what does this years draft have to do with next season? You expect to move up a few spots and draft a player that is NHL ready? Do you know how rare that is?

Give me Vinny Prospal for a year instead of a kid thats not ready.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 06:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

A) Hes a 1st round pick - what do you think the organization is going to say about him?

This isnt me being a contrarian, this is me trying to understand your expectations on player development. Youre saying the main reason you thought he'd be in the NHL this season is because the organization that drafted him was touting him?

B) And what does this years draft have to do with next season? You expect to move up a few spots and draft a player that is NHL ready? Do you know how rare that is?

C) Give me Vinny Prospal for a year instead of a kid thats not ready.
A) Not because he was a first round pick. They tout kids that progress. And it isn't so much touting as it is things like Tortorella wanting him to go Pro, what does he care, typically an NHL coach has other things on his mind. Other then the Rangers, a lot of people in hockey feel this kid can play Pro hockey now. Pierre Mcguire, who has a very good handle on prospects is also very high on Kreider.

IMO, the decision doesn't damn him. I'm not suggesting you feel that way anyway. But still making the point, he can and probably will have a good NHL career. He's a smart kid, has elite speed, and very good release.

Maybe this will be the best thing for him, who knows. I think he should sign, though.

B) This year's draft has to do with the future of the organization. Is there any reason we shouldn't be going after a high-end forward? Now with Kreider going back to BC, what if he made the wrong decision? We need a high-end forward if not for depth, then for insurance.

C) I have no faith that Prospal can play a full NHL season anymore.

Give me someone like Erik Cole for a year or two. He can still play and he would fit this team's identity.

Old
06-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Id love to know how so many people can create absurd stories about the 1 little tweet leslie said, based on their own reasoning. The bottom line is I think we can all agree whether he is coming next year or not, he will be a ranger. He said it himself in his go B's apology tweet "empire state of mind." That being said, he is only going to be a junior, he obviously comes from a family who has placed a high importance on education, and I respect that tremendously, it is something that is extremely taken for granted in todays America. It gives me a lot more respect for kids like Kreider over this 1 and done kids in coll bball, but I wont get into that. My only concern and hope is that his play and skills wont be able to progress because the level of play is not increasing and he has less talent around him since BC lost alot of core guys. All and all, I do hope something does turn around, but either way good luck and god bless chris, hope your 100% sure with the decision you make whatever it is.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 10:59 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Kreider tweeted that he was at times square, did we already know this?

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I still think he ends up a Ranger. Leslie heard it from the "Rangers BRASS." Lol. So vague. Who's that? Glen Sather? Please. Nothing is final yet. We'll have a better idea in the next few weeks. I, like most of us, want Kreider to make the team or play in the AHL this year. But, I think we can agree that Chris Kreider isn't making our breaking our Stanley Cup hopes this year. We've got bigger fish to fry. Let's get Richards first, and maybe deal from a position of strength to add some elite scoring (trade a D-man like Girardi, whose value is likely at an all-time high... with some other expendable players or prospects and/or picks for a difference-making forward). And take care of the salary cap issues with Dru, Wolski, Avery, etc. while re-signing our core players. Kreider will be a Ranger this year or next. I do find it hard to believe, no matter how much he values education, that he could say not to this opportunity after seeing what happened with and talking to McDonagh and Stepan this year. It's not like turning pro now means he'll never be able to get a degree. I'm sure he knows this. I still think we see him in Rangers blue this year. We shall see, though.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 06:08 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

2 things on this whole kreider deal.

this sounds alot like the mcd thing last year.

first, if the kid wants to go back to bc and finish his degree, thats his call. problem is, while it might be the best thing in his mind, it is certainly not the best thing in his professional development. thats the rub here. dont be fooled, if he stays, slats and co. will not be happy. at all.

this kid is our #1 forward prospect. hes under enormous scrutiny and pressure to sign a contract and become a pro. his decision to stay at bc, should that ultimately happen, effects this organization this season perhaps. this is a big deal to all involved.

personally, i do not agree with him staying at bc. another year playing ncaa will not, and i repeat, not maximize his development. this all about becoming a professional hockey player at this point of the game and staying in college does nothing for that. period. this is what he wants to do, become a pro hockey player, right ? go back and get your degree in the summers if thats so important to you. right now, he shouldnt even be considering another year in boston. so that tell me something else is the issue.

secondly, i believe this is all about posturing and negotiating, just like the stepan and mcd deals, with all the speculating resulting in alot of people upset that deals werent signed. then all of a sudden we hear they signed. in the end, this kid will sign a deal and become a ranger this season.

im really hoping that kreider and his handlers can get a deal they like- i mean there isnt alot of wiggle room really, the numbers are all pretty much set for elc's.

even mcd played in hartford before he earned a spot, kreider needs to sign his deal, get in camp, show what he can do, play in hartford if need be and get on with his career.

staying at bc one more season is the wrong choice for him and this organization and ultimately, he will sign and be in camp this fall.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 06-04-2011 at 06:13 AM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 08:02 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

first, if the kid wants to go back to bc and finish his degree, thats his call. problem is, while it might be the best thing in his mind, it is certainly not the best thing in his professional development. thats the rub here. dont be fooled, if he stays, slats and co. will not be happy. at all.

this kid is our #1 forward prospect. hes under enormous scrutiny and pressure to sign a contract and become a pro. his decision to stay at bc, should that ultimately happen, effects this organization this season perhaps. this is a big deal to all involved.

personally, i do not agree with him staying at bc. another year playing ncaa will not, and i repeat, not maximize his development. this all about becoming a professional hockey player at this point of the game and staying in college does nothing for that. period. this is what he wants to do, become a pro hockey player, right ? go back and get your degree in the summers if thats so important to you. right now, he shouldnt even be considering another year in boston. so that tell me something else is the issue.

secondly, i believe this is all about posturing and negotiating, just like the stepan and mcd deals, with all the speculating resulting in alot of people upset that deals werent signed. then all of a sudden we hear they signed. in the end, this kid will sign a deal and become a ranger this season.

im really hoping that kreider and his handlers can get a deal they like- i mean there isnt alot of wiggle room really, the numbers are all pretty much set for elc's.

even mcd played in hartford before he earned a spot, kreider needs to sign his deal, get in camp, show what he can do, play in hartford if need be and get on with his career.

staying at bc one more season is the wrong choice for him and this organization and ultimately, he will sign and be in camp this fall.
That's always been my take.

Staying in College? This isn't your average Joe that's in college to end up with a good job.

This is an athlete. Your number 1 priority SUPPOSE to be what's best for my professional career.

If college is that important to you, get your education at a later time.

You're never too old.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 09:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
First time seeing Times Square with Bennett and Cristina. #kidinacandystore
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...55389907460098

Kreider will be back in NY for prospects camp beginning three weeks from this Monday.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 09:38 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisKreider/...55389907460098

Kreider will be back in NY for prospects camp beginning three weeks from this Monday.***

***and will sign a contract.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
***and will sign a contract.
A lot of it may depend on how he does.

I may be reading this wrong, but I get the feeling Chris isn't 100% sure he is NHL ready, even if the NYR think he is.

06-04-2011, 09:53 AM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

I'm trying to put myself into Kreider's position, but I still can't see why he wouldn't thinks he's ready. Judging by his Facebook it looks like he may have a girlfriend, or this girl just happens to be someone he takes several pictures with.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

He really should think about training camp and how much better he can get.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

That's how I feel about it. Great he wants to earn his education, but he's a first round pick and his goal should be to play professional hockey. He can get his education later. My mother's on the wrong side of 50 () and she's going back to school now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 12:30 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

From a selfish hockey fan point of view, I wish Chris would sign. I can totally understand why he wouldn't want to though. He hasn't exactly dominated the NCAA so far and he himself may feel he's not ready. That combined with the fact that he probably likes college and that I doubt his parents and friends are urging him to leave school, well, this isn't such an easy decision. It's only easy for us fans, who don't have to deal with the consequences of his decision.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 01:09 PM
beastly115

Quote:

Good post. I agree with everything you said.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Mikos87

Kreider is staying at BC, today's newsday article (read the print edition) had a direct quote from Gordie Clarke on the matter, Clarke believes that CK is pro ready, but respects his decision.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 08:56 AM
NYRCC

as much as well all want to see it, i'd be shocked at this point if CK signs his elc and joins the rangers this year.

not happening.. and it sucks...

NYRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 12:44 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Kreider is staying at BC, today's newsday article (read the print edition) had a direct quote from Gordie Clarke on the matter, Clarke believes that CK is pro ready, but respects his decision.
And that's the kind of official statement I was looking for.

Old
06-05-2011, 12:54 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I saw what Clark said

Quote:
Erixon was taken four spots after Kreider in 2009. Despite his decision to stay at Boston College for his junior year, Kreider is just as ready as Erixon is to turn pro, according to Clark.

"We felt it was his time, but he wanted to wait, and we respect that," Clark said
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...gers-1.2930763

Is that really an official statement?

Lets see what happens later this month at prospects camp when John Tortorella can speak with him.

So we know Clark is Leslie's source.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:00 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Wow that sounds pretty official. He can still sign, but that's a shot through the heart right there.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:02 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Sounds like he's going back, barring an unforeseen change of mind. I'm okay with that, I definitely respect his choice; but I would have loved to get him on the Whalepack, and give him some #1 time to try and succeed offensively. If he doesn't light it up in college this year, I'll start to worry.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Hopefully he changes his mind after prospect camp. Maybe if he dominates, he'll come around.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote