HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
azrok22

vCash: 500
Leslie's article certainly doesn't give me any warm and fuzzy feeling.

http://hfrangersblog.com/2011/06/12/...ollege-player/

Quote:
As unwarranted as I believe immense concern about Kreider’s return to BC is, I have to admit that I am much less than certain that he will eventually sign with the Rangers than I was about some of the other recent NCAA prospects. It is very risky to select a player from an area of the country that he feels such a connection to, who does not leave his home area to go away to junior or prep hockey and then college, and is a big fan of the local NHL team. Just the thought of it leaves me a little uneasy.
Me too.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:12 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Kreider is an idiot. If this was any other program that actually was handling him correctly, I'd agree with him. If this is a ploy to leave the Rangers organization as Leslie hints at, then what can you do? Not much, really.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Hmm. I still think Kreider ends up a Ranger, but at what point does Sather decide to try to get something for him before it's too late?

Would Girardi, Boyle, Kreider be enough to grab Lucic? Is that giving up too much for a guy like Lucic, who until this year (30 goals, 60 points) had never broken 20 goals?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:14 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Not only is that not enough for Lucic but also there is no way BOS trades one of their best young players to a rival.

06-12-2011, 04:18 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Looks like my suspicions may be right.

I questioned before does he want to be a Ranger.

edit: In fact Eddie had he and Stepan on his show a couple of years ago. And if I'm wrong I stand corrected, but IIRC, Eddie said shortly after the interview he got the feeling that Kreider wasn't all that thrilled with being a Ranger.

Last edited by BroadwayBlues: 06-12-2011 at 04:25 PM.
BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:22 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I hope to God this isn't true..
We finally have a legit future potential 1st line LW'er and theres speculation that he may not want to be a Ranger?

Boy -- if that is the case you can package Kreider, Del Zotto and this years 1st round pick to get something really really good back.

I'm talking Spezza territory... Maybe along with a Regin. You'll probably have to add more.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:24 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I think the people most disappointed about this are those who had Kreider penciled in at LW along with Richards and Gaborik. I agree it's not the best decision for us from a development standpoint, but it's hardly the bad omen that many here are making it out to be.
yeah, that's pretty insane. a rookie 1st line LW. This is Chris Kreider here, not Thomas Vanek and I think even Vanek was only a 2nd liner in his rookie season.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

If they have any hint that he doesn't want to be a ranger, dump him. I don't want guys on this team that don't want to be here and it's not worth taking a risk like that.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Looks like my suspicions may be right.

I questioned before does he want to be a Ranger.
I don't buy into it at all. Last year lots of people thought the same about McDonough not wanting to be a NY Ranger.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

Who the hell would actually turn down the Rangers? We're the ****ing New York Rangers! Yeah I don't buy it that he doesn't want to come here. He actually apologized on twitter for tweeting lets go Bruins or something like that. This happened way after the Rangers were out btw.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Blazephr

Calling Kreider an idiot is going a little too far.

Kreider will be a Ranger. book it. No reason to put this negative notion in everyone's head with-out any proof to back it up.

Kreider's recent tweets:

ChrisKreider Chris Kreider
First time seeing Times Square with Bennett and Cristina. #kidinacandystore

Apologies for the "Go B's" tweet. Just want to see the city of Boston happy. Rangers first and foremost. #empirestateofmind

@
@wskebey. Good-luck Rangers thong under the shorts. Always.

@
@MikeRiz09 just taking advantage of rooting for my hometown team while I still can haha

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:30 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Lots of baseless speculation going on here. Wanting to play another season of college puck (versus riding a bus around the AHL) does not equal "not wanting to be a Ranger".

Same thing was said about McDonagh last year.

I have been fortunate enough to get to know quite a few college players over the years and the one common sticking point in the decision to go pro early is the AHL lifestyle. Another season on campus is a very difficult thing to turn down when the alternative is (very likely) grinding through a season or seasons in the AHL.

06-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I'd rather Chris play 45 games in Boston at 21 minutes a night than 80 games in Hartford at 12 minutes a night. If he does well in Hartford, yeah, he'll get more ice time, but if he doesn't he will get little ice time and that would be bad for his development. His minutes and next to guaranteed with York and minutes will be the most important thing for his development. People also seem to forget that in College Hockey, while they play for 45 games, they also practice another 45 games worth. 5x more than they get to in pro hockey because they don't have a bottom line to meet selling tickets like pro teams do.

Next summer, it'll be more like of an issue because he's gotten all that development time in by then and being a year older and more experienced would garner him more ice time in Hartford. Where he probably should spend 1/2 a season a la McDonagh or even 1 - 1.5 seasons a la Dubinsky/Callahan.
If Chris is that good, he probably would make his way up the depth charts with ease in Hartford.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Not only is that not enough for Lucic but also there is no way BOS trades one of their best young players to a rival.
Tell that to Esposito, Park, and Ratelle.

I think that is enough for Lucic. Girardi would be loved in Boston; Boyle is another Boston kid who just scored 21 goals playing on the 4th line and is still only 26; and they get their homegrown top-end prospect in Kreider who would without a doubt sign with Boston next year.

Only problem is I'm not sure Boston needs Girardi. Boychuk is pretty much their version of him and he's younger and cheaper. However, Girardi could replace Kaberle who has been completely unspectacular at best. What a soft, soft player. Reminds me of Redden, honestly. There's no way I see Boston keeping him, even if he would sign at a discount.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

He does seem like a strong Boston guy.

No way of knowing this but if we were the freaking Bruins, I bet he'd sign....

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Hmm. I still think Kreider ends up a Ranger, but at what point does Sather decide to try to get something for him before it's too late?

Would Girardi, Boyle, Kreider be enough to grab Lucic? Is that giving up too much for a guy like Lucic, who until this year (30 goals, 60 points) had never broken 20 goals?
Del Zotto + 2 firsts for Lucic.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:34 PM
In The Flesh

I'm all for trading him for a center.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
I just wrote a blog post on this subject. It can be read at: http://hfrangersblog.com/2011/06/12/...ollege-player/
I didn't see any sources there so I dusting this up to more paranoid speculation. And him tweeting Go Bruins? Come on. He born and raised in Massachusetts. I'm sure playing for BC has been a life long dream of his and he's dreamt of seeing the Bruins win the cup. The Rangers are no longer in the playoffs so it's totally fine for a player to root for another team. Countless NHL players publicly do so for their ex-teams or because an ex-teammate is in the finals. Why should a college kid get different standards? This is turning into a crazy witch hunt. If it continues, it'll be no wonder Kreider wouldn't want to play for this bi-polar fan base. get a hold of yourselves people. SPECULATION. If we have hard facts, then we can criticize and nitpick the facts but I feel everyone is demonizing this kid based on speculation and heresay.

Old
06-12-2011, 04:40 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
If Chris is that good, he probably would make his way up the depth charts with ease in Hartford.
Well, if his advisers (whomever they may be) aren't so confident, they will tell him otherwise. You don't even seem so sure yourself. Is that a gamble you want to take with one of your top prospects? Chris is RAW. We need to develop him, not throw him into the fire. You don't want to stunt his development and ruin his potential.

I can't believe how out of proportion this topic has gotten. Talk about making a mountain out of an anthill. Please let the real off season start so we can get off this insane topic.

Old
06-12-2011, 04:41 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

You mean he's making his own life choices?!? How selfish could he be!!

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:43 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
You mean he's making his own life choices?!? How selfish could he be!!
Life choices in what sense? Ditching the team that drafted you in a momentous time in your life? The team that initiated the start of what may be your career?

Beggars can't be choosers. However, this is all speculation it seems.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:44 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
Del Zotto + 2 firsts for Lucic.
I'm not giving up that much for Lucic.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:44 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
I'm all for trading him for a center.
a month ago, Kreider was considered near untouchable by most posters and now he's chop liver? OK, it's one poster but I sense more people are turning coat on him. Yes, Kreider for an elite center is a no brainer but I get the feeling you'd take a 2nd line center for Kreider at this point. Bi-polar at its best.

Old
06-12-2011, 04:45 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Life choices in what sense? Ditching the team that drafted you in a momentous time in your life? The team that initiated the start of what may be your career?

Beggars can't be choosers. However, this is all speculation it seems.

I was referring to him staying another year at BC. Him not signing with the Rangers is complete speculation like you said.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2011, 04:46 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

I wouldn't think twice about including Kreider in a package for an elite player. Wouldn't think twice about it. Leslie's article has so far echoed all the concerns I've had for Kreider for awhile now.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote